PDA

View Full Version : I'm Italian-american citizen with a candian wife...

Aussie_Pilot
3rd Jun 2006, 09:15
....and i'm earing an AUSTRALIAN CPL + ATPL Frozen in Brisbane

will i have change to join a Canadian Airline one day?

I love Canada is my favourite ountry and i'd really like to live there for a while...

thanks..

saudipc-9
3rd Jun 2006, 13:50
Aussie,
I see you live in Brisbane, great city I went there a couple of years ago. As you have a Canadian wife she can sponsor you to come to Canada. It costs about $3000. I know this because I sponsored my American wife. Crazy that it costs that much and she was not entitled to free medical care nor could she work until the process was finished. However, if you are a refugee you can do both right away, f%@king bollocks if you ask me. I digress!
The process will take about a year and then you are off to the races and can apply to fly at any Canadian airline.
My question is why leave Oz? I loved it there.

Cheers

fourplay
3rd Jun 2006, 21:16
Bellino... Sorry to hear you want to leave BNE for Canada.

Unusual, however I am sure you have your reasons.

in bocca di lupo (Best of luck), hope its the right decision.

Bracing for the barrage of Canadians to bash me now... wait for it

Canadian Beech
4th Jun 2006, 00:30
FOGGGGEDABOUDIT.;)

6000PIC
4th Jun 2006, 18:33
...greatest country in the world , go for it... we apologize about the neighbours in advance...

Aussie_Pilot
5th Jun 2006, 09:51
Women make men crazy... that's the main reason...

the second reason is that is preety impossible to get a permanent visa in Brisbane...

if i divoreced and i get an aussie wife i will review my plans but for now... :(

anway thanks for advise to everybody

Best of luck to everybody

See 'ya

halfhardt-6
7th Jun 2006, 01:29
My wife she is dead......she died in an accident...... in a field........but ees OK I have a new wife!

flyboyike
7th Jun 2006, 01:34
in bocca di lupo...

Crepi il lupo!

sec 3
7th Jun 2006, 05:06
Was born and raised in your country and if I never set foot there again, I wouldn't shed a tear. The only thing you hear about canada on the other side of the world is you embrace gay marriage and YYZ is the most expensive airport to land at along with being one of the most inefficient in the world.Not to mention being one of the highest taxed populations in the world.For what? The great health care system? where you sit and wait for hours,in some instances days in the emerg waiting for treatment? Or waiting months, or years for life saving operations? It's a beautiful place with great people from coast to coast, but having travelled extensively on the other side of the world, I can easily say your country is far from being the best country in the world to live in:cool:

UB6IB9
7th Jun 2006, 14:54
ma che kazo....i have an even better idea. why don't you mosy on over to the EU and live la dolce vita in bella italia. beautiful weather, beautiful wine and most importantly beautiful women.

cheers

flyboyike
7th Jun 2006, 19:42
live la dolce vita in bella italia. beautiful weather, beautiful wine and most importantly beautiful women.

Veramente, perche no?

saudipc-9
7th Jun 2006, 22:24
Sec3,
Don't worry we won't shed a tear if you don't set foot here again:ok: Just curious as to where you believe the best place is in the world? UAE? I think not.
Cheers

brucelee
8th Jun 2006, 00:56
Wow. This forum is just full of great advice. Aussie pilot take my advice, stay where you are or go back to the Bel Paese, the best there is, period.:ok:

sec 3
9th Jun 2006, 08:33
Not a chance,not even close, I just work here:cool:

alghaita ganga
9th Jun 2006, 23:39
Burkina Faso, low tax, beautiful women, friendly people, lovely country, hot sunshine. OK, some problem, but no like Canada or Australia. Come and visit us. Ouagadougou or Bobo Dioulasso have plenty going even for American or European.

saudipc-9
10th Jun 2006, 15:51
Sec3, so the best place would be???

ea340
10th Jun 2006, 18:42
Saudipc-9
Born and raised in Quebec lived in four provinces and traveled the world and Canada for almost 40 years. I do admit not to ever being in Africa. Most of what Canadians are proud of health care, standard of living, education, peace keeping ,and low crime rate have been sliding for 30 years . Housing is cheap this is offset by high taxes. If you were starting off today most places in the western world be at least as good and most better. As usual the better educated are leaving for greener pastures. On July 1 st you will find thousands of Canadians at the Maple Leaf pub in London who think the UK is the answer . I remember a time the Brits came to Canada for a better life this is no longer true. In fact almost no immigrants from the western world anymore I'am afraid that says it all.

click
10th Jun 2006, 20:44
sec 3 you mentioned 'your' country several times. Which, pray tell, passport are you travelling on so extensively? I've got two and I can tell you which one is held in the highest esteem and regard. It's the one that stands for freedom. I escaped from communism in the 70's as a little kid. Canada gave us our home. It gave us a chance, I proudly became a Canadian. You had the lucky stars to be born here, I made a choice. Despite all the things you mentioned it's still the best country in the world and this July 1st, I will take out my Canadian flag lawnchair and pin the flag on the window. Some things have changed in the last 30 years, that's true, but it's a worldwide phenomenon. I doubt that there is a country on this planet that doesn't have a problem with the medical system and the pension system. It's the penalty we have to pay for progress. Perhaps it's the penalty for having a democratic form of government, I don't know. What I do know is that I will always be a Canadian, if not by birth, then by choice.
click

ea340
10th Jun 2006, 21:37
Click
I notice you still carry 2 passports I guess you are not that commited . Wife relatives escaped in the 60's when it could cost you your life as you know they only carry one passport . Canada has become a country of conveince for to many immigrants to this country. Get arrested back home all of a sudden you are a Canadian. Canada is not a bad place to live but it's glory days were in he 50's and 60's .

saudipc-9
10th Jun 2006, 22:02
I have travelled extensively including having been in Africa. Most places that I have been to have characteristics that I very much enjoyed which includes Saudi Arabia. What I have also found during my travels is that often the grass is not greener on the other side of the riverbank. A lot of folks who think that the country that they left sucks do so because an opportunity has presented itself somewhere else. They don't see the good only the bad. Canada does not have all the answers I know that and I also know that a lot of other countries don't either. For a country that has it supposed hay day in the 50's and 60's the United Nations seems to think differently given that Canada was chosen as being the number 1 country to live in for so many years.

ea340
10th Jun 2006, 22:30
Saudipc-9
You have traveled to extensively to take the UN survey to seriously . Canada is a safe country with declining standard of living compared to other 1st world countries . Yes the NDP is right there is more poverty in Canada which what you would expect from a declining standard of living . 1st and 2nd world immigrants tend not to come to Canada because they understand this. Immigrants maintain 2 passports to leave when it suits them . If Canada is so great why have 2 passports . There was a time when people around the world repected and liked Canadians now they like Canadians. and yes a Canadian passport is well received.

saudipc-9
11th Jun 2006, 19:10
Canada is a safe country with declining standard of living compared to other 1st world countries
Eh? Well if living here is a declining standard of living then I'll take it. I don't really see what is declining.
You are also making a play on the two-passport thing. So what if people maintain two passports. I really do not believe it is so that they may leave but because they can do so legally. I fly with a great many different NATO and non NATO pilots and almost without exception they would happily move here because when compared to their home countries they say living in Canada offers a superior standard of living. I also work with at least 6 ex-RAF officers who have come to Canada in the past 5 years to work so it cannot be too bad.
The UN survey has long been used as a measurement of the standard of living in the world and I see no reason to ignore it unless you can offer something else to prove that it is flawed.
Canada is and will remain for the foreseeable future a great place to live and raise children and I still don't see anyone on this thread offering a viable alternative. All I see are folks trying to put down Canada. Well prove to me that there are better options. Is the glass half empty or half full?

ea340
11th Jun 2006, 21:08
Saudipc-9
In the end if you are happy that is all that counts.Canada is an easy comfortable place to live just dont get sick . As for second passports they are nothing more than lifeboats never know when the illusion will vanish. Nato and Canada now there is a good example of Canada in action. I do remember a time when the army had tanks,the navy had subs and the C 130's were new, well better not go there. Good luck :ok: Over and out

click
11th Jun 2006, 22:28
I carry two passports because I wouldn't get a job otherwise. So the big question is do I stay abroad in a job I love in a country that I couldn't care less if it disappeared off the face of the earth, or do I move back to Canada and start humping freight off a 53' trailer because it'll take me decades to land the coveted job? The way I see it is that successive waves of left wing commie tree huggers decimated Canadian aviation. It'll take years to undo the damage that NDP and Liberal governments caused. In the meantime, I've got a family to feed and a job to go to, unfortunately both of these are 6000 km away from the place I'd like to be.

Heli-Jet
12th Jun 2006, 14:40
Hope you know somebody in the industry in Canada, if not you are going to have a tough time getting a break.

You can visit Canada with your wife and then just stay, apply from within Canada on humanitarian grounds. Then do your license conversion while you are waiting. This way you will see how difficult it is to get a job:ugh:

Why don't you get a job in the USA, more opportuinities there. Have a greaaat day

Aussie_Pilot
15th Jun 2006, 13:26
Was born and raised in your country and if I never set foot there again, I wouldn't shed a tear. The only thing you hear about canada on the other side of the world is you embrace gay marriage and YYZ is the most expensive airport to land at along with being one of the most inefficient in the world.Not to mention being one of the highest taxed populations in the world.For what? The great health care system? where you sit and wait for hours,in some instances days in the emerg waiting for treatment? Or waiting months, or years for life saving operations? It's a beautiful place with great people from coast to coast, but having travelled extensively on the other side of the world, I can easily say your country is far from being the best country in the world to live in:cool:

What do you meain with my country... The country where i was born ( USA) the country where i grew up (ITALY) or the country where i'm leaving currentrly eventrough i'm oversea at moment ( AUSTRALIA) ?
wich one you think is the best??

whatever if you complain about Canada... what can you do if you lived in Italy???

Aussie_Pilot
15th Jun 2006, 13:29
Hope you know somebody in the industry in Canada, if not you are going to have a tough time getting a break.

You can visit Canada with your wife and then just stay, apply from within Canada on humanitarian grounds. Then do your license conversion while you are waiting. This way you will see how difficult it is to get a job:ugh:

Why don't you get a job in the USA, more opportuinities there. Have a greaaat day

Could be possible to get a job for an us-airline, ( in this case i will need a FAA conversion) and live in Canada??

Ready
15th Jun 2006, 15:18
Canada the best place to live!
Yes if you're immigrants who do not want to really become Canadians, they'll change the laws or invent a new one just to please you.
You've been paying taxes all your life, canadian born; you don't get what you're paying for. People come and only take what they like and the rest they spit on it and we keep on paying. Things immigrants don't like, they take it all the way to the supreme court of Canada and will win, free of charge.
Sorry it's the hard reality (for some of us anyway).

MercenaryAli
15th Jun 2006, 19:43
like that here in England - if your are English, white male Christian and honest be careful you are being watched! Any others - can do as they like! We call it PC

Aussie_Pilot
15th Jun 2006, 20:46
Canada the best place to live!
Yes if you're immigrants who do not want to really become Canadians, they'll change the laws or invent a new one just to please you.
You've been paying taxes all your life, canadian born; you don't get what you're paying for. People come and only take what they like and the rest they spit on it and we keep on paying. Things immigrants don't like, they take it all the way to the supreme court of Canada and will win, free of charge.
Sorry it's the hard reality (for some of us anyway).

Every Year some cultural association made a standing about the best city to live in the world... in 2004 Melbourne won the award in the 2005 Vancourer has elected as best town...whatever in the first 10 position we have about 4 Canadaian and 4 Australian cities... that means that Ozland and Canada are maybe the best country to live

sec 3
16th Jun 2006, 04:10
ea340,Ready and myself are only expressing our opinions on things we have seen and experienced. The people who choose which cities and countries " are the best to live in" probably don't spend a whole lot of time in these places.I spent most of my life in canada so I think my views are just as valid as anyone elses. The only way to really find out is to go there,live there for a few years and then you can make an honest evaluation. The things I experienced in canada make me NOT "a proud canadian". Anyway, happy flying!:)

pitotman
20th Jun 2006, 22:17
Hmm,

I can't remember where I read it but it was only a month ago that Vancouver was the No3 place in the world to live..........

Me thinks the other two cities were nice but yvr to me it the N0 1 with sydney being a very distant number 2

Me 2 cents worth...........

pitot