PDA

View Full Version : DEFTS for the FI

buster172
7th Jun 2006, 17:10
Hi,

I would be really interested to hear from anyone who has trained with DEFTS for the FI rating. I’m seriously considering them, pretty impressed with the aircraft and instructors backgrounds etc.

Just wondered about personal experience and the military background as opposed to a commercial school.

Pm if you wish.

Regards,

Buster

18greens
7th Jun 2006, 19:54
Go there, check your PMs.

badgerpuppy
13th Jun 2006, 03:20
Dude,

Did my FIC there some time ago now. Since then have operated in many different capacities within the industry and as a result have completed many courses, single pilot, multi pilot, european work, long haul, but have never ever ever been so well prepared for any test or job at any point in my career before and since. The flying is very physical and highly accuarate, they don't accept any rubbish. You will be taught how to brief PROPERLY, including good use of colour, straight lines, facing the students when you are talking, facilitation, etc. The course material is comprehensive as it is the same stuff which is issued to the guys going through the standards department. All the guys there were approachable and were ready to help, the chief pilot TW if he is still there is well worth listening to. You will probably have an instructor assigned to you for the duration, rather than some guy at some pokey airfield who flies for an airline and can't spare the time.

If you want to be a good instructor, not just chaff from another moneygrabber, this is the real deal. It IS hard work, it IS fun and it IS well worth it! You will feel ten feet tall when you walk out of the gates at the end.

Honestly, not a bad way to start a career. (if that is what you are doing).

Good Luck.

BP.

pillarbox
6th Jul 2006, 19:58
01400 231231 for the Chief Pilot

buster172
6th Jul 2006, 23:35
Badgerpuppy, pillar box,

Thank you for your posts.

Badgerpuppy I'm sorry this has taken so long, i do appreciate you taking the time to reply. Your post said it all really. That is everything I want to be and it is the start of a career. At the moment I am looking into all possibilities but its looking ever so more likely I will be doing the FI in the next month or so.

I can’t think of a better place to do it now after the messages and Pm's I have received. Interesting to note how the training really stood out for you and Id like to take advantage of that whilst I’m still fresh and haven’t developed to many bad habits 

Many thanks for your time.

Kind regards,

Buster172