PDA

View Full Version : Da42 kneeboards... am I missing something?

OneIn60rule
28th May 2006, 13:28
So, now this great plastic machine has arrived, has anyone figured out what sort of kneeboard to use with it?? (bearing in mind it's got a center stick in your crotch area).

Keygrip
28th May 2006, 15:04
Yep - a battle I've already endured with the Can of Tuna (officially pronounced Katana) and the ARV Super2. Same reasons.

YYZ
28th May 2006, 18:07
I'm using a single leg one, a "strap on" if you fancy calling it that:O

YYZ

AppleMacster
28th May 2006, 21:14
I designed a plog to use for my IR test in the DA42, which you might find useful. It fits a small "single" kneeboard. I laminated mine, which worked great between flights.
You can get copies of it in Excel and pdf format here:

DA42 Files (http://homepage.mac.com/applemacster/DA42/FileSharing12.html)
You'll need a fine pen, if laminating the plog.

BitMoreRightRudder
30th May 2006, 13:52
Nice work Applemacster:ok:

Alternatively just get a drill (large diameter drill piece obviously), create a DA42 stick-shaped hole in the middle of your A4 kneeboard and away you go. Some would say it might cause you some restrictions with the amount of control input from the stick but that's the pessimistic outlook - on the plus side it would stop people overcontrolling the aircraft when chasing that sodding NDB needle.

Or you could use two A5 kneeboards - one per knee of course.

FlyingForFun
30th May 2006, 15:38
Never flown one, but I'd guess the same kneeboard would work as I've used for cross-country (and inter-country) touring in PA18s and Europas, and many other pilots have used in dozens if not hundreds of other types? Just about any A5 kneeboard which will clip onto one leg will do. Having a stick is hardly a new idea!

FFF
-------------

scameron77
30th May 2006, 20:11
I use this little bad boy:

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/pspages/9g_plus.php

Never had an issue with the DA-40 (same set up internally) as this kneeboard is tiny but very neat (that is in the British tidy sense and not the American cool way).

Don't know which UK suppliers do it, you'll have to visit the usual suspects websites.