PDA

View Full Version : ANO jurisdiction limits?

IO540
5th Jun 2006, 09:07
Does "UK airspace" (or whatever the ANO refers to, implicitly in say Article 140) apply to the UK FIR, including the Channel Isles, the Isle of Man and N Ireland? Or are the CI and the IOM excluded?

I know Jersey has its own "ANO" but I don't think the IOM has one.

PPRuNe Radar
5th Jun 2006, 12:00
The Isle of Man is not bound by the UK ANO, but by the Tynwald Airports and Civil Aviation Act. It is broadly similar, and also rubber stamped by Queen Betty :ok:

Their Act also gives them the right to modify any legislation enforced on the UK by European law. Clever chaps, the Manxmen ;)

bookworm
5th Jun 2006, 12:30
Hmm. So I wonder what "The Islands" are going to do when EASA takes over Ops and Licensing...

'Chuffer' Dandridge
5th Jun 2006, 18:18
I heared than one ex-CAA guy has gone to the IoM with a view to setting up IoM's own CofA licensing regime.

'Tis true. A guy from the CAAs Flight Ops Dept now heads up the IOM CAA (or equivalent).

Whopity
6th Jun 2006, 03:46
Hmm. So I wonder what "The Islands" are going to do when EASA takes over Ops and Licensing...

As the CI are not in the EU they probably won't give a damm!

Lister Noble
6th Jun 2006, 08:03
I've just checked, and the CI are not part of the EU or UK, but are part of the British Isles.
Could be a great place to live and fly!
Lister:)

IO540
6th Jun 2006, 15:15
The CI and the IOM are indeed great bastions of aviation freedom, and no doubt they will safeguard this, but if you live there you have to put up with very little genetic diversity :O

Jodelman
6th Jun 2006, 20:22
and also rubber stamped by Queen Betty

Actually, the Lord of Man does the rubber stamping - same person, different name!!

PPRuNe Radar
7th Jun 2006, 00:41
The CIA says she is the Lord of Mann. Not sure whose spelling is right ;)

Whatever, the islanders still seem to need to grovel though :(

''Signed in Tynwald: 10th July 2001
Received Royal Assent: 10th July 2001
Announced to Tynwald: 11th July 2001
Passed: 11th July 2001

AN ACT

to provide for the application to the Isle of Man of European Community instruments relating to civil aviation

WE, your Majesty's most dutiful and loyal subjects, the Council and Keys of the said Isle, do humbly beseech your Majesty that it may be enacted, and be it enacted, by the Queen?s Most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Council and Keys in Tynwald assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows (that is to say):''

Humaround
7th Jun 2006, 08:31
What's the situation for the Scilly Isles? Is it similar to CI or is it part of the UK?
Specifically, am I obliged to file a Flight plan if I fly there?
Thanks

IO540
7th Jun 2006, 08:33
No FP required for Scillys, though you might like to file one for rescue purposes owing to the sea crossing.

AFAIK Scillys are fully a part of the UK, with no concessions apart from apparently not needing an MOT for their cars :)