PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft lavatories

cornwallis
30th May 2006, 09:52
What,if any,are the Health and Safety rules governing aircraft lavatories?I currently fly an aircraft that has the old style flushing type.They are right behind the flightdeck and they use "blueloo" to flush.The blueloo becomes diluted through use by urine etc so that by the end of a 5hr flight it is using urine as a flush agent with little of the blueloo left!The stench is also very unpleasant!Just how unhealthy is this? Dueto excessive use they can also overflow!Comments please.:eek:

Rainboe
30th May 2006, 10:01
Moe unpleasant than anything else. Urine actually is fairly clean and sterile biologically. It just smells. This is the situation in most longhaul flights, but the overflowing is not nice. I'm afraid it is a hazard we all encounter in mens public toilets, where dripping is common. Some people were never taught properly how to use them- it's all their mums' faults!

PENKO
30th May 2006, 10:24
I can accept that urine is sterile (and good for washing your clothes), but I am sure there is some other diluted stuff in that blue-green mixture!

cornwallis
30th May 2006, 21:16
I was thinking more of the faecal matter in solution in the urine.There must be some rules about aircraft lavatories.

Rainboe
31st May 2006, 07:39
I have a question- why is the honey wagon driver the only person around the aeroplane doing servicing on it the only one who is all smiles and happy and singing to himself, and greets you with a merry 'good morning' on your walkaround? Either he's:
Punchdrunk from the fumes
Very highly paid
Enjoying his job quite genuinly!
It's always been a mystery to me. Must be something about dropping the toilets that rings their bell!

Techman
31st May 2006, 08:07
You should carry additional bags of the blue stuff onboard. It comes in small sachets that can be dropped down the ****echute, when required.

vincent van gogh
31st May 2006, 08:43
hello,

only one solution to the problem......Service them every other flight.
5 flights in a row is to long if you ask me.
On our airline I think the shorthaul flights all get their service back at base on the return flight.
if not you should ask the onroute station to do the service.

rgds Vince