PDA

View Full Version : RT Licence question

acuba 290
27th May 2006, 00:40
I would like to know something about RT exam. I f i do PPL exams, there is a exam "Communications". Is it a written test for RT-Licence or there must be another 8th written exam (if it 7x exams for PPL) for RT separatelly?
And how will be practical test made? With instructor simulating situations or on computer?
please explain, it is very interesting for me;)

Tim_donovan
27th May 2006, 01:58
Simulated RT with an Examiner and you have a RT Multiple Choice exam as well. As I seem to recall but some one else might be able to help!!!!!!!:confused:

acuba 290
27th May 2006, 02:00
but what the difference between RT written exam and "communication" part of PPL exams?

Tim_donovan
27th May 2006, 02:01
One is Oral the other is Written

acuba 290
27th May 2006, 02:21
as i understand both of them are written, because all 7 ppl exams are written and you say, that RT is also written and oral. So all together (JAR PPL + RT) must be 8 (7+1 for RT) and additional oral RT exam?

coodem
27th May 2006, 03:50
OK, Here we go

You have 7x written exams to do Airlaw, Met, Human factors, Aircraft performance, Aircraft general, RT and Nav

Then you have to do and 8th exam, this is however an oral exam, you are given a route, and basicly you have to talk your way through it. The examiner is the ATC, you are the pilot.

I suggest you do this exam right at the end, this way you will have loads more experience with RT

Barry Coomer
27th May 2006, 03:54
RT is a written (standard multi-choice type) exam and an oral/practical one.
You sit in a seperate sound-booth thingy and pretend to be talking to ATC, relay a mayday etc...
Quite a long process overall. Mine took place over two full (9am to 5pm) Sundays and then the practical took place on a saturday afternoon soon after.

acuba 290
27th May 2006, 04:19
OK, Here we go

You have 7x written exams to do Airlaw, Met, Human factors, Aircraft performance, Aircraft general, RT and Nav

Then you have to do and 8th exam, this is however an oral exam, you are given a route, and basicly you have to talk your way through it. The examiner is the ATC, you are the pilot.

I suggest you do this exam right at the end, this way you will have loads more experience with RT

ok, now i understand. so there is 7 written exams (incl. RT) and 1 oral(RT) before practical test. Roger

BEagle
27th May 2006, 07:06
No - as I explained before:

7 written exams: Air Law& Op Procedures, Human Performance, Navigation, Aircraft General & Principles of Flight, Meteorology, Flight Performance & Planning, Communications.

To add the FRTOL you will also need to take the RT practical test - this is conducted on a 1 to 1 basis with a RTF Examiner.

Suggest you read LASORS!

Lister Noble
27th May 2006, 07:43
I did 2x1 hour sessions with an instructor,then a 30 min refresher and exam, in all 3 hrs. Did this over 3 seperate days at Norwich airport which is just up the road and I had "homework" after the first 2 sessions.
Cost £15 per session plus exam fee (£40?) which I thought was good value.
If you are at a flying school,your CFI should be able to give you some guidance .

Eddie_Crane
27th May 2006, 18:57
Suggest you read LASORS!
most definitely