PDA

View Full Version : How to convert non-JAA FI to JAA FI

v6g
30th May 2006, 20:35
What is the process of converting a non-JAA (specifically, in my case: Canadian) instructor rating to a JAA one?

I fully understand the process of converting the CPL to a JAA fATPL but cannot find out how to convert the instructor rating.

Any ideas? Has anybody on here completed this process? Or do I have to do all the training over again.

Does the number of hours spent instructing have any effect on the process?

Thanks all.

WrongWayCorrigan
31st May 2006, 09:55
I think you have to do the full course, as I believe is also the case when converting to a Canadian FI.

flyndad
31st May 2006, 17:48
JAA CPL exams, Commercial training at the discretion of the training unit. 15 hrs Instructor training. Hope this assists.

BillieBob
31st May 2006, 21:53
....15 hrs Instructor training.Not correct! The JAR-FCL requirement is to complete the approved relevant course of training, which, for a FI(A) is the course described at JAR-FCL 1.340 (i.e. 125 hours ground training and 30 hours flight training). However, to quote Appendix 1 to JAR-FCL 1.300 - "The course may be modified, as approved by the Authority, taking into account the previous training and the experience of the applicant, but shall comprise at least 30 hours of ground instruction and 15 hours of dual flight instruction." It should not be assumed, therefore, that only 15 hours of flight training will be required.