PDA

View Full Version : "those pesky little Cessna's"

Trinity 09L
12th Jun 2006, 19:27
Quote from a newspapaper article "Jolly good of you to come!" he booms. "Did you come down by puddle-jumper?"
A puddle jumper it appears, is his term for "those pesky little Cessnas flying at 2000ft that you have to avoid as you flip in and out of town". For the record his own favourite means of transport is a £4 million jet.:rolleyes:

FlyUK
12th Jun 2006, 19:30
4 million on a jet?? Cheapskate!!! Obviously couldn't afford a proper one. :}

Kolibear
13th Jun 2006, 06:55
I wonder what he learned to fly in?

chevvron
13th Jun 2006, 09:46
Visiting Dunsfold one day before BAe moved out; TP Mike Snelling wandered into the tower (where his wife worked) and asked whose was the 'PJ' ( I was in a '150 from Blackbushe) but then he test flew Harriers so I didn't mind!
(John Farley told me once - hope I get this right - standard first flight in a new Harrier was full fuel and vertical takeoff).

3 Point
13th Jun 2006, 21:11
Yep, a "no go" vertical take off way above the maximum mass. This allowed the engine parameters to be checked at full power without the aircraft getting airborne. If the new engine passed this test (and several others) you then go out to the runway for a proper take off!

Perhaps John will comment

3 Point (or, in this case four point!)

TD&H
14th Jun 2006, 08:23
Puddle Jumpers

Regard it as derogatory if you wish, but it's just a generic term used to define small aeroplanes, Cessna or whatever. Many pilots of big aeroplanes may use the term, perhaps some of them in a derogatory way, but it doesn't stop them from getting into a PJ for a bit of fun flying (not that a Cessna can give you much of that, stand by for incoming!).

I happily jump into my own PJ after playing with larger aeroplanes and have fun.

S-Works
14th Jun 2006, 09:14
consider yourself truly bombed.......