PDA

View Full Version : JAA approved testing officer for aus

jaa
6th Jun 2006, 11:37
I am cuurently underway in the conversion stakes for the jaa license in australia with the 14 exams required. It seems that at this stage there are no approved jaa testing officers in australia which means that the conversion has to be done for the cpl back in the uk.
If a approved testing officer for a jaa was to do the cpl conversion test out here in would that still mean a UK class one medical is required in order to sit the test or could this be done on australian medical certificate due to the fact that priviledges of cpl UK would not be carried out.
If anyone knows of a jaa approved testing officer that would be able to deal with this I would be very interested in hearing

pomme pilot
7th Jun 2006, 21:09
Not 100% sure on the full deal, but I know the Western Australian Aviation College in Jandakot has just started JAA training, including integrated course, so am hoping they would have a testing officer. Give em a call.
In regards to the medical, as far as I aware (please correct me if I am wrong) you have to do the initial medical conversion in the UK (a scaled down initial for ICAO class 1 holders). And again, correct me if I'm wrong, but I am under the impression that this does have to be a JAA medical in order to sit the CPL test. I've found the CAA quite helpful, so maybe contact them.
PP

Whopity
8th Jun 2006, 01:56
In order to convert an ICAO licence to a JAA licence you will have to attend a JAA approved FTO. When they have issued you with a F170A to take the Skill Test, they should then arrange the test with a CAA Examiner. Mike Gill is currently resident in Australia (Adelaide) and is an authorised CAA CPL Examiner. The FTO will know how to arrange the test.