PDA

View Full Version : Instructors pay: how do they do it?

JP4
12th Jun 2006, 15:12
Hi gentlemen,
I'm not asking for figures heres but I would like to know how the instructors (TRI/TRE) are paid in your company?
We actually have a fix monthly bonus, but our company wants to change this, and pay a bonus based on the instructions hours only...this means a TRI or TRE flying a non instruction flight would be paid as a normal captain.
It doesn't sound good to me.
How is it in your company?
Thanks for your inputs

JW411
12th Jun 2006, 16:14
I have recently retired as a TRI/TRE from a European airline. I was paid the standard annual salary plus an annual addition for TRI and a further addition for TRE. The combined additions came to around €30.000 per annum.

The training increments were paid regardless as to whether I was actually training or not.

I do not like the sound of what they are trying to do to you. The answer is to tell them that you are not interested in training under those terms - it simply is not worth the hassle.

Techman
12th Jun 2006, 18:11
In my company we are paid an additional bonus on top of the salary as TRI/TRE. It is calculated as a certain percentage of the salary, so is linked to and increases with salary.
When we are doing conversion courses, we get an additional hourly bonus on top.

What is being suggested in your company does not sound good to me. The amount of work involved being a TRI/TRE is more than just the hours instructing or checking,

JP4
16th Jun 2006, 16:19
Thanks for your inputs gentlemen. I'm happy to read that I'm not the only one with a bad feeling about that proposition.
Cheers