PDA

View Full Version : NATS Initial Test Results

mitchgixer6
21st Jun 2006, 18:58
Hi all,

First off I'd like to thank all of the chaps and chapesses on here for suppliyng such helpfull info for all of us wannabe ATCO's. The advice I found on here helped me alot during my initial selection tests at the beginning of the month.

Was just wondering if anyone can shed some light on how long NATS usually take to tell you whether you have been successful or not? The only reason I ask is that I know for a fact that someone else who sat the tests the same day as me (6th June) heard that they were unsucssseful last Friday via e-mail.

Should I be worried that I haven't heard anything yet?

vfr800i
21st Jun 2006, 19:50
Hi Mitch,

I can't offer any further knowledge but if it helps at all I did my tests on the 8th and have heard nothing yet. We just have to sit on our hands and wait I guess. :hmm:

dbounford
21st Jun 2006, 20:23
I wouldn't read anything into it, sometimes they let you know 2 days later, sometimes its 3 weeks later. :rolleyes:

mitchgixer6
21st Jun 2006, 20:37
Cheers for that guys. Looks like we'll just have to sit it out.

Just want to find out what's happening though. :cool:

Broxi
21st Jun 2006, 21:42
NATS can be awful at getting back to you re applications and interviews. It's a bit random, don't be surprised if you're waiting a few weeks. Give it a little while and then start pestering them with phone calls.

smellysnelly2004
22nd Jun 2006, 08:58
The general concensus seems to be that no news is good news. Although not foolproof, in my experience this has been true. Last year it took nearly 4 weeks to get initial selection results, which I passed, and then 4 days to get interview results, where I failed the personnel part:{ :{

Sit tight and hope for the best:D

mitchgixer6
22nd Jun 2006, 10:05
I'm trying not to get excited without hearing anything, but it's hard to when I know that a friend has allready had a knock back. Would they not tell everyone who has been KB'd at the same time?

We were told that it could be up to 3 weeks before we get the results, which is up on Tuesday. I'm beginning to think that they might be holding off telling the passees that they have been successful in order to make the i/v's harder.

I have a friend who is an ATCO, and he assures me that the i/v's here are taking place first week in July. Could it be that they are holding of so as to give us an even bigger challenge in preparing for the i/v's?

Who knows! :bored:

smellysnelly2004
22nd Jun 2006, 10:12
Doesn't sound very likely. You can book your interview for whatever date/location that is available so would make no sense in holding back results as you could just book an interview somewhere else.

I think what is more likely is that NATS are 'erratic' in their response times. It (probably) bodes well that somebody on your day has been refused and you haven't heard yet.

It can be frustrating but if you're really worried then call HR and ask.

IVAOGB-AOC
22nd Jun 2006, 12:33
I got my results from the Manchester selection (30th May) last friday 16th June - about 2 and a half weeks later...

future atco
22nd Jun 2006, 15:14
hi

i did my tests in january this year?

It took NATS 4 weeks to tell me.................that i hadn't got through!! and even then i had to ring them to find out if i'd passed or not!!!

it is agonising, i know but fingers crossed. and seriously,dont read ANYTHING into it!!!! it means nothing that they havent contacted you yet!!!

Gonzo
22nd Jun 2006, 20:32
I'm beginning to think that they might be holding off telling the passees that they have been successful in order to make the i/v's harder.

I have a friend who is an ATCO, and he assures me that the i/v's here are taking place first week in July.

Complete rubbish. :rolleyes: You get the results, and if successful, you get to arrange a convenient interview date.

Yes, there are interviews going on in early July, as there are in late July, and early August, and late August, and early September........etc etc.

mitchgixer6
22nd Jun 2006, 21:48
Complete rubbish. :rolleyes: You get the results, and if successful, you get to arrange a convenient interview date.

Yes, there are interviews going on in early July, as there are in late July, and early August, and late August, and early September........etc etc.

Fair enough. :oh: I wasn't aware that there were as many i/v's taking place. Thought it might have been a good way to try and catch us out if this was the case.

IVAOGB-AOC
22nd Jun 2006, 21:54
I was told that due to the huge number of applicants, I had to have my interview within 3 weeks of receiving the email to say I was successful - Interview is 4th July in Glasgow...

mitchgixer6
22nd Jun 2006, 22:45
I was told that due to the huge number of applicants, I had to have my interview within 3 weeks of receiving the email to say I was successful - Interview is 4th July in Glasgow...

Just out of interest, when did you sit your tests? Sounds like it might have been around the same time as myself. I was at the Glasgow round on the 6th June @ the Ramada.

Edit-: Any chance you could PM me the link to the document for pre i/v learning (just in case;) )?

IVAOGB-AOC
22nd Jun 2006, 23:03
I had mine in Manchester on 30th May ;)

My Interview is in Glasgow ;)

Biggles_WannaB
26th Jun 2006, 19:16
Hi Guys,

Will anyone be at the interview Stage in London this Friday..?

If so - PM me...

BW

IVAOGB-AOC
26th Jun 2006, 22:34
Likewise if any of you are attending the Glasgow selection on the 4th July :O