PDA

View Full Version : Overseas testing costs

ASIAN FROG
31st May 2006, 05:27
Working on a business plan:
Can somebody provides the costs of overseas testing?
How much costs the overseas flight & ground testing?
Contact with the association of Flight examiners ?
average estimated cost of testing per cadet?
Thank you

Whopity
1st Jun 2006, 10:30
Testing for What? Unless you say precisely what you want, the answers will be wide and various and probably of little use.

Which exams?
By Which State?
Where?
How Many?
How often?

ASIAN FROG
1st Jun 2006, 10:54
Yes I am sorry I have not given the scheme. It is about JAR when the Training is made overseas. I can have the theoretical exams costs on UK CAA website. But for the flying test (CPL), what is the situation?
For example JAR CPL flight tests in Florida by UK examiner, in average how much do you charge for a batch of 20 students? Have you JAR local examiners in US?

Keygrip
1st Jun 2006, 11:57
The short answer is "Yes" - there are UK examiners available in Florida - and rest of USA.

However, the charges are levied by the CAA, not by the examiner - so the current answer to your specific question of "How much for a CPL skill test" is the going rate as published by the CAA - so GB£691.

Depending on location, there may be local travel costs (unless the test candidates position the aircraft to the test venue).

Whopity
1st Jun 2006, 21:41
JAA Charges will also vary from State to State. The UK recovers all its costs, other States may charge quite different fees.

Keygrip
1st Jun 2006, 23:04
Actually, the costs are like fuel planning, the UK covers the costs of what you do yourself, plus a bit of the costs of something completely different, plus a bit for mum and dad, plus reserves, plus 10%.

The only thing "user fees" don't get you in the CAA are the same discounts on meals in the restaurant.

BillieBob
1st Jun 2006, 23:14
Come on, Keygrip - surely you can get a free meal in the Belgrano? With your contacts? I certainly can.