PDA

View Full Version : Expansive Media

gaxan
16th Jun 2006, 08:36
I recently recieved 2 DVDs from this company, they were distributed on the cover of Todays Pilot. One of the DVDs contained a directory of flying schools, and I found my company listed. With the DVDs came an invoice for £100 + VAT for the listing which I had not ordered. Quite clearly "unsolicited goods". I have now recieved an statement from Royal Bank of Scotland as they now own the debt. I have phoned them (RBS) and registered my objections and they have put the invoice on hold prior to resolving this issue. I know of at least one other Flying School caught by this - how many other people have been stung ? Can we get together to put these cowboys in their place?

rjt194
16th Jun 2006, 16:06
This maybe relevant from the OFT website:

"Inertia selling

The regulations amend the Unsolicited Goods and Services Act 1971 and the Unsolicited Goods and Services (Northern Ireland) Order 1976 to remove any rights of the sender in respect of unsolicited goods and services and any obligations on the consumer.

As such, consumers can retain unsolicited goods or dispose of them as they wish. They are under no obligation to keep them safe or to return them to you. It is an offence for you to demand payment from consumers for unsolicited goods or services."

(http://www.oft.gov.uk/Business/Legal/DSR/distance+selling+regs+contract+performance.htm)

Contact the OFT and see what they say.