PDA

View Full Version : Wolverhampton Airport

RS2
21st Jun 2006, 13:30
Wolverhampton Fly In 24th June
Along with hosting Project Propeller, the airport is inviting people to fly in generally. There will be a number of attractions on the ground including, historic fire vehicles, display by current Staffordshire Fire vehicle, an aviation artist, Hunter cockpit, plastic model display and an amateur radio group. for the kids there will be face painting, bouncy castle and some small rides. The cafe will be open all day with BBQ and licenced bar also available (for the passengers). 60 Sqn from RAF Shawbury are sending a Griffin Helicopter and the Police Ec135 will be on display along with an Ec135 of the County Air Ambulance. The latter wont be present all day but will be operating from the airfield for part of the day.

As we are playing host to Project Propeller, a charity for ex servicemen, we are offering free landing fees for any privately owned military marked aircraft that ppr (even on the day before setting off for Wolverhampton), and the airport have also supported Project Propeller through landing fees.

In terms of other visiting aircraft, normal landing fees will be charged but a large percentage will be going to the Air Ambulance. We shall also be raising monies for the Air Ambulance through car parking fees on the day.

Air Atlantique will also be in attendance with the Dove, Rapide and Prentice offering pleasure flights over Bridgnorth and the Severn Valley (a good opportunity to see the Steam trains operating between Bridgnorth and Bewdley)

Wolverhampton also now accept microlights of all descriptions including three axis, weight shift etc etc and a small unlicenced grass strip is available.
Should you wish to pop in, for hopefully an enjoyable few hours, but also to help support the Air Ambulance then please do. PPR is preferred but not essential, even if its a quick call just before you set off. The tower also have a new e mail address that they can be contacted on - [email protected]

We look forward to seeing some of you on Saturday.

RS2
22nd Jun 2006, 18:15
Over 100 aircraft now expected, any ppruners amongst those attending?

Mariner9
23rd Jun 2006, 08:19
Wolverhampton Fly In 24th June
PPR is preferred but not essential, even if its a quick call just before you set off.

Do WBA still issue a landing fee "fine" if you haven't PPR'd?

Good luck with the fly-in, am Aeroexpoing Saturday, but might drop in on my return if time permits

WorkingHard
23rd Jun 2006, 11:47
I am a visitor to WBA on infrequent occasions and can honestly say they have always been absolutely superb. I fly on business and they are just so acommodating they should be emulated by some other airfields.

Pull Back
23rd Jun 2006, 12:14
I'll be there, my first one, just been rining around my passengers to confirm meeting times.

See you all there.

PB