PDA

View Full Version : Letter received by Ex RAF Flight Instructor

Hummingfrog
28th May 2006, 20:19
My 85 Yr old Father recently received this letter along with a copy of the Airspeed Oxford's Pilots notes. Should he reply as he is keen to help the RAF he served during the war:D

Room KOG1945
MOD Main Building
Whitehall
London
SW1A 1XX

020 7218 0104

Mar 06

Dear Flt Lt D*******

RECALL OF RAF PILOTS TO ALLOW FRONTLINE PILOTS TO RETURN TO OPS.

1. To allow our experienced pilots to return to the frontline Prime Minister Blair has decided to make use of all available ex RAF pilots.

2. Due to a recent find of Airspeed Oxfords in a Hangar in Scotland you were identified as a suitably qualified Oxford Pilot who could be used to train a new batch of RAF multi-engine pilots.

3. A copy of Oxford Pilot’s notes is enclosed. Please learn before reporting for duty.

4. Would you please fill in the questionnaire below to confirm your medical details:-

a. Can you touch your toes (Ex naval personnel needn’t answer this as it is assumed that they can and have)?
b. Can you last at least 2hrs without spending a penny?
c. Can you differentiate between a single and double decker bus at 25 metres?
d. When telling a story can you still remember the beginning as you reach the end?
e. Are most of your limbs your own (up to one may be missing)?

5. Once you return this questionnaire joining instructions will be sent to you.

6. As you draw a pension this will be used as your pay as Gordon Brown has to rationalise the Defence Budget.

Your Obedient Servant

AVM “Noddy” Head
OIC KOG Detachments

Art Field
28th May 2006, 20:50
Dear Air Marshal Head,

In answer to your queries:-
a. No, I do not see them very often.
b. 2 whole hours?.
c. What bus?.
d. I can't often remember the beginning when I reach the beginning.
e. I have all my limbs but seem to have little control over them.

I shall do my best in relation to the Oxford details but see d.

I will do all I can to follow the joining instructions but see b,c,d and e.

I shall however be proud to serve my country once more and await payment of my generous pension through your new super efficient administration system I have read so much about.

Yours aye, Trevor F****d, Wg Cdr, KOS, RAF un rtd.