PDA

View Full Version : A bit familiar?

OCCWMF
26th May 2006, 07:59
http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/3905/tonka1xf.pngJust had a look at the new Tornado GR force badge - looks similar to another well known force badge. ;)

Bob Viking
26th May 2006, 10:56
It's a terrible thing.
BV:E

Jackonicko
26th May 2006, 11:12
Wannabes? (Emulating Has Beens?)

Coat, hat, I know the drill.....

D-IFF_ident
26th May 2006, 13:52
Yeah, it looks just like the '1000 hrs MTV badge' worn by holding officers in the 90s!

The Helpful Stacker
26th May 2006, 14:03
Yeah, it looks just like the '1000 hrs MTV badge' worn by holding officers in the 90s!

As well as SH force crews and 'wing mongs' ODing on tea and daytine TV at various Ulster dets.

rafloo
26th May 2006, 14:05
A quick ? for the RAF chaps. Are you gys allowed to wear badges such as this on your Flying Ovvies? Or is everything banned like in the RN ?

The Helpful Stacker
26th May 2006, 14:11
A quick ? for the RAF chaps. Are you gys allowed to wear badges such as this on your Flying Ovvies? Or is everything banned like in the RN ?

If I remember the dress regs correctly the flying suit may sport a name badge, a sqn badge and a type/hours on type badge.

The Helpful Stacker
26th May 2006, 14:13
http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=tbn:KYK9NY0kQ0RZ1M:http://www.planefacts.co.uk/patch/raf/thumbnails/jag_jpg.jpg
Spooky.
Must use the same tailor or something......

Wrathmonk
26th May 2006, 15:11
Its just to make all the ex Jag mates who only have a Tornado cockpit to look forward to (:E) feel "at home"! And will the GR4 force get the specially modified RAF black tie as well ...?

It could be worse .... the force badge could have been

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f386/Wrathmonk/NooneinNATO.jpg

... which when read by a non-english speaker reads as "No one in NATO"!

Given to all individuals on completion of TTTE (but only ever worn by Germans, Italians and TTTE instructors if memory serves me right).

passpartout
26th May 2006, 15:24
Is that for real?

And if so, does it mean the end of individual sqn badges? The jets are already pretty anonymous. Clearly, unit identity and cohesion has become anathema to the so-called 'leadership'

I know the RAF is run by the Jag mafia - but that really is taking the pi*s.

I know it's nothing in itself - absolute triv - but that would be just one more straw for the camel's back if I was forced to wear it.

Mmmmnice
27th May 2006, 13:03
Not sure about dress regs, but I find anything with Velcro sticks to my grobag - except when the squipper helpfully puts the furry stuff on the badges!!

Pristina
27th May 2006, 22:12
Is that for real?

And if so, does it mean the end of individual sqn badges? The jets are already pretty anonymous. Clearly, unit identity and cohesion has become anathema to the so-called 'leadership'

I know the RAF is run by the Jag mafia - but that really is taking the pi*s.

I know it's nothing in itself - absolute triv - but that would be just one more straw for the camel's back if I was forced to wear it.

Look at the Army regimental system under Jackson to see if they are really interested in Main building!:hmm:

Kim Il Jong
28th May 2006, 01:10
Are they gonna have really cool stuff at the bottom like:
500Hrs tornado (=I don't know my arse from my elbow)
1000Hrs tornado (=I should have had this many hours after my first tour not my third)
2000Hrs (=I'm PAS and I ain't gonna do any ****ty duties):E :E :E :E

bowly
28th May 2006, 12:24
No Tornado aircrew would EVER wear that badge. Made by a spotter.

Al Fresco
28th May 2006, 14:26
........heard last week from a very good source that badge will be the new GR4 badge to be worn by all TGRF aircrew!

bowly
29th May 2006, 16:41
I say again.......

Tombstone
29th May 2006, 16:46
........heard last week from a very good source that badge will be the new GR4 badge to be worn by all TGRF aircrew!
Just checking to see if I still have a hole in my arse...

Yep, still there. No chance.:=

Dogfish
29th May 2006, 16:57
Badges.........we don't need no stinking badges:D

OCCWMF
30th May 2006, 12:22
Apparently voted in by a narrow majority across the whole force. The Jag badge was designed to be 3 colour friendly - UK L-R RWB, Froggies BWR, Oman RWGreen, India ???, Ecuador ???. Wonder if the other operators of the land shark will adopt it with suitable colours? (Germany would be a challenge - black on black).

Confucius
30th May 2006, 13:14
If I remember the dress regs correctly the flying suit may sport a name badge, a sqn badge and a type/hours on type badge.

Pretty much true, but strangely enough I've never been involved in a crash despite wearing non-standard badges or T-shirts.

OCCWMF
30th May 2006, 17:01
But think about how disappointed your mother would be if you did and you hadn't adhered to dress regs:hmm:

endplay
31st May 2006, 09:20
Confucius, you said:

"Pretty much true, but strangely enough I've never been involved in a crash despite wearing non-standard badges or T-shirts"

An outrageous non sequitor. After all I've never crashed a computer whilst wearing an aqua lung so the solution to IT problems must be...?

Could this be a new slant on H&S at Work and would you advocate such sartorial freedom for all branches and trades or is this restricted to aircrew only? Perhaps we could run a competition?

Skunkerama
31st May 2006, 10:06
Pretty much true, but strangely enough I've never been involved in a crash despite wearing non-standard badges or T-shirts.

Blimey, you really know how to crush that slander regarding "civvies in uniform"

You are in the military, you have clothing and equipment issued to you so wear it and get used to wearing it. Thus if you need to be resupplied during operational circumstances, you will be able to operate at the same level as before.

Confucius
31st May 2006, 10:12
Confucius, you said:
"Pretty much true, but strangely enough I've never been involved in a crash despite wearing non-standard badges or T-shirts"
An outrageous non sequitor. After all I've never crashed a computer whilst wearing an aqua lung so the solution to IT problems must be...?

I think you're a little confused, perhaps a lot in fact. I did not suggest that wearing the non-issue/standard kit I mention solves problems, but it sure as hell doesn't create them, unless one counts irritating certain people's sensibilities, but I don't class that as a problem.

Blimey, you really know how to crush that slander regarding "civvies in uniform"

You are in the military, you have clothing and equipment issued to you so wear it and get used to wearing it. Thus if you need to be resupplied during operational circumstances, you will be able to operate at the same level as before.

It's exactly your kind of attitude that makes we wish to continue wearing non-standard T-shirts & badges. I heard inflexible humourless corporate clones like you existed, thankfully I can't count any as friends.

Logistics Loader
31st May 2006, 10:21
I guess all Tornado Drivers want to be Train drivers after attending TTTE school....

Thomas
The
Tank
Engine
school

Touch paper lit !!!!

foldingwings
31st May 2006, 10:32
Logistics Loader,

I guess all Tornado Drivers want to be Train drivers after attending TTTE school....

Thomas
The
Tank
Engine
school

Catch Up, old chap! The place closed years ago! Most who learned to fly the GR1 there are now behind desks or out!

Do sharpen up, blunty!

Logistics Loader
31st May 2006, 10:41
Sorry Ginger,

My t'internet is not that fast !!!

OCCWMF
1st Jun 2006, 08:36
All tornado drivers all want to be driving something else by the looks of the badge! :E

Bob Viking
1st Jun 2006, 09:07
What do GR4 pilots and Jaguar pilots have in common?
They all wanted to fly the Jaguar!

BV:E

stiknruda
1st Jun 2006, 09:52
Actually Bob, the ones that I've spoken to all seem to wantto fly the Hurricane and Spit:E :E

Stik

Skunkerama
1st Jun 2006, 10:03
It's exactly your kind of attitude that makes we wish to continue wearing non-standard T-shirts & badges. I heard inflexible humourless corporate clones like you existed, thankfully I can't count any as friends.

Wow I guess with your different T-shirst and cool badges you must be one wacky and zany character. How long have you been friends with Timmy Mallet?

If you don't like wearing a uniform then perhaps crop dusting is more your style?

OCCWMF
2nd Jun 2006, 08:38
stikn - not a lot of difference age wise;)

Rakshasa
2nd Jun 2006, 09:46
Actually Bob, the ones that I've spoken to all seem to wantto fly the Hurricane and Spit:E :E
Stik

And not that far out if you consider the BBMF! :E

bowly
2nd Jun 2006, 10:01
BV,

We all get what we want in the end. When do you start at Lossiemouth?:D

OCCWMF
6th Jun 2006, 17:03
After about 2 pints in the bar normally:} Truly he is evil.

Flt Lt Spry
7th Jun 2006, 20:01
Snot fair, no one liked my Tornado force badge idea:

http://img472.imageshack.us/img472/1324/toysrus9lw.jpg

Confucius
7th Jun 2006, 20:23
Could go for most of the RAFs fleet these days 'Spry.