PDA

View Full Version : Car Park 'X' Gatwick directions?

VC10L1011
30th May 2006, 16:35
Hi There,
Can anyone direct me to car park X for BAA parking passes at Gatwick?
Thanks
VC10

aw8565
30th May 2006, 16:56
Can tell you where X is but unless you already have a pass from the ID center they wont let you in....

Depends where you're coming from I guess but from M23 you want to come off the Gatwick exit and head towards North terminal.

At North Terminal Roundabout turn right I think towards Horsham. The road then bares left to join a dual carrigeway.

Onto the dual carriagway for about a 1/4 mile to a small traffic light controlled roundabout. Here you want to literally turn around and go in the opposite direction on the same dual carrigeway you just drove on.

After 1/2 mile the carriageway bares right and goes under the airport South terminal. Keep going about another 1/4 mile to....

...some traffic lights. Through them aiming to turn right at the approaching roundabout (50 yards). Last exit right from roundabout (look for black and white crash barrier from memory) and then FIRST LEFT takes you onto the Southern Perimeter Road. IF you missed this first left turn you would arrive at the South Terminal tunnel which is closed so you'll just turn around and go back.

Speed humps are pretty evil and many cars opt for center of road driving so be careful. Occasional speed traps also. This road becomes long and straight after passing the hangers. On your right is the runway. X car park is one on the left but is the SECOND entrance I believe (there is a small blue sign up a lampost at the entrance saying 'X'.)

Once you eventually find a space REMEMBER ITS LOCATION!!! and head for one of the bus stops. There is a push button that opens the gate and you'll have to swip your pass to get back in.... easy! Look at the front of the bus to make sure it says where you want to go. South or North I think.

Hope this helps
PM me if required.
Andy