PDA

View Full Version : northolt yesterday?

UAV689
10th Jun 2006, 11:33
Hi All

What was going on at Northalt yesterday? My folks just told me I missed an ace display with a spitfire, and fastjets, which my dad rekons were american, but he can't tell is @rse from his elbow when it comes to aircraft so I take that with a pinch of salt...

GeeRam
10th Jun 2006, 12:02
I believe it's Northolt familes day today, IIRC, there was due to be a Harrier, a couple of Tonka's and BBMF participation of some degree amongst other's, don't think there was any US participation though.

fantaman
11th Jun 2006, 06:21
Hello All,

Yesterday it was the Northolt family's day. Today it is the Northolt Photocall which will see around 400 members of the public come on to camp and photograph the aircraft. At the moment we have raised around £5000 for the station charities fund but hope to increase that today with other sales.

Philip Dawe, who has organised most of it, has brought in some fantastic aircraft from all over Europe.

RAF Beech King Air
ETPS Beagle Basset
RAF (Martin Baker) Meteor
AAC Islander AL1
German Army BO-105 (x3)
German Army UH-1 Huey
RAF Puma
RAF Hawk T.Mk.1
RAF Tornado GR4 (x2)
RAF Tornado F3 (x2)
Irish Air Corps LearJet
Royal Flight Agusta A109 Power
Royal Flight BAe 125
And a few more!

We did try to get an American Navy Hornet from Lossiemouth, but unfortunately we were a bit late with our request. Anyway, hope everyone that attends has a good day and is generous with their donations! :ok: