View Full Version : Why Nobody Likes RAF Police

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Laarbruch72
26th Jul 2006, 23:38
I have sat back and watched this thread go from bad to worse. Can we please bring it to an end! :ugh:

Can everyone who belongs in this forum please stop posting on this thread in the hope that Laarbruch72 and Shjustme disappear.

Pretty please! :rolleyes:

I am fully agreed. Bring it to an end.

However Time flies, I'll be here while this forum defames and slags off. Once it stops I'll go.
When the PPrune members stop slagging me and my own off, I'll go. Until then, read my previous posts... re: "Belonging in this forum" (It's a PUBLIC forum, so if attacked, will defend etc.

Laarbruch72
26th Jul 2006, 23:41
1. Spent several tours in Northern Ireland as an Infantryman. Mid 80's South Armagh, West Belfast, Londonderry.
2. Bosnia (when the war was still on)
3. That accounts for two of my six gongs. I'll not bore you with the rest.
4. Best you do a little bit of homework and discover I'm not a sideways walker but a pongo.

Detective work not your strong point?

Wow, you're my hero. I didnt realise you were into such dangerous hobbies! I'm truly in awe as I've never been anywhere like that!

Mwwhaaa!! (Big kiss)

Seriously though, You're actually a rarity in the aircrew world.

wg13_dummy
26th Jul 2006, 23:42
I am fully agreed. Bring it to an end.

However Time flies, I'll be here while this forum defames and slags off. Once it stops I'll go.
When the PPrune members stop slagging me and my own off, I'll go. Until then, read my previous posts... re: "Belonging in this forum" (It's a PUBLIC forum, so if attacked, will defend etc.

Youre pishing in the wind then lofty. Sit back and enjoy the constructive critisism.

wg13_dummy
26th Jul 2006, 23:43
Seriously though, You're actually a rarity in the aircrew world.
Not in the AAC I'm not.

Laarbruch72
26th Jul 2006, 23:44
You are clear inbound hot wg13

Maple kisses ass BIG style!!:D

MWaaahhhh! xxx

Laarbruch72
26th Jul 2006, 23:47
[quote=wg13_dummy]Not in the AAC I'm not.[/quote

Didn't say you were. AAC are a different kettle of fish. I've actually got some respect for them / you. NCO / WO aircrew and all that. Good for you.

wg13_dummy
26th Jul 2006, 23:52
Didn't say you were. AAC are a different kettle of fish. I've actually got some respect for them / you. NCO / WO aircrew and all that. Good for you.

I'll say it slowly.

You said;
"You're actually a rarity in the aircrew world."

I said;
"Not in the AAC I'm not."

Meaning; Its (I'm) not a rarity in the AAC for aircrew to have done a bit more than drink Pims in a 5* hotel.

Clear?:D

Laarbruch72
26th Jul 2006, 23:58
I'll say it slowly.

You said;
"You're actually a rarity in the aircrew world."

I said;
"Not in the AAC I'm not."

Meaning; Its (I'm) not a rarity in the AAC for aircrew to have done a bit more than drink Pims in a 5* hotel.

Clear?:D

I'll say it even slower then, seeing as you're army....
I said you are a DIFFERENT kettle of fish. I was actually saying that I have more respect for Army Pilots than I do for the Pimms brigade.
It was a compliment. Take it as It was meant. All good.
I've eaten sand too. Respect for you guys.
:ok:

wg13_dummy
27th Jul 2006, 00:02
I've eaten sand too.

Thats not very bright of you. Did you get it confused with a pork luncheon meat sandwich?

See, even the Army think RAF coppers are throbbers. ;)

RMP any day. At least they know they are unpopular and live with it. :}

Laarbruch72
27th Jul 2006, 00:13
Thats not very bright of you. Did you get it confused with a pork luncheon meat sandwich?

See, even the Army think RAF coppers are throbbers. ;)

RMP any day. At least they know they are unpopular and live with it. :}

If you took the time to read my posts (Professionalism anyone?) I did already say that I know we're not popular.
My lucheon meat sandwich came courtesy of a tour in Afghanistan. What about yours? Officers mess alright was it?
RMP by the way, all Army types I've served with (plenty) say that they'd have the RAFP anyday by dint of the common sense shown, which the RMP don't seem to recognise.
And this whole post came from an Army aircrewman who I'd complimented, in the hope of improving relations. Any idea why we are a bit anti aircrew then bawjaws?
Best regards.
Laar.

wg13_dummy
27th Jul 2006, 00:21
If you took the time to read my posts (Professionalism anyone?) I did already say that I know we're not popular.

Live with it then mate.

My lucheon meat sandwich came courtesy of a tour in Afghanistan. What about yours? Officers mess alright was it?

Again, you pressume too much. ;)

RMP by the way, all Army types I've served with (plenty) say that they'd have the RAFP anyday by dint of the common sense shown, which the RMP don't seem to recognise.

Most army types don't deal with RAFP on a regualr basis and see it as grass being greener. We know its just as thick.

And this whole post came from an Army aircrewman who I'd complimented, in the hope of improving relations.

A pat on the back is always a recce for a knife from a copper.

Any idea why we are a bit anti aircrew then bawjaws?

Jealousy?

Laarbruch72
27th Jul 2006, 00:29
[quote=wg13_dummy]Thats not very bright of you.

That's pretty rich considering what you do for a living. You get a compliment confused with a generalisation about RAF crews? And they trust you with a multi million pound airframe?
I do despair! Mate, I have to tell you, you ARE thick as ****. Sorry and all that, but thick as **** sticks.

I take back all I said about the AAC. I'll generalise seeing as one member here has already done so about my trade.......
All AAC members are thich as ****. To a man. How the **** do they trust a Sgt with an Apache? ( Same Sgt who can't tell the difference between RAF slagging and Army slagging!)
Good luck f*ckwitt telling the difference between the buttons on an apache and the wendy house of your girl's at home.

wg13_dummy
27th Jul 2006, 00:31
That's pretty rich considering what you do for a living. You get a compliment confused with a generalisation about RAF crews? And they trust you with a multi million pound airframe?
I do despair! Mate, I have to tell you, you ARE thick as ****. Sorry and all that, but thick as **** sticks.

I take back all I said about the AAC. I'll generalise seeing as one member here has already done so about my trade.......
All AAC members are thich as ****. To a man. How the **** do they trust a Sgt with an Apache? ( Same Sgt who can't tell the difference between RAF slagging and Army slagging!)
Good luck f*ckwitt telling the difference between the buttons on an apache and the wendy house of your girl's at home.

Lol. Teddy and dummy well and truly chucked out of the pram then?

I will admit to being 'thich' if I knew what it was.

BTW, this thread is very 'Joint'. All three services think your all a bunch of tubes.

Laarbruch72
27th Jul 2006, 00:35
Lol. Teddy and dummy well and truly chucked out of the pram then?

I will admit to being 'thich' if I knew what it was.

It's a typo for thick. Did you not manage to work that out?
Oh dear, AAC requiring English teacher again.

No pram here by the way. It's just that you're a c**t. That's all.

Laarbruch72
27th Jul 2006, 00:38
[quote=wg13_dummy] pressume quote]

Hey spelling Nazi. How's that one? I know I'm not perfect, but as the bible says, he who casts the first stone and all that. You tosser.

Laarbruch72
27th Jul 2006, 00:45
BTW, this thread is very 'Joint'. All three services think your all a bunch of tubes.

Not really. Unless you count one sadsack army pilot, one p*ssed off navy boy (who has nothing to do with aviation unless you count the odd A109 landing at his sad old navy Island) and about 4 or 5 outgrown growbags.

Show me the figures dummy. I reckon we're not all that bad.

Best regards.

Laarbruch72
27th Jul 2006, 01:05
Thought so Sadsack.

Many thanks.

And where is all this "much higher than I could ever dream of" intellect that I was warned would come my way if I ever defended my trade? Despite talking to 3 or 4 pilots (or so they claimed) it never materialised.

Can't say I've lost tonight. I've mostly had sad individuals who thought they'd have a crack without comeback.
I'm sorry to say, you lost guys. One Rock, (come on, you can do better surely!), one (claimed) AATC, 3 Pilots, 1 nav, and 1 AAC pretend pilot.
All lost out on this thread!! Have something good to say about my trade? Then post, but try to leave out lies and desparation! It's always see-throughable!
I have a great respect for all the real pilots out there, just please discourage all the sad sacks on this thread.

Many thanks.

Laarbruch72
27th Jul 2006, 02:33
[quote=wg13_dummy]
Most army types don't deal with RAFP on a regualr basis and see it as grass being greener. We know its just as thick.

Ermm, no. I don't speak from speculation (unlike you), only fact I'm afraid. I dealt with Army movers and RMP in Kabul recently. All good. The movers said they had never dealt with an RAF section that was so helpful. That's fact. Only 4 of us there. Go on..... have a dig, (I know it's coming!)

A pat on the back is always a recce for a knife from a copper.
Really? Stop being so defensive and you may get a pat from us for nothing. I'm all for praising people, but not if they're w*nkers.

Enjoy

Jealousy?

Not one bit. We all have to do different things in life. What's the point in being jealous?

Stay safe y'all

wg13_dummy
27th Jul 2006, 07:59
Cripes. I see youve been making the most of the night shift, Laar.

clicker
27th Jul 2006, 08:42
If either of the above ever happened, the chances of getting a copper (of any flavour, Civ or RAFP) to do ANYTHING about it are ZERO. Hell, you'd be bloody lucky if they bothered to turn up 3 days later to take your statement. 16B

16B,

Speaking as a civvie police controller, i.e. one that tells policemen were to go and gets away with it, I'm sorry your local force has not seen fit to prioritise its crime. The mob I work for requires burglaries to be attended with 2 hours of the call, a target that we generally make.

The problem comes down to government bean counters. While reported crime has increased in the 19 years I’ve done this job, the said bean counters have not increased the number of policemen by the same percentage, our total of police officers has only increased by about 500-700 in that time.

We no longer have speed management teams in every traffic area, although we have a camera team who do go out and about to locations more often made known in advance. If any plonker then wants to break the speed limit and get caught, fine by me for not planning in advance! http://www.sussexsafetycameras.gov.uk/mobile.htm for anyone interested :ok:

Due to other changes, more often or not, dictated to by government, where in 1987 I would be controlling 4 or 5 cars in a medium sized town in our area, I would now probably have 1 or 2 now.

This is not a fob off, but hope it explains some of the problems we have.

Cheers clicker

Skunkerama
27th Jul 2006, 09:19
Hi Mum.................

Lara crofts pants
27th Jul 2006, 09:25
Hi son, how was school today?

PompeySailor
27th Jul 2006, 09:28
16B,

Speaking as a civvie police controller, i.e. one that tells policemen were to go and gets away with it, I'm sorry your local force has not seen fit to prioritise its crime. The mob I work for requires burglaries to be attended with 2 hours of the call, a target that we generally make.

The problem comes down to government bean counters. While reported crime has increased in the 19 years I’ve done this job, the said bean counters have not increased the number of policemen by the same percentage, our total of police officers has only increased by about 500-700 in that time.

We no longer have speed management teams in every traffic area, although we have a camera team who do go out and about to locations more often made known in advance. If any plonker then wants to break the speed limit and get caught, fine by me for not planning in advance! http://www.sussexsafetycameras.gov.uk/mobile.htm for anyone interested :ok:

Due to other changes, more often or not, dictated to by government, where in 1987 I would be controlling 4 or 5 cars in a medium sized town in our area, I would now probably have 1 or 2 now.

This is not a fob off, but hope it explains some of the problems we have.

Cheers clicker

Thanks Clicker, nice and rational. Others would do well to copy.

I used to live in Sussex, and had a run-in with a Special (and he was truly special!). He tried to pull my wife over in his own personal car on the back roads of Billingshurst, driving like a fool. Eventually, and arming myself with a crooklock, we pulled over ready to do battle. At no point had he (or could he) identify himself as a policeman. Once I saw him in uniform, I asked him for his warrant card, which he didn't have. He claimed we were drunk (we weren't) and he wanted us to follow him to a police station! This was in the days when everyone was being told not to stop on unlit roads, etc. Er, if we were drunk, how could we have followed him? I asked him where his breathalyser was (he didn't have one), and told him that if I chose to cave his stupid head in, he could do nothing about it. He had no radio, no phone and no backup, and had not been near a police driving course. My wife phoned Sussex police and complained whilst he was trying (and failing) to assert his authority. The Duty Sgt asked to speak to him, he was told to apologise there and then, and we followed it up with letters. He was removed from special policing, we received a bunch of flowers, and the offer of compensation which we turned down. We were happy that this tool was off the road.

Then again, when my father-in-law was burgled they sent a special who was the nicest bloke you could ever hope to meet, and stayed with the task in hand for longer than expected, and even carried out a follow up with the local "bobby" security team.

Good and bad in all.

clicker
27th Jul 2006, 12:29
Good and bad in all.
PompeySailor,

A true comment for every walk of life including RAFP!

Maple 01
27th Jul 2006, 12:38
Yes, but the thread is about 'why nobody likes the RAFP' so less positive waves please.

PompeySailor
27th Jul 2006, 14:10
Yes, but the thread is about 'why nobody likes the RAFP' so less positive waves please.

Sorry. B@stards, all of 'em.

Better?

Skunkerama
27th Jul 2006, 14:22
Just when you thought it was dead.

Return of the embarrasing thread.

Maple 01
27th Jul 2006, 16:20
Not embarrasing for us, however, if I was a RAF copper.......:O :O :O

wg13_dummy
27th Jul 2006, 16:31
...............if I was a RAF copper.......

......I'd ensure my DNA was removed to prevent the puddle depth of genetics being transmitted to others in the future........

(Sounds like a title for a new thread ;) )

Pontius Navigator
27th Jul 2006, 17:04
I was just the driver, honest guv'. The cargo was a couple of Jerry Johns of Cyprus best being delivered to a mate on the Canberra sqn. Duty scuffers arrived to clear the jet and were told there were a couple of JJs of wine for a mate whose sqn was having a Christmas party.

OK, come down to the office and we'll check it out.

Worried AEO followed scuffers in wagon down to the office and the luckless matey was called to collect same. Once in the office scuffers call Maltese customs. At this point matey turned TT and decided he did not want the 'wine' after all.

Customs arrived and by now AEO after several months of Cyprus sun was as pale as the moon. Customs officer pulled the bung and took a deep sniff. We wondered if we could do a 4 min scramble back to Aphrodite. "Lovely wine in Cyprus, wonderful aroma" he said as he recorked the brandy flasks.

Great Malt. Scuffers? Pillocks. If they wanted to play 'on side' they could have simply impounded the stuff and returned it when we left. They could even have just impounded it. But no, they tried to set up the AEO for an international incident.

Love 'em? And this the same organisation that used to get loads of praise for the blue light taxi service. The moral? Trust a scuffer .................

Laarbruch72
27th Jul 2006, 17:35
I was just the driver, honest guv'. The cargo was a couple of Jerry Johns of Cyprus best being delivered to a mate on the Canberra sqn. Duty scuffers arrived to clear the jet and were told there were a couple of JJs of wine for a mate whose sqn was having a Christmas party.

OK, come down to the office and we'll check it out.

Worried AEO followed scuffers in wagon down to the office and the luckless matey was called to collect same. Once in the office scuffers call Maltese customs. At this point matey turned TT and decided he did not want the 'wine' after all.

Customs arrived and by now AEO after several months of Cyprus sun was as pale as the moon. Customs officer pulled the bung and took a deep sniff. We wondered if we could do a 4 min scramble back to Aphrodite. "Lovely wine in Cyprus, wonderful aroma" he said as he recorked the brandy flasks.

Great Malt. Scuffers? Pillocks. If they wanted to play 'on side' they could have simply impounded the stuff and returned it when we left. They could even have just impounded it. But no, they tried to set up the AEO for an international incident.

Love 'em? And this the same organisation that used to get loads of praise for the blue light taxi service. The moral? Trust a scuffer .................

Well done, another war story.
There's many more stories out there that put us in a more positive light, but then they don't make such good copy do they? Understandable then, but still childish.
I could also roll out many stories of my own about aircrew getting up to all sorts of stupidity. But then that only brings this already very sad thread down to new levels of lowness.

As many have said before on this thread, there's good and bad in all. No trade is f*ckwittless, even the flying gods. The difference I suppose is that our own bad apples colour everybody's view of all of us.

Lara crofts pants
27th Jul 2006, 17:57
Well done, another war story.
The difference I suppose is that our own bad apples colour everybody's view of all of us.

Well, thats because all the stories relating to RAFP involve a healthy dose of spite and downright nastiness - thats why old bean

Shjustme
27th Jul 2006, 22:50
I bet PC Nobby Clarke the star of BBC 1 Traffic Cops programme tonight valued his experience as an RAF Plod before moving on to join Cheshire Police, where he has a first class reputation as an expert in road policing. His time in Germany was a good grounding.
He was recently recognised for his professionalism with a highly prestigous award.
Another example of someone making good after RAFP 'plodding':D :D

http://www.cheshire.police.uk/showcontent.php?pageid=654

Maple 01
27th Jul 2006, 23:10
Take it to the RAF Coppers website (if they haven't deleted all their files again) this is about how the real forces feel about plastic piggies, not an episode of 'before they were famous'. Haven’t you got some combinations to check?

(not expecting to hear anything for a while as it's time for the Sy plod)

Bing
27th Jul 2006, 23:26
Another example of someone making good after RAFP 'plodding'

So no examples of someone making good while they're RAFP 'plodding' then.

wg13_dummy
27th Jul 2006, 23:40
So no examples of someone making good while they're RAFP 'plodding' then.

Its an impossible quandary. Its a contradiction that would baffle the likes of Steven Hawkins.

Making good as an RAF plod is to leave it, isn't it?

I know Air Dogs can but the lead holding element cannot.

stillagoodguy
28th Jul 2006, 12:11
LAC/Acting-Cpl/ Unpaid - RAFP with 11 years NCO experience before becoming a Flying Officer **** ******* retired as Group Captain, (Provost Branch) about 3 years ago...... Must have done rather well at plodding.

Numerous Wg Cdrs and Sqn Ldrs also ex LACs, with and without dogs.

Anything is possible.

wg13_dummy
28th Jul 2006, 12:26
LAC/Acting-Cpl/ Unpaid - RAFP with 11 years NCO experience before becoming a Flying Officer **** ******* retired as Group Captain, (Provost Branch) about 3 years ago...... Must have done rather well at plodding.

Anything is possible.

They must have got thier quota of stolen bic pens big style then?

RAFP aint exactly proper policing is it?

Always_broken_in_wilts
28th Jul 2006, 13:01
stillborn:rolleyes:

"LAC/Acting-Cpl/ Unpaid - RAFP with 11 years NCO experience before becoming a Flying Officer **** ******* retired as Group Captain, (Provost Branch) about 3 years ago...... Must have done rather well at plodding.

Anything is possible."

All those you mention are still RAFP ergo they are STIL all tossers:D

The thread is not entitled look how many of plod do good in civvy street, most of us could cite numerous cases of mates from all trades who have made good whilst in civilian life:ugh: :ugh:

The thread is all about why the rest of the military think RAFP are a bunch of strokers, so get with the plot:p

Must admit I nearly pi@@ed myself when I saw the mad WOPIG state that the RAF couldnt all be bad as a bunch of movers had told him so............movers and RAFP........not much differance really:p

all spelling mistakes are "df" alcohol induced

Mrmungus
28th Jul 2006, 15:05
Greetings.
I have read this thread with interest.
Having done 23 years I have to question all these tales about RAFP doing the barrier. All lies.
Apart from one year at Northolt where the RAFP did the gate (Not counting the W H gate) it has been the every other ground trade that had to enjoy the delights of gate guard at every station I was at.

Plod just don’t have the porcine power to cope.:(

They were busy getting me and extra week of keys when they sprung the dodgy window in stores.

Ba:mad: ds

MM

Pontius Navigator
28th Jul 2006, 18:47
SSShhh, don't spoil a good tail.

Now we are talking 1983? At ISL they still had RAFP on the gate. During a QRA we used to arrive at the gate with a queue of traffic waiting at the IN. Headlights on, pedal to the floor, in the OUT, down the one-way street wrong way, not less than 40 on the peritrack and usually airborne before the blue light taxi arrived.

Actually they were not all bad there as I don't know of anyone who was ever stopped after they had 'crashed' the camp gate responding to an alert. But having a regular RAFP on the gate at least meant that they knew what was going on.

16 blades
28th Jul 2006, 23:25
Clicker,

Thanks for the info (couple of pages back) - a reasoned and informative response. Of course I understand that the police have increasing commitments with limited resources (who doesn't under this Govt?).

The fact still remains, however, that Chief Constables are given a rather frightenening degree of freedom to decide on policing priorities in their Force's patch, and an awful lot of them are getting it so, so wrong. Even those Force's who 'aim' to attend a reported burglary in "90 mins". Bottom line is, the fastest way to get a copper to you nowadays is to walk out onto the street and shout "Nigger!", "Paki!", or "Faggot!" at somebody - you will have somebody from the local "Hate Crimes" unit on your ass faster than greased weasel sh*t. And if you're quick enough, you can get in first and report your burglary / assault / vandalism before they subject you to a 4 hour lecture with menaces.

Add to that the fact that, unlike most countries, the great British Bobby still has an extraordinary amount of discretion to play with when deciding how to deal with an offence, and you can see how it's not all down to the Gov - not even close.

Hey Laarbruch - almost forgot you!
1: I hung around in Bahrain getting pissed on the taxpayers money, making the occasional twice fortnightly soiree into (safe as houses if not off camp) Kabul to get my medal, whilst moaning about the danger at 30,000 feet. (See Basrah)
2. I shat it at a UK base moaning about doing CCS.
3: I spent a month in Basrah (safe as houses if not off camp also) moaning about the mess facilities, and the danger of the ground to air threat just to get my medal. (Even though there are no credible enemy air forces or ground threat operating in any current theatre!)
Be VERY, VERY careful here my friend. I'm quite surprised you were allowed to get away with that comment.

Try telling the guys currently on det in Kandahar or Basrah about the "no credible enemy air forces or ground threat operating in any current theatre". You are obviously WELL out of the loop on current ops. Best not to comment on things you know nothing about, old boy.

16B

Tombstone
29th Jul 2006, 11:55
1: I hung around in Bahrain getting pissed on the taxpayers money, making the occasional twice fortnightly soiree into (safe as houses if not off camp) Kabul to get my medal, whilst moaning about the danger at 30,000 feet. (See Basrah)
2. I shat it at a UK base moaning about doing CCS.
3: I spent a month in Basrah (safe as houses if not off camp also) moaning about the mess facilities, and the danger of the ground to air threat just to get my medal. (Even though there are no credible enemy air forces or ground threat operating in any current theatre!)

Brave men, to a man. I salute you all!

XV179...

You know nothing Laarbruch, stop being a tosser & shut it.

Always_broken_in_wilts
29th Jul 2006, 13:03
"XV179...

You know nothing Laarbruch, stop being a tosser & shut it."

That's why he/she is an RAFP, the thick moronic to@@er knows **** all and happily proves it with his/her PIG IGNORANT posts on here:}

Laarparts,

Either man up and apologise or **** off and stop posting:rolleyes:

navibrator
29th Jul 2006, 17:50
A very interesting thread with some really good bits and some emotional bits. Yes - we all have a job to do and some stick to the "rules" more than most. But that is not the problem. What we should all do is use common sense. Being aircrew, I no more wish to see aircrew "get away with it" more than anyone else. But there is a balance and that is what this thread raises.

In the mid 90's at Leeming, we had a Sqn bash at the Sqn. A certain man decided to cycle back and was stopped by the RAFP and told to push his bike home. Now in the old days, they would have said "Jump in, we will take you home".

No - the RAFP drove on and after some yards, my colleague jumped back on his bike only to be stopped again. Did the RAFP help? Oh yes - they followed him home at 2 mph or so to make sure he didn't get back on his bike.

Now you can take puritanical stance or the realistic stance. Are we a team or are we all individuals working in the same business. Clearly, some issues demand strong decision making; but then there are the issues that don't.

Having a relative in the civvy police, I know that they are more than wlecome to turn a blind eye to some misgivings. Unfortunately, some, in the RAFP aren't. And that is the issue.
I leave that for you to discuss.

Shjustme
29th Jul 2006, 18:23
Not wholely dissimilar to XV179......

Back in the dark days of NI when IRA scum were killing everyone who blinked, they decided to shoot an RAFP plod and his RMP colleage in the back, whilst the latter were engaged in routine uniformed unarmed foot patrol of a certain high street.. Both very seriously injured but fortuneately survived, but careers and lifestyle ruined........

At the time there more than a few remarks of an ''unpleasant nature'' spoken in crew rooms and messes in the RAF...........

All quite unnecessary:( :*

Not so many years ago a 'gunman' drove passed an RAF base in Germany firing his pistol at the RAFP plod on the gate. Driver stopped just passed the gate, and was rather astonished to find the plod running like hell towards him, and grabbing the pistol out of his hand. It was only later discovered that the pistol was of the 'starter' type and the 'gunman' was a rather mentally disturbed German... Very young 'Plod' was awarded immediate Commendation.

And a little earlier in a different part of the world, a RAFP plod picked up a primed grenade from the back of the landrover he was travelling in and threw it back at the terrorist who momentarily ago had thrown it into the vehicle. Baaannnngggggggg, but they all escaped with their lives, and 'Bill' S was awarded BEM for bravery. Sadly he passed away relatively recently.

There's many a true story of RAFP plods getting into harm's way, in the line of duty, proving it's not totally the preserve of those at the self-styled 'pointy' end of the service.

unclenelli
30th Jul 2006, 00:31
After returning from a det, I found my car still parked in the works carpark, but with 2 large scrapes on the side - red scrape across the front passenger door handle, white scrape across front passenger door leading to large dent in door

I deduced that 2 cars had hit my vehicle while I was away

On return, I notified the local Barrier Pilots, who said "they'd get back to me"

Since the car park I was parked in was a works car parks (e.i. used by people who work there), I deduced that the cars responsible would be parked in the car park(!!!!- not to hard is it?)

Since my car is a Citroen (and was left with the hydraulics de-pressurised), I could measure the height of the dents to the millimetre.
After a wander around the carpark with a tape measure, I found a white Pug306 with a corresponding mark (same height from floor - to the millimetre!!) in the drivers door

When I phoned the Barrier Pilots, they told me they had closed the case as they had no further information/evidence to act on(?)
I told them that I had found the car responsible (albeit circumspect), and that I they should question the owner. They said that they would look into it.

Female TCO Cpl Te***er at Waddington driving a white Peugeot 306 parked in the new 5Sqn Ops Carpark between 5Hgr and Ops knows I know!!!!

RAFP did b****r all to solve the problem of criminal damage (£300) to my car!
My investigation revealed the culprit!

DON T
30th Jul 2006, 09:53
I remember sitting in the 180 club on Gan in 1973 when a dog handler placed his dog in the nearby kennel while he had a cup of rosie lee. unfortunately he didn't make sure the lock was locked on the kennel. The dog got out and had all us drunkards standing to attention on the tables in the Naafi.:D :D :D

Oh happy times.

Laarbruch72
31st Jul 2006, 19:15
Hey Laarbruch - almost forgot you!

Be VERY, VERY careful here my friend. I'm quite surprised you were allowed to get away with that comment.

Try telling the guys currently on det in Kandahar or Basrah about the "no credible enemy air forces or ground threat operating in any current theatre". You are obviously WELL out of the loop on current ops. Best not to comment on things you know nothing about, old boy.

16B[/quote]

Thanks old boy, but I'm not commenting on things I know not of.... ( I wouldn't be so naive!) I've served in both places very recently. So NOT out of the loop I'm afraid. So which creditable air threat are we talking about? The Al Quaeda Air Force?
Granted, SMALL ground to air threat when on finals for said airfields. But that's what FP is for, and they all do a good job at it (The rocks at Basra, Belgian FP at Kabul, Spams at Kandahar).
Stop cacking it and moaning that you're the only ones facing a threat. Go and grab your gun and go and provide some top cover for a drive into Basra North, Kabul City or Kandahar, you might start to appreciate that it's not just the flying gods who earn their beer.

And by the way... I've had 3 pm's after the last posting ding dong that I had. They were all civilians (2 pilots one not) who couldn't believe the arrogance of some of the aircrew posters here, and were backing me up. So (certain) aircrew guys, (Always whingeing in wilts, wgnobrain dummy and the like), have a long look at yourselves and see the damage this thread is bringing you. But by all means carry on if need be, I always love to see an own goal!
Better still, have some professionalism and stop posting utter rubbish on this already tired and sad thread.

Mind how you go,

Laar.

Always_broken_in_wilts
31st Jul 2006, 19:33
If you have had three posts from people in support of the RAFP I'll slam my knob in my car door :ugh: :ugh: , clearly the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard:rolleyes:

Small surface to air threat in Afghan, dont you just love the ill informed when they post in this manner. You obviously have no access to the tactics manuals employed by those who fly in theatre, cos if you did you would see how silly your last post looks.................so was that last button push barrier up or was it barrier down, stick to what you know scuffer:p

ident80enter
31st Jul 2006, 20:12
Well, after 22 years I have just had the need to go to the RAF police for something decent. My daughter has been plagued by phone harrassment over the last few weeks which culmibated in a 'twit' leaving a death threat to me and mine on my phone message system over the weekend. Silly lad left his name and phone number too! Promptly phoned the RAF police (3am) having spent 20 minutes trying to get the right number from the MOD Operator. Police (RAF) arrived very very promptly and secured the house and area etc. They contacted the local plods who also responded. That night they kept up a regular patrol whic reassured Mrs Ident and the little idents. Today had 2 follow up visits by RAF and Local Police and the lad in question is now in very deep and hot water.

So I have to say this has been a positive experience of dealing with the RAF Police and I'll think twice before doing them down again.

16 blades
31st Jul 2006, 20:26
Granted, SMALL ground to air threat when on finals for said airfields. But that's what FP is for, and they all do a good job at it (The rocks at Basra, Belgian FP at Kabul, Spams at Kandahar).

You utter, utter f**kwit. I can assure you, without any shadow of a doubt, that you know absolutely cock-all about current threats to aircraft in theatre.

So shut the f**k up and wind your neck in, rozzer.

Seriously.

16B

Maple 01
31st Jul 2006, 20:30
Small surface to air threat in Afghan,

Bolox! Drop by you're friendly Int Cell and they might let you read the threat assessment - if you've got the clearance, otherwise I'd STFU if I were you, but perhaps you like looking like a knob and proving the main thrust of this thread?

Edited to add - bugger, beaten by 16B

I used to do the IRT brief for Afghanistan at a recently closed big cat base - don't remember any RAFP turning up for the air threat part

So where did you get your specialist knowledge? It sure as hell wasn't the in theatre int guys

Laarbruch72
31st Jul 2006, 21:04
If you have had three posts from people in support of the RAFP I'll slam my knob in my car door :ugh: :ugh: , clearly the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard:rolleyes:

Small surface to air threat in Afghan, dont you just love the ill informed when they post in this manner. You obviously have no access to the tactics manuals employed by those who fly in theatre, cos if you did you would see how silly your last post looks.................so was that last button push barrier up or was it barrier down, stick to what you know scuffer:p

Slam your wanger in the old car door then Whinger in wilts. It happened.
I have access to the whole threat picture in theatre thanks. We don't all operate barriers (Although granted I used to many years ago!) Some of us are involved in threat advice, and YOU my friend are talking ****. Although you know that already.

This thread started with "Why EVERYONE hates the RAF Police." Isn't it sad that only 5 or 6 of you can keep on going about this trade? (By that I maean 16 sad blades, wp wankerAAC dummy and always whingeing in wilts, your good self.)

Everyone else seems to have a neutral (or even pro police) view.
So why are you so bitter? Had a WARNING for excess speed or something similarly overlookable???
You sad case.

Laar.

Laarbruch72
31st Jul 2006, 21:06
I used to do the IRT brief for Afghanistan at a recently closed big cat base - don't remember any RAFP turning up for the air threat part

Good on you!!:ok:

So where did you get your specialist knowledge? It sure as hell wasn't the in theatre int guys[/quote]

I've been there. And in daily contact wit the AWC. You?
Bestest regardes!
Laar.

16 blades
31st Jul 2006, 21:12
Laarpr*ck,

With your last two responses stretching the boundaries of even a rozzer's credibilty, I am forced to conclude that you are simply a troll.

That, and a total cheese piece. You've already been told once...

NOW SHUT THE F**K UP

16B

Maple 01
31st Jul 2006, 21:14
AWC? hahahahahahahahaha!

So that's why you know bugger-all ;)

However, unless the AWC have changed the brief drasticly in the past few months I'd check again if I were you

Try theatre J2 as a starting point, but STONEGHOST will point you in the right direction I'm sure, or RAFCCIS if they don't trust you that much

Laarbruch72
31st Jul 2006, 21:19
Laarpr*ck,

With your last two responses stretching the boundaries of even a rozzer's credibilty, I am forced to conclude that you are simply a troll.

That, and a total cheese piece. You've already been told once...

NOW SHUT THE F**K UP

16B

Congratulations 16B. A well thought out, reasonable reply.

Keep replying 16B, you are doing your trade a really good deed!
"Aircrew aren't really stupid are they Granddad?" "See Pprune military forums my son!"

Oh and by the way, well done on selecting a great name for me!! Laar Pr*ck was fantastic!!! Good thinking that man..... Keep it up!!

Laarbruch72
31st Jul 2006, 21:21
AWC? hahahahahahahahaha!

So that's why you know bugger-all ;)

However, unless the AWC have changed the brief drasticly in the past few months I'd check again if I were you

Try theatre J2 as a starting point, but STONEGHOST will point you in the right direction I'm sure, or RAFCCIS if they don't trust you that much

Whatever Maple.

I know more than you and that hurts you. Because I've served there.

Sad fact. But true.

Whinge ahead. But read this first.....: NOT INTERESTED!

Maple 01
31st Jul 2006, 21:24
Yep, RAFP know more than Int - I suppose we may as well go home now - who'd the aircrew trust? You don't care so much you keep posting :=

So, no STONEGHOST access then?

Now a 'J' Bloke!!
31st Jul 2006, 21:28
Had a WARNING for excess speed or something similarly overlookable???

Laar.

You been jumping out from behind lamp-posts recently then???:D

More LAter;
'J' Bloke!!:cool:

Laarbruch72
31st Jul 2006, 21:37
You been jumping out from behind lamp-posts recently then???:D

More LAter;

No...... Of course not! Not done that in many years! I'm a specialist these days.

However: Are we debating that no-one should enforce speed on RAF Bases? I think that's your point maybe "J Bloke"!

And so: If our guys didn't, who would? And If nobody did, what would happen?
Sorry all, I know we are an evil. But a NECESSARY evil.

Mind how you go.

Laar.

Laarbruch72
31st Jul 2006, 21:41
[quote=

So, no STONEGHOST access then?[/quote]

Yep, I've got that thanks. But it still doesn't take the place of theatre experience.

You don't have that?

Oh shame on you! It's much more reliable!

Oh how I laugh at your type!!!!

Bedwetter.

ZH875
31st Jul 2006, 21:43
And they wonder why NOBODY (Except themselves) loves RAFP!!

Now a 'J' Bloke!!
31st Jul 2006, 21:44
Laar;

First you trivialise speeding saying it is 'overlookable'.
Then you say it needs enforcing???

Your words, not mine!!!

Why don't you and your schizo..ego just Bu**er Off!!!

Mind how YOU go!!!

More LAter;

Not too many RTAs on our place in the last 15 years!!!

An Teallach
31st Jul 2006, 21:47
Has anyone else noticed the distict lowering of the tone of PPRuNe on this thread and the MQs for homosexuals thread?

Likewise the curious 'double-tap' posting habits of Monty77 and Laarbruch72? Are they by any chance related? I think we should be told.

Yours truly,

Ena B. Maxwell

Tombstone
31st Jul 2006, 21:48
Laarbruch 72,

Listen my dear old boy. You RAFP chaps do not NEED TO KNOW about air threats & as a result, you will not be told. Granted, you may receive a generic brief however, the real story is a million miles from you.

I doubt very much whether the guys in AWC will tell you anything sensitive. If they do, be a good scuffer and arrest them under the official secrets act.

16 Blades, J-Bloke & many other chaps on here, including myself, DO NEED TO KNOW & as a result, we all know a great deal more than you on this subject so know your limits & shut up.

You're always going to get a strong reply from the C130 community & quite rightly too. They lost friends to the air threat you so readily dismiss.

Stop making yourself look like a complete kn*bber before you fall into the same bucket of cr*p Two Boats disappeared into last week. :=

ZH875
31st Jul 2006, 21:49
..Monty77 and Laarbruch72? Are they by any chance related? I think we should be told.I think they are Sisters.

I hope they don't wear tights...:)

Maple 01
31st Jul 2006, 21:55
Just remembered another little gem of RAFP intelligence, Maple, formally bachelor of this parish was off to get married. His beautiful bride was a Dubliner and they were due to tie the knot in that fair city.

Maple, being a responsible chap had spoken to the DV man and had cleared his trip through the Mil attaché. All looked rosy. Then came a call from plod

“You’re going to Ireland, why haven’t you been in for the Aldergrove brief?”

“Because I’m not going to Belfast, I’m flying into Dublin”

“But that’s in the Republic!”

Stunned by el puerco’s grasp of geography I admitted that yes, Dublin was in the ROI to the best of my knowledge.

“Well you’ve still got to have the Aldergrove brief”

So with much swearing and a lack of good grace I commence the 36 mile trip to receive the said brief. Utterly pointless as expected, no relevance to my case and presumably aimed at a squaddie target audience with a mental age of about 6. Bear in mind that Belfast is a long way from Dublin with a totally different security problem and in another country

The RAF police also gave me a little ‘welcome to Aldergrove’ booklet too :rolleyes:

And why? Because rules are rules………:ugh: :ugh:

So why not make those going to Berlin sit through the Amsterdam brief? It’s about as relevant.

Still, at least one of the duty coppers had the good grace to say the whole bloody thing was a farce as he’d just finished a tour in Bishops Court and it was all out of date anyway

ZH875
31st Jul 2006, 22:02
Or OC RAFP at Sleepy-On-Ouse in 1984, insisted that he briefs me on (sad to say) CB Radio, and did I know just how far it could transmit etc etc, when I said I had a good idea how far, he asked me, rather sarcastically, what I knew about Radio's.

When I told him (and it was all on my application form in his sticky little mitts) that I was L Eng Tech AC/AR by trade (That's someone who fixes aircraft radios (including proper HF one's) for a living, he mumbled something inaudible and told me to go.

I suppose the reading machine was out for a walk that afternoon.:)

How do you get the barrier to go up....

Laarbruch72
31st Jul 2006, 22:06
Laarbruch 72,

Listen my dear old boy. You RAFP chaps do not NEED TO KNOW about air threats & as a result, you will not be told. Granted, you may receive a generic brief however, the real story is a million miles from you.

I doubt very much whether the guys in AWC will tell you anything sensitive. If they do, be a good scuffer and arrest them under the official secrets act.

16 Blades, J-Bloke & many other chaps on here, including myself, DO NEED TO KNOW & as a result, we all know a great deal more than you on this subject so know your limits & shut up.

You're always going to get a strong reply from the C130 community & quite rightly too. They lost friends to the air threat you so readily dismiss.

Stop making yourself look like a complete kn*bber before you fall into the same bucket of cr*p Two Boats disappeared into last week. :=

I don't need to know? Funny, I advise many Sqn Captains of the same threat levels, so go carefully!

You all know a great deal more on the subject? I doubt it very much. This is Aircrew arrogance at it's best! (I'm really enjoying this!!) So think about this one fellas, I've received one more PM tonight that says that you're all the most arrogant SOBs that ever lived! Give yourself a big pat on the back guys, for those who are pulling the branch down even further!:D

Well done!!

From a "Duh Haww" THICK copper!!

Maple 01
31st Jul 2006, 22:14
Help! I'm getting hate mail from the pigs! Cease and desist pork-boy, I retired 6 months ago and somehow still manage to know more about the SAM threat in the ‘Stan

Seems that Laar knows better than the poor sods that have to fly through the improvised MEZs, SAM traps and wandering AAA. Not forgetting the Int suckers that try and keep abreast of developments - all this fuss about the withdrawal of the PR9s when we could have deployed one RAFP - send them all there I say!

Laarbruch72
31st Jul 2006, 22:14
Or OC RAFP at Sleepy-On-Ouse in 1984, insisted that he briefs me on (sad to say) CB Radio, and did I know just how far it could transmit etc etc, when I said I had a good idea how far, he asked me, rather sarcastically, what I knew about Radio's.

When I told him (and it was all on my application form in his sticky little mitts) that I was L Eng Tech AC/AR by trade (That's someone who fixes aircraft radios (including proper HF one's) for a living, he mumbled something inaudible and told me to go.

I suppose the reading machine was out for a walk that afternoon.:)

How do you get the barrier to go up....

1984????? Are you really THAT SAD that you have to include a war story from THAT far back??
And a **** one at that?

Can you do no better?

I once repaired a radio. Big deal. It's not funny therefore I do not include it here. Take note ZH875.

By the way, barrier up, barrier down. NOT COMPATIBLE any more: MPGS took over duties a year ago. For God's sake get with the programme.

******* dilbert.

Laarbruch72
31st Jul 2006, 22:17
Help! I'm getting hate mail from the pigs! Cease and desist pork-boy, I retired 6 months ago and somehow still manage to know more about the SAM threat in the ‘Stan

Seems that Laar knows better than the poor sods that have to fly through the improvised MEZs, SAM traps and wandering AAA. Not forgetting the Int suckers that try and keep abreast of developments - all this fuss about the withdrawal of the PR9s when we could have deployed one RAFP - send them all there I say!

All bull****! Ah, retired... That explains a lot! Yes I know more than those "poor sods" that have to fly through all that!!! You making it up you ******* muppet? You must be, as I'm ******* pissing myself here!

You self important wannabe. Well done!:D

ZH875
31st Jul 2006, 22:19
Reply Deleted, because I can't be bothered to trade childish insults with a scuffer.

An Teallach
31st Jul 2006, 22:24
Maple, this is naughty!

You're a very, very naughty boy. I hope you are not taking this stuff into work and showing real coppers what waltish nonsense you had to put up with in your former life! ;)

Edited to add - Have some Islay malt, ZH875 - I've just acquired just the the right amount of childishness!

ZH875
31st Jul 2006, 22:28
Thanks AT, make mine a double!.

Maple 01
31st Jul 2006, 22:29
Naaah, I'm just going to quietly fold my tent and slip away, secure in the knowledge that we sleep easily in our beds because rough men like Laar stand ever vigilant, all seeing, all knowing etc

Mind-you, I might let the dog out first

sorry if my appreciation for the growbags upset you Laar, when you leave you get a bigger picture and realise that for all their faults........

Oh, did I say all RAFP are choppers?

Laarbruch72
31st Jul 2006, 22:37
Oh, did I say all RAFP are choppers?[/quote]

Oh yeah you did. Well done that man for threading together enough keys to make that legible! :D

That's just the type of posting that proves my point!

Respect to all proper aircrew! (NOT proper aircrew: (not enough intelligence) 16 Blades, always whingeing, wgalways a dummy, maple (not even bright enough to be a copper!)

Respect to Pontius for making valid points.:D

Mind how you go.....

Laar

An Teallach
31st Jul 2006, 22:43
I think you're right gents. There isn't enough malt in Islay, Orkney and Speyside put together to make this worth engaging!

Nighty night, chaps.

Laarbruch72
31st Jul 2006, 22:43
Reply Deleted, because I can't be bothered to trade childish insults with a scuffer.

Absolutely CRACKING reply!!
I'm acheing here!
That post really belies your intellect! (Or does it?)
While I continue to trade (mainly intelligent) replies with your contemporaries, stay safe in the knowledge that you weren't clever enough.

Good on yer!

Thick f*ck. :D

wg13_dummy
31st Jul 2006, 23:26
Oh yeah you did. Well done that man for threading together enough keys to make that legible! :D

That's just the type of posting that proves my point!

Respect to all proper aircrew! (NOT proper aircrew: (not enough intelligence) 16 Blades, always whingeing, wgalways a dummy, maple (not even bright enough to be a copper!)

Respect to Pontius for making valid points.:D

Mind how you go.....

Laar

Define 'NOT proper aircrew'?

Is it like 'NOT proper coppers'?

I can do your job, can you do mine? :8

Laarbruch72
31st Jul 2006, 23:45
Define 'NOT proper aircrew'?

Is it like 'NOT proper coppers'?

I can do your job, can you do mine? :8

Go on then. Give us your glider, I'll have a crack!
(We can all generalise, and no, you couldn't do my job, I guarantee it.)

Seriously, this thread was all about why NOBODY likes RAF Police.
The only negative replies have been from no more than 10 people.

Draw your own conclusions, but mine is that this thread has been populated by 7 or 8 very BITTER little people. Well done those people. You've done so well for yourselves, and at the end of the day....

Your opinion does not matter. I still get paid. :ok:

Mind how you go.

Laar.

Skeleton
1st Aug 2006, 00:23
Not bitter.. very grown up.

Would I trust a RAF policeman after 24 years in the RAF? .. Nope

Did i meet a RAF policeman i trusted? .. yep

By way of trying to expalin the above, I as a SNCO met a fellow SNCO who happened to be a policeman who was a bloody good bloke, and was a Flt Sgt. He arrived at the home of the leaping heap, and boy did he try, and i will back him up on that, but however hard he tried as he said......

"Not gonna make any difference, I went through the same, you cant give someone acting rank at 17 and expect his peers, who got more qualifications, to bow down"

I am not suggesting for one minute that RAF Policeman should earn as much as the man who did better at school, but having known this guy - cut them some slack, they know they got problems. Maybe the trade should die.

As he said we were fine doing what we did for years and that was building checks and barrier up.. barrier down. Then some idiot obviously reviewed the trade and said ok they can check car tax and we will buy a speeding camera for each camp.

Hand a 17 year old a speeding camera...... and you know what cars he will aim for, he is after all 17!!

No doubt I will now be told he has to be 18 to handle said camera.

In the end i do feel sorry for the RAFP, and I am being serious. Once the days had gone of the Trade Assistant General (They all moved on to become Harrier Pilots) the Police were shunted into Guardrooms, they hated it, wanted nothing to do with it, and one trade review later were given things such as speed cameras to make them a proper trade. Once you did that, but did nothing about the 17 year old being boss the rest of the RAF gave up IMHO.

Oh and the other fecking thing they did which was unforgivable was to say they could not do guard. Certainly on the camps I was on for 24 years they refused point blank. Like the Firemen you win no freinds for that policy. There are a lot of other sections that work shift as well. I am not interested in manning or how good you look in your sunglasses, you lot knew what you were doing and milked it.

As I said... not bitter.. far from it. It was the kind of trade you in the main ignored - because thats all they were worth. Trouble is the times you did have contact with them, they wanted to play at being Inspector Morse. As i said to the zit kid who told me to raise the barrier one mornig at deadloss- "i will raise it - when i am satisfied who is coming in" Yup he did buy it - for the morning rush, in the hour they did dain to appear, I was not allowed to touch the barrier for the rest of the week. I got to check the IDs instead.. doh!! Funnily enough it took OC Police to tell me this turn of events.

Result... and yes i did laugh every moring as he tried to put the barrier down every morning between cars during rush hour.

The SWO even congratulated me on my skill!

I had forgotten how evil i was in my youth :)

JimNich and KeithL will reply if I am wrong :0

Rant over

Shjustme
1st Aug 2006, 06:04
Years ago at a base in Germany, the Commanding Officer himself said that he wanted something done about speeding motorists going along 'his roads' ... So plods were sent out for days and weeks, stopped 'speeding motorists' and advised them of their short comings, but same names were soon identified as repeat offenders, nobody took any notice of the advice / warnings given.. CO got mad and ordered something else be done to stop the offenders. Therefore 'speed measuring machines' were borrowed from the Army RMP for a couple of weeks.. Evidence was thus obtained against offenders, charges made, fines handed down at subordinate commanders hearings, and the commissioned 'lot' were awarded 'monetary penal deductions'...

Road safety improved... The Commanding Officer was dead chuffed.... Plods had done their job as directed, but took a lot of flak from all and sundry..

No win situation..

If the airforce hired people who were capable of self disipline there would be no problems.

PompeySailor
1st Aug 2006, 07:32
Years ago at a base in Germany, the Commanding Officer himself said that he wanted something done about speeding motorists going along 'his roads' ... So plods were sent out for days and weeks, stopped 'speeding motorists' and advised them of their short comings, but same names were soon identified as repeat offenders, nobody took any notice of the advice / warnings given.. CO got mad and ordered something else be done to stop the offenders. Therefore 'speed measuring machines' were borrowed from the Army RMP for a couple of weeks.. Evidence was thus obtained against offenders, charges made, fines handed down at subordinate commanders hearings, and the commissioned 'lot' were awarded 'monetary penal deductions'...

Road safety improved... The Commanding Officer was dead chuffed.... Plods had done their job as directed, but took a lot of flak from all and sundry..

No win situation..

If the airforce hired people who were capable of self disipline there would be no problems.

OK, dropping lower than RAFP, there was a renowned member of the MPGS at Sultan in Gosport who used to single out people for car searches (normally female, for some reason), and was eventually dismissed because he kept pulling people over for speeding despite having no gun. He claimed that he "had been trained to estimate speed of vehicles!" I did ask him once if that was to help him whilst he was trying to bite their rear tyres, and he tried to take my car pass off me. Did you know that you can't take a car pass off a staff car? He didn't! Total tool.

We have the same problem in Portsmouth Dockyard at the moment with an overzealous Mod Plodder who keeps trying to impound staff cars. I foresee a short, unspectacular career......

Pontius Navigator
1st Aug 2006, 07:35
'cause it is getting boring me old fruit.

Always_broken_in_wilts
1st Aug 2006, 19:57
Hey Inspector Morse:ugh: :ugh:

"Seriously, this thread was all about why NOBODY likes RAF Police.
The only negative replies have been from no more than 10 people."

I'm no rocket scientist but I counted way more than 10 on the first two pages you silly little man:p :p

"Your opinion does not matter. I still get paid." .................Maybe but not that much eh:E

Also like to add that if you have ever had a full and informed brief from the AWC I will not only slam my bits in the car door, I will also cut them off with a desert spoon, feed them to next doors cat and video the whole event to post on here:ugh: :ugh:

Now a 'J' Bloke!!
1st Aug 2006, 20:00
Hi ABIW....

desert spoon....:}

Is that for eating pudding in Basra???:ok:

More LAter;

PS Yes I wouldn't know...would I???:cool:

Comp Charlie
1st Aug 2006, 20:20
Hello all,

I haven't posted in this topic yet, but would like to add that I too don't like RAF Scuffers.

So that makes about 11 of us now, right? :p

CC

Always_broken_in_wilts
1st Aug 2006, 20:34
J Bloke,

Started the TAC course yesterday so no Basrah for me this side of Xmas.:ok:

Off to the other place come October though which I am really looking forward to as an informed "sauce" on here states there is no air threat so flying should be nice and safe:rolleyes:

Please please please do Smoke and Fumes for a certain personal admin nightmare tomorrow!!

Fox2long
1st Aug 2006, 20:35
I'm with Comp on this one, bloody scuffers!!
Heard about the scuffer on a Scottish camp who set off with his new gun. First person he pulls is one of the Gnd Radio SNCOs.

Scuffer: "You know how fast you were going?"
SNCO: " No do you?"
Scuffer: "Well Sarge my new radar gun here tells me you were doing 15mph above the airfield limit"
SNCO:"New Radar gun eh? Had that checked out for interference on Navaids around the airfield Cpl?
Scuffer:"No Sarge just got it"
SNCO:"Good hand it over then I'll get it done for you"
Scuffer:" Oh thanks"

SNCO then put gun in bottom drawer for a few weeks until OC Plod begged for it back!!!:D

Jopsy
1st Aug 2006, 20:38
Why I personally do not like the RAFP !! ( even after 6 years a civvy)

At ISK many moons ago a colleague and myself were making our way back to the block after a few pints in the Naafi, the adjoining block were having a party and just as we passed said block we heard a bit of an increase in volume and went back to have a look. A female had jumped out of one of the upper block windows and was in obvious pain (the amount of alcohol she was obviously swimming in wasnt helping much) , the lads present were paraletic so I went for the Medics while my mate did what he could first aid wise. Called the Medics and they turned up and sorted out the casualty (one leg broken, one leg fractured), Scuffers turned up and chatted for a bit with the Medics and took our names as I had called the Ambulance.

Went back to the block and went to bed, called out two hours or so later and dragged down to the Cop Shop for an Interview. Turns out the girl was only 17 and her father was aircrew of the officer fraternity. The coppers were out for someone to blame. Now my mate and myself had had a few pints and were merry but still fairly compus mentus so we answered all their questions but were frequently told we knew more than we were letting on. Went to work the next day and informed the Boss what had happened, mid afternoon called down again and re- interviewed.

Two days later we were both told that we were to be charged with False Entry / Official document !!, why ??, because there were slight differences to our interviews !! My (Aircrew) boss went nuts and pointed out that was not surprising as we had been drinking the night of the incident we should not have been interviewed at that time..

Next thing we heard was that my boss had contacted the girls father, they both went down to the Police flight and asked why they were trying to get us charged when we were the ones that helped while the lad who had got her drunk just stood and watched. It was suggested that maybe they would be better off questioning the lads who supplied her the alcohol as that was an actual offence. I was told that the actual conversation was one way and frightening to behold by a GD who considered himself lucky to be present at the time.

Charges were dropped shortly after and myself and my oppo got a thank you from grateful father, a reassurance the witch hunt did not come from him and an overseas jolly the next time his crew went on det.

Top Bloke .. :ok:

The copper who went all out to get us done later served time for robbery in civvy street !!, (anyone at ISK in the late Eighties may remember him as he was a total throbber)

His Last name was the organ in your chest that beats ...

Now a 'J' Bloke!!
1st Aug 2006, 20:56
Hi there ABIW...
Or is it now going to be Always Broken Near Keevil??? Eh? Eh?:p

Anyway...I had heard that same Oxygen Burglar state that the Rocky place was safer than driving down the main drag at an unsafe speed towards the terrifying barrier!!!:mad:

Anyway, your O2 thief will be sorted !!:ok:

More LAter;

Comp Charlie
1st Aug 2006, 21:05
Years ago I had a party in my room at an unnamed VIP Station in West London.

I invited several girlies along, a smattering of blokes (not enough to cramp my style ;) ) and provided the music and booze.

As I knew it would be a late (and noisy) one, I did what I thought was the decent thing and invited the (Acting) Cpl Scuffer who lived at the end of the corridor.

He thoroughly enjoyed himself, chatting up the girls I had invited, drinking the booze I had provided and choosing music to put on my stereo.

A suitably drunk night was had by all, with a few of us even getting lucky with our female friends.

(I think you know where this is going now!)

Early next morning I was knocked up and dragged down the Scuffer Station. Proceeded to get a roasting for girls in the block, excessive consumption of alcohol, loud noise etc etc

When it was pointed out that A/Cpl X was actually AT the party the snivelling two faced snake insisted he had only gone along in a 'professional capacity' to 'gather evidence' as he 'suspected some girls would stay the night in male accomodation'.

The fact he was one of the few who didn't pull obviously had nothing to do with this subsequent police harrassment did it?

Never gave him the steam off my sh1t again, and have never seen him again.

His last name is one of those green things in the country that you walk up. And then walk down again.

Chopper

CC

Laarbruch72
1st Aug 2006, 21:35
His last name is one of those green things in the country that you walk up. And then walk down again.

Chopper

CC[/quote]

Ah, THAT policeman? If that's the one I know then this never happened. (As befits the stature of this thread, never let truth get in the way of a good lie!)

This thread is REALLY tired now. Same old whinges from the same sad tired bitter cases. Let it die a slow death please, it embarrasses you all.

And Always Whigeing in Wilts... yes, there were a few more that 10 posters in the first couple of pages. But hey, everyone likes a dig at plod, and we all have a story, so crack on. However for the last 10, 11, 18 pages or whatever, it's the same old faces.

For gods' sake guys, grow up. And by the way Wilts Whinger... 30 grand is enough for me ta. It's not that much granted, but comfortable ta.

And while I'm at it, do the station plod really do such a bad job with the gun? (I know that clearly it's a subject close to your own hearts!)
It at least keeps the mindless element from rocketing around camp. (Which they do, there's always one or two).
The guys aren't out to end your careers, just make the station a safer place. Can't knock them for that surely. Bear in mind they don't choose to do it, the order comes from Harry Staish.
So the bottom line is (Just for you Comp Charlie) if you don't like speed enforcement on your camp, speak to Harry about it.

Mind how you go.

Laar.

Jopsy
1st Aug 2006, 21:55
How about a little humour Laar ??

Whats the Difference between an RAFP wagon and a pair of Boxer Shorts ??

You can only get one C0ck in a pair of Boxer shorts.

And in my case the RAFP wrent very good at "making the camp a safer place" as they failed to prevent the incident and then arrived after two slightly sozzled SAC's and the medics had sorted it .. I mean how slow do you have to be to arrive after the Medics ?? .. if they went any slower they would be going backwards.

And in my case I felt (as did my boss) that the RAFP were "out to wreck my career" .. why else interview use aginst the rules and try to get us charged on the grounds of that. Maybe needed to boost the stats a bit I think.

There can be tossers in any trade but the RAFP have the power that when it is abused has a lasting effect.

I am going to bug out now as I dont think I could top that joke.

Ta Ta.

Tombstone
1st Aug 2006, 22:02
Laarbruch72, check your PMs.

Laarbruch72
1st Aug 2006, 22:11
And in my case the RAFP wrent very good at "making the camp a safer place" as they failed to prevent the incident and then arrived after two slightly sozzled SAC's and the medics had sorted it .. I mean how slow do you have to be to arrive after the Medics ?? .. if they went any slower they would be going backwards.

And in my case I felt (as did my boss) that the RAFP were "out to wreck my career" .. why else interview use aginst the rules and try to get us charged on the grounds of that. Maybe needed to boost the stats a bit I think.

Ta Ta.

Don't mind the humour one bit Jopsy. That's actually a fairly funny joke, keep them coming by all means.

What disturbs me is the incident you mention. Can you not be more specific about the said incident? If not then fair enough, but I can hardly reply to that with any credence can I?
Interview against the rules? Do you not know that you have rights? (And every copper has to show you a paper copy every time you are interviewed? It's the law. Ask next time you're in the clink, although you should have been informed of your rights anyway!)
And contary to belief, there are no such thing as stats. We don't get extra pay / promotion / up the pecking order etc from doing people for no good reason. There are stats yes. But only on crime figures on each station so we can best see how to target resources.
I was specifically talking about the dreaded (and much vaulted) radar gun. I was just trying to defend the poor young guys who, under Harrys' orders have to go out and cop all the **** for Harrys' own policies.

As I said guys. It's easy to blast the 18 year old LAC/A/Cpl for being a **** or whatever, but try asking Gp Capt Harry why he sends those same guys out. I somehow doubt that you would.

Mind how you go,

Laar.

Laarbruch72
1st Aug 2006, 22:28
Laarbruch72, check your PMs.

Got it Tomb.

Many thanks, a reasonable post in an unreasonable world!

Reply sent.

Mind how you go.

Laar.

Jopsy
1st Aug 2006, 22:41
Laar,

In 13 years service I was never charged, in civvy life I have no criminal convictions so I wont be asking the about rights "the next time I am in the clink" .. there has not been a first.

And as a 18 year old LAC who had been in just about a year I would have thought me knowing my rights in an unfamiliar situation like that would be secondary to the RAFP Cpl's following the proper proceedures but I take your point.

In fairness I met some good RAFP's who acted reasonably and were decent guys, unfortunately I found then too few and far between.

And after that experience I never trusted another one again.

Laarbruch72
1st Aug 2006, 22:56
Laar,
I take your point.

In fairness I met some good RAFP's who acted reasonably and were decent guys, unfortunately I found then too few and far between.

And after that experience I never trusted another one again.

Fair enough Jopsy.

You might like to know that the terms of the PACE (Police and Criminal Evidence Act) 1984 specify certain rights that a policeman has to point out in writing to an arrested person. These apply to Service Police too!

If you are not arrested, it doesn't apply and you are free to go at any time.

Remember that Service Police are generally good guys who joined wanting to help you out. We are changing all the time towards specialist Police branches. Slag us off (banter I believe we have to call it!) by all means, it's part of the RAF life. But think twice about posting rubbish. It helps no-one.

Take care guys.

Laar.

wg13_dummy
1st Aug 2006, 23:26
Fair enough Jopsy.

You might like to know that the terms of the PACE (Police and Criminal Evidence Act) 1984 specify certain rights that a policeman has to point out in writing to an arrested person. These apply to Service Police too!

If you are not arrested, it doesn't apply and you are free to go at any time.

Remember that Service Police are generally good guys who joined wanting to help you out. We are changing all the time towards specialist Police branches.

Your rigerous training beats that attitude out of them then?

Umpteenth threads on this subject suggest it's not the case.

Slag us off (banter I believe we have to call it!) by all means, it's part of the RAF life. But think twice about posting rubbish. It helps no-one.

Who made you moderator? Thanks for giving us permission to 'banter' with you but no one invited you into the thread. You are obviously free to post as it is a public forum but at least have the manners to realise when your input isn't required. If non RAFP want to slag you off, accept it. You didn't join to make friends did you?

Laarbruch72
1st Aug 2006, 23:44
[quote=wg13_dummy]Your rigerous training quote]

And your "rigerous" training qualifies you for this thread does it?

Stop posting rubbish. It embarrasses you.

Post something new, and I might be interested.

If not, take a leaf out of Pontius' and Tombstones' book, and try making some sense.

Take part in the debate, and don't just post as a f*ckwitt. It might do you some credit. Mate, you really do single yourself out as a true w*nker.

Mind how you go,

Laar.

wg13_dummy
1st Aug 2006, 23:53
And your "rigerous" training qualifies you for this thread does it?

Stop posting rubbish. It embarrasses you.

Post something new, and I might be interested.

If not, take a leaf out of Pontius' and Tombstones' book, and try making some sense.

Take part in the debate, and don't just post as a f*ckwitt. It might do you some credit. Mate, you really do single yourself out as a true w*nker.

Mind how you go,

Laar.

Sounds like a bite.

It's not a case of 'qualifying' for a thread you dick. It's about understanding when you are been talked about and not spoken to.

Debate? There is no debate. RAFP are tits. When you realise that, you'll be a happier chap. The thread title is 'Why no one likes the RAFP' you moron. If you want a debate, poke off to the kennels. I'm sure you'll be out matched by the residents.

(Each time a copper tries to defend himself or his 'trade' on these threads, they embarrass themselves as they clearly haven't understood the question).

Evenin' all.

Skeleton
2nd Aug 2006, 00:02
Jopsy i remember that bloke, he was the Richard Cranium who kept banning people from camp for weeks at a time for motoring offenses.

I worked in the tower and he was the same pratt who rang up and demanded to know why a mighty hunter was "speeding" down the taxiway.
Without thinking I replied its the SAR aircraft, they do tend to move a bit quicker. He spluttered something ridiculous about rules but I was to busy and gave him a Basil Fawlty "Goodbye"

Silly fecker raced up to the tower demanding an explanation....
Not a good idea when your Airfield Driving Permit has run out!!

Did I enjoy banning him from the airfield - you bet!!

One of his other tricks was to hide with the portly ginger haired henchman he had, and catch the foot patrol nipping in for breakfast. He really was that sad! Funnily enough once the SWO found out he and his lads had time to "steak out" the mess (pardon the pun) the practice stopped. I guess the idea they might have to do foot patrol did not appeal :)

Laarbruch72
2nd Aug 2006, 00:31
I worked in the tower and he was the same pratt who rang up and demanded to know why a mighty hunter was "speeding" down the taxiway.

Wow, another unfounded and completely rubbish post! I really can't think of a colleague of mine who would complain about speeding on a taxiway!

Mind you.... a certain C130 pilot in Kabul recently complained to the International Military Police about the speed of vehicles on the main southern taxiway. He said (quite rightly) that it was a FS hazard and needed policing, and why didn't we get on with our jobs etc.......
Same crew were stopped 2 days later on radar zipping along at 70kph (In a 40) on the taxiway. Excuse? "Haven't you got anything better to do?" etc etc etc.
The usual boring set of excuses!
We really can't do any good, we're never in the right are we??

Think before you post..

Laar.

Laarbruch72
2nd Aug 2006, 00:42
Sounds like a bite.

Debate? There is no debate. RAFP are tits. When you realise that, you'll be a happier chap. The thread title is 'Why no one likes the RAFP' you moron. If you want a debate, poke off to the kennels. I'm sure you'll be out matched by the residents.

(Each time a copper tries to defend himself or his 'trade' on these threads, they embarrass themselves as they clearly haven't understood the question).

Evenin' all.

Bite? No, one has to be bothered to bite.

You clearly cannot see the wood from the trees. You only embarrass YOURSELF, as this thread is dying out and you are one of the 3 who will not let it lie. And THAT my friend is sad.

I've understood the question only too well.... As you yourself pointed out.... This thread was why NOBODY likes the RAF Police.
So far I only see 3 or 4 sad sacks replying.

Where are the other 57,000?

Keep it up dummy. You're only making yourself look stupid.

Laar.

16 blades
2nd Aug 2006, 03:50
Oh Dear, Laarbruch.

Why NOBODY likes RAF Police

You, my friend, have answered this question yourself, in the tone and content of the vast majority of your posts over the last few pages, far more demonstrably and unequivocably than any of the rest of us could ever have hoped to do.

I would like to withdraw my previous demand for you to shut the f**k up - please continue to throb, and answer the question for us - we wouldn't have to post at all then, with you doing all our work for us here!

Only £30k? Bless! I wouldn't get out of bed for that amount of money. Double it, and I'd think about getting out of bed....

16B

Skeleton
2nd Aug 2006, 05:59
Wow, another unfounded and completely rubbish post! I really can't think of a colleague of mine who would complain about speeding on a taxiway!

Not a rude person by nature but....

How dare you question my honesty you arrogant little man. I can live with the rubbish bit, we all have different opinions, but what gives you the right to completely dismiss my post as "unfounded"

You really are a copper, you just proved it! You're rude, you're dismissive , and if you don't believe something's true, you post the kind of abusive answer above. Anyone else I would provide with a reasoned answer as to why its true, but you come across as such a sanctimonious tit, you don't deserve one. Your damn right you can't think, you certainly did not before you posted the above pearl of wisdom.

By the way your colleague was not the first to complain about "speeding" aircraft, he was just the thicko that headed onto the airfield without the correct paperwork, now that shows he also did not think, therefore he was also a real fed. Of course if you had been there the whole incident would not have occurred would it? Your breed was good at sweeping things under the carpet - when it suited them.

I have said before I met some ruddy good coppers - Its just a pity that the bad ones like you let the side down so badly. Every trade has its bad apples, but get a bad copper and the nature of his job means a lot of people are going to come across him given time.

Spleen vented time for work - Reasons i left the mob part 234 - Tossers like you.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh:

Comp Charlie
2nd Aug 2006, 06:16
Ah, THAT policeman? If that's the one I know then this never happened. (As befits the stature of this thread, never let truth get in the way of a good lie!)

So the bottom line is (Just for you Comp Charlie) if you don't like speed enforcement on your camp, speak to Harry about it.

Mind how you go.

Laar.

Oh how joyous!!! :D

Mr Laar, you have just proven beyond all reasonable doubt that RAFP not only suffer from selective hearing, you also suffer from selective reading...

Please point out any post from me that relates to speeding on camp and/or radar guns?

I think you'll find my particular post was about a block party attended by an invited RAFP who then proceeded to bubble us for said party as he hadn't managed to pull.

Nothing whatsoever to do with speeding.

Also:

You imply I am LYING about said incident and make it sound like it is an 'old chestnut' of a story. Well, it DID happen, and I can conclude one of either two things:

1. This particular incident in 1993 has become folklore in the RAFP trade as even other RAFP can see the guy was being a tool.

2. This kind of thing happens regularly - RAFP being invited to block parties, only then to stitch the boys up.

Either way it lends more credence to this discussion that Coppers are nobs.

So, I shall wait with baited breath for not one but TWO apologies from your good self (surely you are man enough to admit you made a mistake?).

I did not lie about the Block Party incident, and I did not mention speeding once in any of my posts.

An apology from a scuffer...I can't wait...;)

Don't think I'll hold my breath though...I might die...:zzz:

CC

Now a 'J' Bloke!!
2nd Aug 2006, 06:29
So then LaarButch (IQ)72

If this thread is dying, why do you feel the need to post nearly 50% of the last page (31). 8 out of 17 if schoolbioy maths still works!!!

Give it a rest.
Go check a combo or something!!

More LAter;

wg13_dummy
2nd Aug 2006, 07:59
Oh dear, Laar. You are making a bit of a prat of yourself aren't you.

The thread would have probably died if you hadn't bothered replying. I'll bet your police work is as top notch as your replies on here. We are all doomed!

XL319
2nd Aug 2006, 08:08
I've only one thing to say with regards to the matter - ...."never trust a copper" :}

Doobs
2nd Aug 2006, 08:28
I am currently a serving RAF copper. I have got to say that I welcome the stories (good or bad) about my 'colleagues'. I have heard most of them before, but it still makes me laugh. I have been guilty, in my younger days of service, of being 'over enthusiastic' but have since grown out of it.

If you cant laugh at yourself then who can you laugh at ??

Love us, hate us......Who cares !!

Enjoy:)

DON T
2nd Aug 2006, 08:37
Laarbruch72 has made a total of 69 posts, of which 66 are on the subject of the RAFP in this forum and in the last week.

Come on lads, surely if he does any plodding at all and you keep quiet, he will go away and find somebody else to bother. :}

PompeySailor
2nd Aug 2006, 08:38
Don't mind the humour one bit Jopsy. That's actually a fairly funny joke, keep them coming by all means.

What disturbs me is the incident you mention. Can you not be more specific about the said incident? If not then fair enough, but I can hardly reply to that with any credence can I?
Interview against the rules? Do you not know that you have rights? (And every copper has to show you a paper copy every time you are interviewed? It's the law. Ask next time you're in the clink, although you should have been informed of your rights anyway!)
And contary to belief, there are no such thing as stats. We don't get extra pay / promotion / up the pecking order etc from doing people for no good reason. There are stats yes. But only on crime figures on each station so we can best see how to target resources.
I was specifically talking about the dreaded (and much vaulted) radar gun. I was just trying to defend the poor young guys who, under Harrys' orders have to go out and cop all the **** for Harrys' own policies.

As I said guys. It's easy to blast the 18 year old LAC/A/Cpl for being a **** or whatever, but try asking Gp Capt Harry why he sends those same guys out. I somehow doubt that you would.

Mind how you go,

Laar.

Interesting Laar. The RN Police, when undergoing training at Whale Island, used to be given quotas to fill each day as part of the training regime. They would be bussed down to the dockyard and told to collect a certain amount of names and offences. They don't do the same when they are qualified.

We have a different system in that our guys cannot join as Police, they have to transfer after a few years in. As for interviews, I have been in a couple where the correct procedure has not been followed, and I have had a couple of our Police (that I actually get on fairly well with, having worked with SIB on some specialist cases) admit that if they think they can put the pressure on before enlightening the guilty bastard (sorry, suspect), they will.

Laarbruch72
2nd Aug 2006, 09:33
Interesting Laar. The RN Police, when undergoing training at Whale Island, used to be given quotas to fill each day as part of the training regime. They would be bussed down to the dockyard and told to collect a certain amount of names and offences. They don't do the same when they are qualified.

We have a different system in that our guys cannot join as Police, they have to transfer after a few years in. As for interviews, I have been in a couple where the correct procedure has not been followed, and I have had a couple of our Police (that I actually get on fairly well with, having worked with SIB on some specialist cases) admit that if they think they can put the pressure on before enlightening the guilty bastard (sorry, suspect), they will.

Thanks, Pomey, interesting post.
I've worked with the RN Police also, and I'm aware that they don't join as Police. (Probably a better system I admit). Yes, as you said, I'm sure there are some who will "apply pressure" in an interview, but it's not my area so I can't say with any authority as to what extent that goes on.
As you said though, a long time back, good and bad in all.

Iwasacopper
2nd Aug 2006, 11:06
I am currently a serving RAF copper. I have got to say that I welcome the stories (good or bad) about my 'colleagues'. I have heard most of them before, but it still makes me laugh. I have been guilty, in my younger days of service, of being 'over enthusiastic' but have since grown out of it.

If you cant laugh at yourself then who can you laugh at ??

Enjoy:)

Totally agree Doobs - I've laughed myself silly at some of the stories that have been posted.

As my name implies I was in the RAF Police (12 years). I met loads of good people (from all trades - including aircrew and RAFP) and a fair number of complete wasters (again from all trades - including aircrew and RAFP)! That's just life.

Having said that, Laar - don't know where you get your gen from mate regarding the (non-existant) air threat in Iraq/Afghanistan. There is a threat to aircraft operating there - quite a strong threat as well! How do I know? Lots of reasons - but the one that can be posted here is the article in Solider magazine a few months ago which described the VC-10 moves into and from Basrah. Aircraft has to take off and land at night, all passengers wear body armour and helmets during landing, no lights on etc. Sounds like a reasonable air threat to me! You could argue that there's a greater threat to troops on the ground - given the number of solider deaths there have been I would agree with that line. But I don't believe you can dismiss the air threat because of the lack of an opposing Air Force!!!

Personally speaking I've got a lot of respect for the aircrew boys and girls. If their aircraft is going down and they have got a choice between bailing out and watch the aircraft crash into a village or stay in the aircraft, miss the village and die themselves...they all chose the latter. Major respect in my book :ok:

However, do some aircrew chaps have an attitude problem? Course they do! Just like RAFP, RAF Regt, Chefs, drivers etc. etc. etc. Like I said - part of life.

Comp Charlie
2nd Aug 2006, 11:20
Ah-ha...I see a post from Mr Laarbruch, handily ignoring the request for an apology on the previous page (page 31) for sullying my good name and reputation.

Luckily 'Doobs' and 'Iwasacopper' are going someway to proving that at least some RAFP are human are can talk sense.

I shall add to the selective hearing and selective reading comments, the new category of 'inability to ever admit making a mistake'. ;)

Although I should give the benefit of the doubt, maybe you didn't read the previous page, an allowable oversight - think of this topic as like a coppers notebook, just pick and choose the bits that show you in a good light and disregard the inaccuracies in your work...that's how it works isn't it? :=

CC

Skeleton
2nd Aug 2006, 13:21
Well put Comp.

Keeps proving he is a real one though - to be fair :)

Pass-A-Frozo
2nd Aug 2006, 13:41
V8 Ute flies around corner with around 10 student pilots in back..
flies around next corner (past car park)
RAAF Police come around corner.. stop in car park and get flashlight out and start looking around
Me (having a smoke on balcony of accomodation): "Looking for something mate??"
RAAF Police: "Noo.. noo mate.. I'm fine.. just looking for something"
Me to self in best Dr Evil voice "riiiiiiiiiight" :}
So who exactly thinks: "I'd like to join the military to stuff up and ruin the career's of other military members".. Good on you guys.. keep up the good work :E
Oh .. and I forgot about the time RAAF Police lied and deceived someone to get an "admission" . Funny how they forgot about the legalities of what they did when questioned later..
To quote a famous Football chant "Shame on RAAF Pol... cheating bast**d's"
and people wonder why Security police are hated... I like Security police.. compared to scratching my eyes out with a pair of scissors.
Just remember.. are you there on deployment helping what the country wants? Are you hindering it and making life hard for people who are actually doing their bit... maybe when you do something that actually contributes you might understand...
point of thread.. why don't you bunch quit.. no one likes you and no one wants you.. you should have joined the real police. Don't take it out on us. Old Bill could use your Jackness. Yes, we are all polite to your face.. but as soon as you leave we all talk about what a bunch of prats you are. I'd say something about your first children but probably should sign off now. Really glad you get the same benefits on deployment... really.. really I am.. Oh.. that's right.. just remembered.. no I'm not. You didn't earn your money.
Fire away!

The fact remains that if pilots conducted themselves and failed to the degree that many Mil Police do we'd lose our jobs is indisputable, and people would die. Instead you blokes keep your jobs and probably get a pat on the back.

I'd give details of a case I defended if OPSEC didn't preclude it, but I can't. What is more disgraceful is that the security police turned up IN THEATRE in civvies shows how out of touch they are.

Pretty amusing that an Officer with a few lecture in the Defence Force Discipline Act can destroy your work in minutes given apparently you're "professionally" trained in your field. What a joke.

If pilots failed to your degree there would be Royal Commision.

Glad you find messing with peoples lives and careers amusing. Would you have the "who cares" attitude if you were on an aircraft and it hit a hill?

Maple 01
2nd Aug 2006, 16:10
Ohh dear, first the dislike of RAF coppers goes Tri-service/multi discipline, then our Commonwealth chums join in, and I believe we've had some input from NATO - face it Laar, no-one likes you!

Chesty Morgan
2nd Aug 2006, 16:29
Not wanting to miss out on the fun. From a civvy point of view. A lot of ex RAFP end up as airport security. No guarding Coke for them. Superiority complex or what!

Nobody likes them either. W*nkers:E

Always_broken_in_wilts
2nd Aug 2006, 17:02
Despite him/her stating he/she does not not bite here is a PM from Laar which demonstrates the ease with which Plod can be seperated from his/her teddy:E

"Hi
Do you really disbelieve me that much? Disbelieve that your sad thread attracts more interest from civilians who think you're a sad sack?
Contact me if so. I will prove my case. You are WAY more unpopular than you think!

And by the way.... Do a search on ARRse about Loadmasters. You're not exactly the most popular guys!! Go for it gay fella!

Laar."

Now I am not sure quite what prompted this totally unsolicited PM but if you have anything to say to me Laar, then man up, be like me and say it here in public, you big girls blouse:rolleyes: :p

Comp Charlie
2nd Aug 2006, 18:15
I'm turning blue from lack of oxygen...

CC

Yeller_Gait
2nd Aug 2006, 18:23
I remember doing a stint of guard cdr at ISK in mid-late 90's and becoming aware of a tactic that the RAFP employed.
They would watch for people leaving their Sqn/ messes after a beer call or function and watch them getting into their cars to drive home at the end of the night. Instead of stopping them at the first opportunity, or even stopping them leaving the camp, the RAFP would call the civvie police with the description and registration of the car and allow the civvies to deal with the drink/drive incident.
I am not sure if the incident I am aware of (and no it wasn't me!) was a one-off or a regular occurence, but I could not believe that the RAFP would allow someone to drive off camp suspecting they had been drinking.
Hopefully no one was ever injured or killed by any driver that the RAFP knowingly let drive off camp, but ever since that incident I have never trusted the RAFP.
On a slightly lighter note, only the RAFP could come up with a poster saying
POLICE Thieves operating in this area

And they usually were the police.
Y_G

Saintsman
2nd Aug 2006, 18:24
I seem to recall a big spy case in the 80s that was messed up by RAFP. The 'Mata Hari' case as it was known. Said suspect was forced into a confession by friendly SIB.

Learning from that mistake, they repeated it shortly after, only with eight suspects. They were also found not guilty for exactly the same reason.

That trial went on for months in the Old Bailey. Must have cost a fortune.

BTW, I notice that nobody's started a thread saying 'Why we all love the RAFP'.....

nutmeg
2nd Aug 2006, 18:39
I am a Loadie now, but was a Copper, guess I'm the least liked person around!!!:ok:

Pontius Navigator
2nd Aug 2006, 18:56
Came across RAAFP a few years ago.. Helpful guys posted photographs of all the out of bounds brothels. Just up the road the hospital issued free freds.

Then, one night, our piper was playing downtown. He was surrounded by about a dozen sqn mates with a few Aussie ones further out. The whole was then surrounded by a load of locals. In all about 30-50 as a large gathering enjoying (if that is possible) the bag pipes.

Enter the boys with the white hats. They pick the oldest one present "You, whatsyername?"

"Wg Cdr (name of first peeler) (name of leatherworker), what's yours?"

Exit coppers. Brave lads, everyone.

Shjustme
2nd Aug 2006, 20:13
Saintsman,
You are quite incorrect in your account of the Cyprus case. Strongly suggest you thoroughly read The Calcutt Report to learn the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
Because the case was so serious RAF Legal Services were not allowed to take it to Courts Martial, the law required that it go to Civil Court.
Therefore the evidence in Cyprus was reviewed by Met Police SB as a matter of routine, and NO problems were found in the manner in which the investigation was conducted or the evidence gathered.
Certain members of the jury in the court case were not the sort of characters you or the Chief of Air Staff would employ.
So, get your facts correct.
Footnote: In spite of the outcome of the court case, why did the RAF discharge the airmen concerned? (I know why!;) )
Quiz: What relation was one of the airmen to an Army SIB Capt who relatively recently was convicted by CM for indecent behaviour, and kicked out of the service? They shared the same surname and went to the same school. (I know!;) )

Maple 01
2nd Aug 2006, 20:33
Actually ABIW I got a similar PM, are we the chosen few? Are we special?

Footnote: In spite of the outcome of the court case, why did the RAF discharge the airmen concerned? (I know why! )

Splash party wasn't it? Guilty of something you don't get kicked out for now IIRC, mind-you, unlike the skuffers I'm prepared to admit I could be wrong. Funny they can remember all the details of a RAFP 'victory' from the eighties but are a little hazy about their spectacular failures against the Stazi during the same period – I suspect one has entered RAFP volk-law while the other has been quietly burried.

So good against Comcen, poor against HISS

BEagle
2nd Aug 2006, 20:38
Surely it's time to close this thread?

What started out as a bit of banter has turned into little more than puerile abuse.

Bad show.

Maple 01
2nd Aug 2006, 20:42
Oh come on BEags just jump in, you must have some classic RAFP stories tucked away

Point0Five
2nd Aug 2006, 21:02
I'd give details of a case I defended if OPSEC didn't preclude it, but I can't.

There's nothing OPSEC about pornography...

Saintsman
2nd Aug 2006, 21:37
Saintsman,
You are quite incorrect in your account of the Cyprus case.

Both cases?

Toxteth O'Grady
2nd Aug 2006, 21:47
:bored: zzzzzzzzzzzz (http://www.aperfectworld.org/cartoons/boring.png) :bored:

:cool:

TOG

wg13_dummy
2nd Aug 2006, 23:03
Surely it's time to close this thread?
What started out as a bit of banter has turned into little more than puerile abuse.
Bad show.

C'mon Beags, relax. You just know if this thread gets shut down, another 20 will pop up.

I would suggest if you find it distasteful, don't read it.

Skeleton
3rd Aug 2006, 01:53
Lets steer very clear of Cyprus and the spies and murder **** up shall we. I was in the same block as the first accused, and, regardless of the outcome the SIB did little to endear themselves to anyone that was in that block and treated to the fun and games provided by the SIB in relation to there enquiries. Yes i am talking dark rooms and lamps.

What happened after was an aside, he was guilty as sin, we all knew that at the time, the actions of the SIB on the island though ensured they took the blame, certainly amongst those involved, when it went pear shaped.

I won't even start on what happened outside the Pen Club, as I said best left unsaid.

Laar don't even bother old chap - go look up the records - it happened.

Comp Charlie
3rd Aug 2006, 08:38
Laar don't even bother old chap - go look up the records - it happened.

I think Laar must have gone AWOL from pprune. Seems he couldn't bear the thought of being caught red-handed being factually incorrect and being legitimately asked for an apology!

(I'm not usually this pedantic but when it comes to getting one over on a copper in a public arena then I'm like a dog with a bone ;) )

CC

Pontius Navigator
3rd Aug 2006, 17:51
I think Laar must have gone AWOL from pprune. Seems he couldn't bear the thought of being caught red-handed being factually incorrect and being legitimately asked for an apology!

(I'm not usually this pedantic but when it comes to getting one over on a copper in a public arena then I'm like a dog with a bone ;) )

CC

CC, I have done a traffic pattern analysis and suspect that L72 may be sleeping if off. Night 26/27 he/she managed 45 posts in under 4 hrs. Clearly working hard. The following night there was a solitary post around pubrise.

The pearls of wisdom continued on the nights 31/01 - 13 posts and 01/02 10 posts. We may attribute the flurry on night 1 to catching up on the earlier messages.

If the off-duty interval repeats the first gap we might expect a further response about 2000 on 5 Aug. Unless of course he allows the thread to die a death.

Comp Charlie
3rd Aug 2006, 18:41
Thankyou Pontius, and may I commend you on your splendid investigative work.

This leads me to conclude that YOU are not an RAF Policeman, as your answer was factually correct, concise and to the point.

You did not adopt a condescending tone, and I actually listened to, and digested what you said with a large degree of respect for you, even though we have never met.

Please do not consider joining the RAFP, you will never fit in... :)

CC

teeteringhead
3rd Aug 2006, 18:43
This leads me to conclude that YOU are not an RAF Policeman... and the name's a bit of a giveaway....;)

Comp Charlie
3rd Aug 2006, 19:11
Don't out-sarcasm my sarcasm! :p

Heh heh...

CC

Always_broken_in_wilts
3rd Aug 2006, 20:26
But is he a pilot or does he smell of wee:E

ACW418
3rd Aug 2006, 20:43
As Pontius and I were at Coningsby on our respective first tours on Vulcans in 1964 I resemble that remark.

ACW

Always_broken_in_wilts
3rd Aug 2006, 20:54
Well I just hope you are both pilots otherwise the smell and leak rate must be awful by now:E

ACW418
3rd Aug 2006, 21:07
ABIW

Whilst I can claim that distinction(?). Pontius's name rather gives the game away.

ACW

Always_broken_in_wilts
3rd Aug 2006, 21:30
In what way:rolleyes:

Back to my sunday school days I seem to remember that Pontius was a pilot, and therefore could not have smelt of wee:E

ACW418
3rd Aug 2006, 21:35
ABIW

I think he was a Pilate - Pontius's Nom de Plume is Pontius Navigator. Anyone who sat in the back of a Vulcan had to have a very efficient sphincter.

ACW

Always_broken_in_wilts
3rd Aug 2006, 21:41
That is the problem with us Secondary Modern produce, we inevitably end us as factually innacurate Baldricks:oh:

Thanks for pointing out the error of my ways and I promise to try and do better:ok:

Pontius Navigator
3rd Aug 2006, 21:42
I also attended the police school before L72 which naturally goes with the idea that I was navigator to Pontius Pilate!

Lon More
3rd Aug 2006, 21:54
Could they even make a mess of this (http://uk.news.yahoo.com/03082006/80-132/sex-starved-wife-asks-police-intervene.html)?

Talk Wrench
3rd Aug 2006, 22:03
Mrs TW (serving airwoman) at secret oxon Helo base gets a tel call today.

Mrs TW, "Hello"

Acting Cpl snowdrop. "Hello, I want to talk to you about a very serious incident of which you were involved"

MTW " Sorry, say again?"

ACS " Yesterday, somebody reported you to us for driving the wrong way down a one way street."

MTW " Sorry, please expand?"

Acting To$$er " you could have killed people in a hit and run"

MTW " Sorry, I do not recall driving down a one way street, please tell me where it was?"

Acting bigger to$$er " Near the Naafi stroke spar shop"

OBSERVATION. A road which is about 12 metres long.

MTW " Well I certainly do not remember."

Even bigger now To$$er. " Believe me, you did and could have killed somebody"

MTW " Who was the person who had nothing better to do than to report me for doing something that I did not do anyway?"

Acting SAC,flight sergeant, Marshall of the Royal Air Force " Well do not do it again or I will do yer."

To$$eR

If I get hold of the little scrote, I might have to educate him in the way of etiquette and the way life really is. By involving my solicitor!

RAFP.THEY DO, Do a good job in REAL mil work.But get rid of TO$$ERS like the gadget described .

Thanks,

TW

Talking Radalt
3rd Aug 2006, 23:25
Could they even make a mess of this (http://uk.news.yahoo.com/03082006/80-132/sex-starved-wife-asks-police-intervene.html)?
Dunno, but didn't someone mention how an ex-plod made good by working for that well-known centre of law enforcement.....the Coca Cola Company?.....
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/5152740.stm
:}

Wilders85
4th Aug 2006, 00:34
WOW. I have been away for a while earning a crust or two and upon my return have witnessed a total decimation if not a complete hatchet job of our brethren. ????

OK. Let me declare an interest. I am of the RAFP (Many Years Since). I did escape in 87 and I have posted on this thread a total of 4 times until this offering.

I am, quite honestly, appalled at some of the posts from so called (ex) members of the RAFP entered since my last humble offerings.

I will not, and will never justify or excuse the postings of some members of this forum, nor will I engage in petty insults to any of the comments made by forum members. I have in my previous posts made my position perfectly clear. Feel free to ridicule and abuse but please be prepared to accept a reciprocal arrangement. I for one can accept and agree with most of the reasonable comments made on this forum. However !!!!

A gent by the handle of Two Boats has given us an in depth account of his service and when abused has retreated in the face of superior aggression. Now call me a sceptic, but by my understanding and real life experience (albeit I left the fold in 87) I would suggest that any RAFP WO would have served at least 22 years in the RAF if not more. This would mean joining the local constabulary as a probationary constable at an age of over 40 years(Minimum). I will probably be corrected but I do not know of any Police Force that in recent years accept recruits over that age. If any local agreements are in place to facilitate such a recruitment age then I concede to superior knowledge. What I am trying to point out is that certain facts as offered by individual posters should be investigated to confirm relevancy.

I am not convinced by the postings of Two Boats.

Far be it for me to discuss OpSec. I am so far out of it I don’t even know what you are talking about nor do I particularly want to know. . However, Laar72 has displayed an attitude that portrays the worst aspect and ignorance of the “Need to Know” principle. The petty retorts and insults show an amazing lack of judgement and control, exactly what other members of this forum have identified as the worst attitude within the RAFP trade. Please discuss.

Yet again I am opening myself to incomming. !!!!

Regards to all genuine posters

Pontius Navigator
4th Aug 2006, 06:31
Wilders, good analysis. When I looked at L72's initial entry I was amazed at the sheer pace of his postings.

He dipped his toe in the water at 2140 and next at 2218. Then it came fast and furious with 7 3 5 5 2 5 1 4 6 5 3 3 1 1 2 1 2 3 2 1 10 4 6 3 3 8 11 4 3 9 11 6 3 3 3 11 15 16 6 3 7 20 88 minutes between posts.

The last post at 0330 and the next at 1835 seem slight aberations. Given the timing and pprune being on Zulu, it has all the hallmarks of someone pulling a boring night shift somewhere hot and sunny.

It this a record?

Comp Charlie
4th Aug 2006, 06:58
Maybe he is currently serving on a non-24 hour unit and has realised after many months of trying that attempting to apprehend foxes and rabbits for speeding on the main drag is a battle he will never win, so is consoling himself with posting arse comments on this forum, in order to while away the hours until the doughnut shop opens again?

Comes to something when even other RAFP (ex or otherwise) recognise that you are talking out of your hoop!!

But I don't want to see Laar verbally battered and bruised and leave these pages...I feel he makes a very worthwhile contribution, and entertains me no end personally!

CC

stillagoodguy
4th Aug 2006, 07:53
Wilders is wrong in his assertion that someone in their early 40s cannot join the civil police. I can personally name more than a few who have done so in recent years, all ex RAFP who I have worked with at some time or other. There must be others.

I wonder if 'TwoBoats' could tell us when he was stationed in Ascension Island? Those who have been there will know the connection between ASI and TwoBoats.

Danny_Boy
4th Aug 2006, 08:11
Wilders is wrong in his assertion that someone in their early 40s cannot join the civil police. I can personally name more than a few who have done so in recent years, all ex RAFP who I have worked with at some time or other. There must be others.

I was thinking along similar lines to Wilders though. I can't be bothered to trawl back through all the postings, but I remember TwoS*its discussing what sort of things he is involved in, and me thinking that he must be about Inspector/Chief Inspector level.

IF he made it to WO in the RAFP, I am surprised he would have left much before his early/mid forties. The police also retire at the age of 55. Not bad going to get abouve Sgt in a max of 15 years, despite joining at the age of at least 40 (and being more unattractive for promotion than a young thruster who has time to get to the top).

Or perhaps his fantasies are running away with themselves and he is actually a 'retired' SAC/A/cpl who is a 'revenue protection officer' at the local Arndale centre.

Pass-A-Frozo
4th Aug 2006, 08:21
Wilders, good analysis. When I looked at L72's initial entry I was amazed at the sheer pace of his postings.
He dipped his toe in the water at 2140 and next at 2218. Then it came fast and furious with 7 3 5 5 2 5 1 4 6 5 3 3 1 1 2 1 2 3 2 1 10 4 6 3 3 8 11 4 3 9 11 6 3 3 3 11 15 16 6 3 7 20 88 minutes between posts.
The last post at 0330 and the next at 1835 seem slight aberations. Given the timing and pprune being on Zulu, it has all the hallmarks of someone pulling a boring night shift somewhere hot and sunny.
It this a record?

I'd like to quote myself:

Just remember.. are you there on deployment helping what the country wants? Are you hindering it and making life hard for people who are actually doing their bit... maybe when you do something that actually contributes you might understand...

Sounds like another self licking ice-cream on deployment to me :}

QFIhawkman
5th Aug 2006, 00:04
I'm sorry to say that my first ever post on here is about this, I really am, but for Gods' sake chaps, let's all let this one lie. It's embarrassing for all concerned.
The RAFP are (rightly or wrongly) pilloried for doing what they do, but I've been helped out in the past once or twice by the dreaded snowdrop, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

The only good this thread serves is to split the RAF even further apart than it already is. Well done all, I hope you are all proud of yourselves.
Never have I seen such a level of unhelpful drivel from ground trades and aircrew alike. You all ought to be ashamed of yourselves for starting this thread.

Why don't we all just try to get on with our jobs, let's stop worrying who the "enemy at home are".

I only hope that my next post can be on something more constructive than this subject!

Hawkman.

Maple 01
5th Aug 2006, 05:30
I only hope that my next post can be on something more constructive than this subject!

Naaaah, unlikely 'cos we all hate skuffers!

I don't know if you've read the whole thread QFIhawkman (and God knows I wouldn't want to) but you'll see that most posters accept the professional RAFP (i.e. Comp Sy, Counter int etc) are fine, it's the jumped-up LAC/A/Cpl (U) and his/her senior brethren who were too thick to specialise that are the targets for abuse.

I work for the real police (civi staff) and they seem to be darn site more flexible and capable of working on their own initiative - there also seems less of the vindictive petty-mindedness of some of the RAFP posters here. Oh, did I forget arrogance? Telling aircrew and (ex) int all about the lack of air threat in the 'Stan and Iraq?:rolleyes:

Skeleton
5th Aug 2006, 13:58
Naaaah, unlikely 'cos we all hate skuffers!

Brilliant - Round of applause for that man.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Wilders85
6th Aug 2006, 00:27
In reply to stillagoodguy.

I accept your comments and welcome the info you have provided. I know that some local Police authorities welcome ex RAFP at the age of 40, Some even go to age 45 where specific skills are available. However, what I was trying to point out, probably very badly, was that in my experience most RAFP WO were usually in the trade for the full term. That is to age 55. I personally do not know of any that left the RAF with WO rank at the age of 40 years. But as previously stated I have been out of the system for 20 years and things do change.

QFIhawkman. In some ways I do agree with your comments about letting this thread die. However I am in favour of free speech, regardless of the potential animosity and aggravation caused by the postings. But I would suggest that readers of the forum judge each posting by its content, prose and at times the obvious influence of intoxicants and decide on their response accordingly. And do not take things too seriously….!!!!

Ultimately, accept that on this forum personal opinions can be aired freely. Individuals will elaborate on personal experiences to make them more tantalising to readers (After all the title of this thread is Why Nobody Likes The RAF Police) and posters have expressed their dislike for my trade quite vociferously and at times legitimately. Also some of the so called RAFP respondents have, In my opinion, conducted themselves in a less than professional manner and have only confirmed the negative postings made against the trade.

As for the rest well, What can I say. I find this forum amusing and at times informative. I try to filter out the venomous responses, treat the tongue in cheek responses for what they are and accept the constructive criticisms made. I wish others could make the same constructive judgements without reacting OTT. I for one would not wish for this thread to die. Constructive criticism is the way forward. Destructive criticism is barrier to all concerned.

In my last few posts I have probably upset a few of my ex colleagues but I do feel a sense of reality is required. Yet again I have let myself open to abuse from both trade and others.

Regards as always.

QFIhawkman
6th Aug 2006, 00:49
A good post Wilders, however I feel you may be fighting a losing battle. As much as I hate it, some on here feel that this is the ideal place to slate a trade in general, through anonymous writing.
I personally like the RAFP, (and yes, (bring it on), I also see a place for Movers, Regiment and Suppliers in the RAF of today, shock horror!) they have given me help throughout my career, and I wish them no harm. They are here to help after all.
I think you may find that those against the Service Police on these forums are in the low teens, if that.
Bear that in mind when, and indeed if, replying to these ne'er do wells, take it with a pinch of the old Maldon briny crusty stuff!

A worthless thread if ever there was one.

Hawkman.

Pontius Navigator
6th Aug 2006, 07:55
The balance between like and dislike is probably because of their janus role. One the one hand they are force protection, including blue light taxis and patrolling the gut, and on the hand they are internal regulators.

The latter is where the angst lies and the waters muddied with barrier up/barrier down or aircraft guard both essentially force protection but with little threat. When the threat was finally recognised the barrier patrol was then transfered from RAFP to RAF and latterly (in many cases but not all) to dedicated FP. Counter Int, in the broad spectrum was also FP.

By mixing the two the opprobrium here appears to be aimed at the branch at a whole whereas it is the internal security side that is in the frame usually.

Did you know, not that long ago, that the Civpol relied on RAF expertise for IT forensic investigation?

stillagoodguy
6th Aug 2006, 11:43
PonNav is correct about civil police receiving assistance regarding IT inv.

New Scotland Yard was just one such benificiary.

Talking Radalt
6th Aug 2006, 13:18
The stock in their stationery cupboard now lasts considerably longer as well. :}

fightingchickenplumb
6th Aug 2006, 18:51
Hey guys,

I just wanted to say , why cant this thread return to how it was at the start? Amusing stories about dealings with the RAFP. The first pages of the thread had me falling off my chair laughing, now it seems to have descended into petty childish insults, which IMHO is getting tedious. Some people within this forum take their selfs far to seriously IMHO read the thread for what it is and if you feel the need to reply then do it by telling us a amusing story about a your dealings with a idiot officer /techie /stacker/PTI/ scribbly.

On that note if we have run out of amusing RAFP stories can we start on another trade PTI stories anyone?

regards

P.S yes I am an armourer, grazed knuckles , big hammer so feel free to have a pop

November4
6th Aug 2006, 19:32
From the Avon and Somekit police web site

You may apply for the position of police constable on reaching 18. However, you must be 18 years and 6 months old before you can be appointed.

There is no upper age limit (this is subject to change) but please bear in mind that the normal retirement age for police constables and sergeants is 55 years and that new recruits are required to undertake a two year probationary period.

Lara crofts pants
6th Aug 2006, 20:05
Hey guys,

I just wanted to say , why cant this thread return to how it was at the start? Amusing stories about dealings with the RAFP. The first pages of the thread had me falling off my chair laughing, now it seems to have descended into petty childish insults, .

Couldn't agree more, you big smelly poofter.

The Rocket
6th Aug 2006, 21:27
Lara Crofts Pants

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Nice one fella :ok:

Chalkstripe
7th Aug 2006, 13:08
Pass-A-Frozo
"Really glad you get the same benefits on deployment... really.. really I am.. Oh.. that's right.. just remembered.. no I'm not. You didn't earn your money."
Fair enough having a pop at scuffers etc, but please try to look at the bigger picture.
Let's not forget the six Royal Military Police killed in 2003, I'd say that they, rightly or wrongly, were put in harms way.:(
Now let's get back to atking the proverbial, and try to avoid undue vitriol - or am I being overly sensative?
waiting incoming

Comp Charlie
7th Aug 2006, 16:37
I thought this topic was about why the RAF "Police" weren't liked. Don't recall the Royal Military Police being called into question.

Good eggs those lot, at the sharp end when it comes to operational deployments, unlike their comrades in the RAFP :p (tongue firmly in cheek)

CC

ps And STILL waiting for an apology from Laar!! :ok:

Pontius Navigator
7th Aug 2006, 17:47
No one picked up on my 'force protection' lifebelt.

Years ago, one Cpl Nelson had the job of standing at the top of a Giraffe to survey the surrounding airfield for intruders etc while guarding the Vulcans below.

That he was in full view of everyone, insurgents and enemy alike, did not put him off. Should have got a medal. Come to think of it, he did, a GSM and clasp.

Then, a few years later, a Major Keck, USAF Air Police, came on an exchange tour to Wittering, then the advanced base for RAF field ops and force protection (a name we hand not coined at that time and before Harriers in RAFG). Offered RAF Police he opted for RAF Regt as the RAFP was . . .

Shjustme
7th Aug 2006, 19:05
PontiusNavigator,
Your USAF Air Police friend was well qualified to fit in with the 'Rocks' and their war like scenarios, whereas he would have been completely out of his depth big time in the RAFP, where the specialists are on a par with the USAF OSI, as the following link will show you. I and many, many, colleages have considerable 'shared experiences' with OSI, in UK and across NATO, much of it very enjoyable.
http://public.afosi.amc.af.mil

Great organisation!

brickhistory
7th Aug 2006, 20:38
PontiusNavigator,
Your USAF Air Police friend was well qualified to fit in with the 'Rocks' and their war like scenarios, whereas he would have been completely out of his depth big time in the RAFP, where the specialists are on a par with the USAF OSI, as the following link will show you. I and many, many, colleages have considerable 'shared experiences' with OSI, in UK and across NATO, much of it very enjoyable.
http://public.afosi.amc.af.mil
Great organisation!

Please, keep this a RAFP-only thread! Our former Air Police - Security Police - present-day Security Forces stories aren't nearly as funny!

SASless
7th Aug 2006, 21:39
More than a few AFOSI guys are not in the military at all but are Civilian Special Agents.....same as in the NCIS (Navy Criminal Investigative Service) where the civilians are the rule and the military are in the minority.