PDA

View Full Version : Need to review FAR PPL!!

Angelwingsbroken
29th May 2006, 06:05
Hello,
I'd like some advice please. I have my PPL but have not flown for more than a year!:sad: I know I'll have to take some ground school and do flight hours before they'll let me be PIC but I wanted to start reviewing before having to take hundreds of expensive ground school hours. Would anyone know of any websites hosting review programs for PPL or can you maybe recommend some software and/or books?:confused: Thanks! :O

Chilli Monster
29th May 2006, 08:00
Register with Sportys (http://www.sportys.com) (free) and use the online PPL test prep - much the same as the exam you would have done originally but a good way to revise the info.

172driver
29th May 2006, 08:15
Angelwings,

From where you are (US) I imagine you hold an FAA PPL. In this case you need do nothing if you haven't flown for one year. You have to do a biannual flight review (BFR) every other year. At the moment, the only thing you cannot do is carry pax before having completed 3 landings (T&Gs day, full-stop night).

That said, after a lengthy time away from airplanes it is ALWAYS a good idea to revise your knowledge and go up with an instructor or safety pilot for the first couple of hours.

HTH

Angelwingsbroken
30th May 2006, 19:43
Alright, many thanks! I'll join and review. I know that right now I only require the 3 landings, but I still would like to go over things with an instructor before, just to make sure you know? :O Anyway, thanks for the help!