PDA

View Full Version : Which forum?

foxmoth
1st Jun 2006, 09:42
I have noticed an increasing trend for subjects that IMHO should not be in the Instructors & Examiners forum - the latest being a request for 737 FOM - hardly standard for most members of this forum, also a lot of student requests for help which I would have thought hardly comes under A place for instructors to communicate with one another.
Just wonder how others feel on this

BigEndBob
1st Jun 2006, 17:29
The FOM is a bit over the top, but i don't think there is a problem a layman, student or pilot asking for a question to be answered or problem solved.

I remember asking a CAA examiner when i did my IR test why the CAA didn't produce a standards document regard hold pattern timings, etc.

Is reply was "your flight school should know what is required of the test by now".

Which to say the least was a really useful reply, when there was three methods being taught at the school i attended.
I learnt a lot by listening to a rather loud CAA examiner revalidating some sim. instructors in a nearby classroom, thinking why the CAA couldn't give a mass brief to a whole room full of candidates, to get the story straight instead of hearing it second or third hand.

Wee Weasley Welshman
2nd Jun 2006, 07:27
Well to be honest I'm glad for any traffic we can get through this forum.

This is one of the wmost underperforming forums on PPRuNe and as such is always under threat of being chopped. Bandwidth and strorage space costs money and forums have to pull their weight. A year or so ago this place had virtual cobwebs in it.

I am pleased to see that things have picked up a bit. When it was created I thought it would be a vibrant forum. The world of flying instruction and schools is an incestuous whirlpool of rumour, gossip and bitchiness. Doesn't seem to have translated so much to cyberspace.

It doesn't take much to get a forum buzzing. A concerted effort by a dozen users to make at least one interesting, detailed or controversial post a week for a month or two would draw in many more to debates. In no time the place is buzzing and the Moderators struggle to keep up!

Come on - give us more work.

Cheers

Johe02
2nd Jun 2006, 09:00
:D Good point. .

homeguard
2nd Jun 2006, 09:26
I would of thought that for a student or PPL who was struggling to understand or perform the Instructor forum is an ideal place to ask a question.