PDA

View Full Version : Unusual bit of RT!

oscarmike
17th Jun 2006, 12:25
Just on our way back from Caernarfon in our Jodel yesterday evening around 1900 local, approaching Ludlow, and monitoring London Information as you do in that part of the country.

Heard the following exchange:

(KLM***) London Information, this is KLM***

(London Info) KLM*** pass your message.

(KLM***) Bit of a cheeky one actually, do you happen to have the final score in the Netherlands versus Ivory Coast match? Some of my passengers are very interested.........

(London Info) Stand by, and I'll get that information for you.

Short pause.

(London Info) It appears the final score was 2 - 1 to the Netherlands.

(KLM***) Thank you, you have made some of my passengers very happy!

(London Info) You are welcome sir!

Made me chuckle anyway!

BRL
17th Jun 2006, 12:30
:ok: ......

SwanFIS
17th Jun 2006, 12:55
BRL says :ok:

I say :ok:

A fair number of GA pilots say :mad:

We get quite a few complaints and sarcasm on freq from pilots when giving out scores. It does not take up much r/t time and happens on the airways frequencies as well.
If we standardised the phraseology for passing scores in CAP413 do you reckon the irate minority would be happy? :rolleyes:

Say again s l o w l y
17th Jun 2006, 13:00
To those that whinge about this sort of activity, I say get a life!

Final 3 Greens
17th Jun 2006, 13:09
Maybe this type of critical information would be a good use of the Guard frequency? :}

chevvron
17th Jun 2006, 16:07
We had the same thing with England vs TT on thursday.

Dr Eckener
17th Jun 2006, 19:45
That is what NDB's are for. Surely eveyone knows you can pick up capital gold on 1548. Guess the dutch aren't aware of this ;)

neilmac
18th Jun 2006, 00:24
When serving in Iraq I had a BA**** "could you possibly find out the score in the Ashes Test" I replied "Im Scottish why would I care" long pause and in a sad voice "Roger" dont worry I did get back to him with correct score!
Though when I worked in various Ops rooms especially Giibraltar when ships used to ask via computer link footie scores when they were miles away in the middle of the sea..quite a few guys used to tell porkies!! Just make sure they are not docking in Gib!!

Jinkster
18th Jun 2006, 16:04
I say If you cant take a joke, you shouldnt have joined!

Final 3 Greens
19th Jun 2006, 03:38
Serious point.

On other threads, the CAT community complains bitterly about GA doing training fixes and practice pans, because they allege it disrputs their situational awareness.

However, it is okay to pollute London Info with requests for sports scores.

Hypocrisy rules.

nzmarty
19th Jun 2006, 03:46
some of you guys should have taken the blue pill.

MoateAir
19th Jun 2006, 13:21
I say append the scores to the end of the VOLMET broadcast. Keeps everyone happy then.:O

SwanFIS
19th Jun 2006, 13:37
.....................Hypocrisy rules.

Which CAP do we find those rules in:confused:

It doesnt take long to say "England losing five nil" and we wouldnt transmit it to the detriment of any other service :ok:

Final 3 Greens
19th Jun 2006, 13:45
SwanFIS

Well according to various and sundry CAT boys on another thread, someone calling "G-ABCD training fix, training fix, training fix" and receiving the reply "G-ABCD 5 miles west of nerdville" causes them to have to switch off box # 2 or 3 and risk being shot down.

BTW, I meant Hypocrisy rules (okay), not that the rules were hypocritical (unless you were making a pretty subtle pun, in which case good on yer.)

No attack on ATC intended from me, BTW, just on a few hypocritical line pilots.

GK430
19th Jun 2006, 15:33
Swanfisquote:
It doesnt take long to say "England losing five nil" and we wouldnt transmit it to the detriment of any other service :ok:

those that care might all be looking for the prozac:ugh:

:ok: