PDA

View Full Version : ICAO Aircraft Accident Digests

Centaurus
29th May 2006, 11:09
For many years since the Fifties or even earlier, ICAO published selected special interest aircraft accident reports usually grouped in a yearly (?) publication called ICAO Aircraft Accident Digest. I still have Digest No 20 (date 1974) and No 24. They were termed ICAO Circulars with Digest No 24 for example officially called Circular 166-AN/105.

There is a gold mine of flight safety lessons in these publications and I was wondering if ICAO still publish them and if so who to contact and whether it is possible to obtain back copies? In particular I would like to pick up a copy of ICAO Circular 18-AN/15 in which at pages 35-42 is the description of the accident to a KLM Constellation at Bombay in July 1949 and which is referred to in another post on this forum. Any advice greatly appreciated

Jed A1
29th May 2006, 12:08
Try here:

http://icaodsu.openface.ca/groupBrowse.ch2?DocSectionID=26

Centaurus
29th May 2006, 12:29
Jed-A1. Thanks for your reply. I had a look and bloody hell they are expensive! Looks like none of the old ones available though. The link you supplied is handy so I have sent off a letter asking about back copies.

jabberwok
30th May 2006, 03:00
I agree - these volumes were a very good source of information. I still have about a dozen of them but the last one I received is many years old now - I think No.24.