PDA

View Full Version : Just got Laid Off HELP!!

DDDOF
4th May 2001, 08:22
Help!!
Myself and around 40 of my fellow co-workers at ICC Canada who operated Airbus 300B4's all got laid off today, as our company's contract with Emery Worldwide was cancelled.
Does anyone know of any operators hiring A300 crews, contract or otherwise?
Funny how when there is supposed to such a pilot shortage, a company can layoff it's entire roster of pilots. guess thats canada's third world airline industry for ya. Everyone is screamming for qualified pilots except canada.
Any help for would be great.

Tintin
4th May 2001, 09:16
I'm sorry for you guys it's so bad. Last year they where hiring like crazy, Emery cancel your contract? why?

Anyhow you are right for the canadian market it's ashamed I realise it last year so I pack and start somewhere else.

Are you qualified on the A300 600 if yes email me

Salut

OneWorld22
4th May 2001, 11:14
From what I know of European carriers the following are A300 cargo operators,

Schreiner - Holland
City Bird - Belgium
Channel Express - UK
Air Contractors - Ireland

Sorry I don't have contact numbers etc and I don't even know if they're looking for crews.
You could also try FedEx.
I also know Air Scandic operate pax A300's ex Manchester.

Anyway, good luck!

Gilhooley
4th May 2001, 11:55
Sorry to hear of your problems,got laid off myself on the 2nd April but I have got something lined up.
Try the link below they are looking for A300 crews.
http://www.mach2000.fr/

Iz
4th May 2001, 13:06
Also Farnair flies freight in A300s.
www.farnair.com (http://www.farnair.com)

E. MORSE
4th May 2001, 14:35
Unfortunately Schreiner Holland will also seize their cargo-operation with their 2 A300
freighters.

But you didn't want to work there anyway for sure , so it is not a waist actually.
Their start pay was +/- $1500,- /Month.
(which is less than the cleaner in the school across the street).

Good luck to you all.

---------------------------------------------

When times get rough , give your wife an extra hug.

Noctivaga
4th May 2001, 16:26
Nobody that I know of in Asia that is looking for A-300 drivers, however if you don't mind the long times on the road several Asian carriers, (mine included) are looking for lotsa people. Drop me a line if you wish. In any case, good luck. I tried the UI Air for a year and a half, and don't ever want to try for seniority there again.

geronimo
4th May 2001, 18:18
Another EU operator recruiting type rated A300B4 crews is European Air Transport operating for DHL. Contact is Inge vanbelt in recruiting department. I have only an email adres; [email protected]

Must have an EU license though.

Good luck

[This message has been edited by geronimo (edited 04 May 2001).]

birdstrike
4th May 2001, 18:55
Air Contractors (00 353 1812 1900) are reportedly picking up the Aeropostale contract in June, and are also acquiring 3 further A300s (probably ex-Schreiner) starting in July. Definitely worth a try.

Doctor Cruces
5th May 2001, 01:31
Don't have a clue as to their current requirements but you could try Heavylift at Stansted. They operate A300 freighters and they're starting a pax op as well

+44 1279 680611 Capt Brian Webb, Director of Flight Operations is a good place to start.

Also Air Scandic at Manchester. Their Ops are +44161 489 6431. Again, don't know how they are fixed.

Best wishes to you all

Doc C.

CargoRat2
5th May 2001, 04:03
CityBird A300-600F (Belgium). MNG A300C4 (Turkey). Freighters, but all that springs to mind right now.

------------------
rgds Rat