PDA

View Full Version : NOTAM Site

Maxflyer
16th Jun 2006, 14:54
I just tried to create a narrow route briefing and keep getting a page that says:
LOGIN ERROR
You may not be authorised to login.
Please check your User Name and Password.
If the problem persists, contact the Administrator.
Return to login Page
Forgotten Login or Password ?
National Air Traffic Services Ltd
Registered address:
Fifth Floor
Brettenham House South
Lancaster Place
London WC2E 7EN

I try to return to the login page and keep getting the same message. I often use this site and have not had this problem before.

Any helpful suggestions gratefully appreciated.

MF

Fuji Abound
16th Jun 2006, 15:09
Not the answer you want - but dont bother

Notamplot is free uses the information from the same source in real time and is far better :)

http://www.notamplot.flyer.co.uk/

Mike Cross
16th Jun 2006, 15:44
Works for me.
I take it you have done the obvious and given them a ring or an e-mail? Contact details are on the login page.

As a result of massive numbers of inactive users (caused by people forgetting their login details and simply re-registering) they carry out periodic sweeps and delete logins that are not in regular use. If you've not used the site for a few months you might have been caught out by this.

Or of course it could simply be that you've misrembered username or password.;)

Mike

Rod1
16th Jun 2006, 16:50
They deleted mine a few weeks ago; fortunately I use the same one for the other info sites so remembering is not a problem. I will now log in every so often to stay current even if I am not flying. It will be a waste of time and bandwidth, but it saves a few meg of storage at NATS.

Rod1

drauk
16th Jun 2006, 17:38
As a result of massive numbers of inactive users (caused by people forgetting their login details and simply re-registering) they carry out periodic sweeps and delete logins that are not in regular use.

Why? If not doing so slows down their database they've got a very strange database.

Maxflyer
16th Jun 2006, 23:32
Thanks for the suggestions. I didn't mention that I had actually used the site quite successfully earlier in the day without any problems. I don't think I'm the victim of a periodic sweep?

Mike, perhaps you could let me know the best number to ring?

Mike Cross
17th Jun 2006, 06:48
Just ring the Duty Officer during office hours and he/she will put you through to someone who can help.

Alternatively you could just try re-registering.

I do know that the software manufacturers, Thales Information Systems, had the site down in the past few days for bug fixes.

AIS is a small organisation (around 30 people) and they are happy to receive visitors, whether from a group for a tour or from an individual wanting to consult the library of foreign AIP's they maintain.

They are in the Control Tower Building at LHR so it's an interesting visit. Best contact if you want to arrange a group visit is Lesley Clayton.

Mike

Dannyboyblue
17th Jun 2006, 17:50
I put in Notams for a route Egtf- GWC EGHN.
Ended up with a change in airspace for FL110 over cardiff,,, nice:ugh:

Cricket23
20th Jun 2006, 21:41
I have generally used NOTAMPLOT, but you do seem to get loads of 'not plotted' results, which are a pain to wade through. Notamplot is of course v.good as you have loads of flexibility as to the your route, which of course may not be to another airfield. ie just a bimble.

On the other hand as far as the AIS website is concerned I don't think you have any choice but to have a destination airport, which of course is useless if you're going for a bimble.

My point is, if you used notamplot, but missed an important 'not plotted' result then I guess you could land yourself in hot water. So, is there any way to enter a bimble route on the AIS website?

C23

Dannyboyblue
20th Jun 2006, 23:03
I havent tried it because i have totally given up on the website but maybe start destination same as the end, and a route in between?

DBB

Mike Cross
21st Jun 2006, 04:26
That's one way.

Another is simply to choose two a/d that straddle your bimbling area as your departure and arrival a/d. By default you'll get NOTAM for 10nm either side of the direct track between them. Effectively you've defined a box. Adjust the "narrow route width" to enlarge the box if necessary. To ensure you get a/d NOTAM include any other a/d you might use as alternates.

The route will automatically be saved in the "Briefing Handbook" and can be pulled out and re-used whenever you want.

I use one from Sandown to Kemble to cover my bimbling area from Popham.

Mike