PDA

View Full Version : Fuel at Islay ?

FullyFlapped
1st Jun 2006, 17:35
I will of course check by phone in due course, but just wondered in the meantime if there is anyone on here who knows if there's AVGAS to be had at Islay (EGPI) ?

Cheers,

FF :ok:

BigStu
1st Jun 2006, 19:32
Unfortunatey not, but don't let that put you off a visit, assuming you'v never been. It's a fantastic place to go and plenty of first class food & drink and very friendly people, although I'm biased being Scottish myself.

I was there 5 or 6 times last year and used Prestwick as a fuel stop which was more or less on my route anyway. Landing at Prestwick is only £12 for a light single if you use the Prestwick Flight Centre, which itself is a very friendly and hospitable place.

Cheers
Stu.

PH-UKU
1st Jun 2006, 20:52
Actually there is fuel at Islay. Got some last month, think I paid aboot £1.25 litre + vat. But while you're in the area, why not venture 25 minutes up the coast to Oban and get fuel there ? Think it's about £1.15 litre +vat. Prestwick is aboot £1.23 +vat at the moment.

And then, after Oban, you could drop into Mull and get some of Brendan and Alison bambi-burgers !! :ok: :ok:

BigStu
1st Jun 2006, 21:08
I stand humbly corrected.

eharding
1st Jun 2006, 23:57
There was still some there last weekend - unless we drank it all.... but we did bring 3 Yaks. Best phone to make sure.

FullyFlapped
2nd Jun 2006, 07:48
Cheers all !

FF :ok:

mok air
19th Jun 2006, 09:17
Been at Islay a few times lately & can confirm they have fuel, incedentally Campbeltown also now has fuel, HIAL must be expanding to serve its customers better!

DRJAD
19th Jun 2006, 09:38
Yes, AVGAS by bowser.

When we went there a couple of weeks ago the bowser team that day was being trained in its operation, and great care was taken to ensure that what I wanted, and what I got, was 100LL. Most impressive care all round.