PDA

View Full Version : The Sound between ATC and the PILOT....

swathunter
16th Jun 2006, 17:40
What is the sound between ATC and the PILOT....

People say the noise is inteferance ? but its not a crackling noise or anything its very much like a computer noise like a 'TEEEEEEEEE' noise if you get me...

Can anyone tell me what it really is ? and where I can download a sound file of it from... I need like that sound in mp3 or wav or something... http://askcaptainlim.com/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Edit : Just like to comment that I am not listening to any ATC illegally. However I watched a DVD of a plane from Gatwick -> Orlando in a B767. The noise is heard when the Pilot communicates with ATC. It can also be heard in add-ons to Microsoft Flight Sim where you hear fake Air Traffic Control you can heard this 'interference' if you like.

Edit 2nd : Ok Listen this may help. http://www.fhunter.force9.co.uk/files/ATC%20NOISE.mp3
Listen to the background noise in this short sound clip. Now can you help me ? A name of what its called and where I could get a .mp3 or something similar of this sound on its own...

Lon More
16th Jun 2006, 18:55
Can anyone tell me what i really is ?

If you don't know ....

swathunter
16th Jun 2006, 21:13
If you don't know ....

:rolleyes::hmm:

Data Dad
16th Jun 2006, 22:55
Carrier Wave?

pax britanica
17th Jun 2006, 05:41
I dont think thats carrier wave which you shouldnt really hear on VHF -HF yes . Surely its just ambient 'background' noise from flight deck ac, avionics fans, aircraft engine noise etc -in other words just noise.

Try using an ordinary phone witha fan running close by-you may not notice it but the other end certainly will hear soemthing similar to whats on the clip
Just an idea
PB

Angrel
17th Jun 2006, 11:03
yeah i would say background noise. i've often heard the same including a horrible whine as the engines are throttled back just after take off! makes my hair stand on end everytime though its normal! also it could be when two stations transmit at once and cause feedback on the freq.