PDA

View Full Version : Incident at Stapleford??

Meldrew
24th May 2006, 13:59
Passing Stapleford this afternoon, I notice the remains of a Cessna in the field short of rnwy 22. Could anyone enlighten me as to the incident?

tony norman
24th May 2006, 18:17
blimey - that cant be good! it's my local field.... i'll see if i can get some gen

Kolibear
25th May 2006, 08:55
in the field short of rnwy 22.

Isn't that where the travellers were camped?

tony norman
25th May 2006, 09:41
there is one a tad closer to the runway than that.... the travellers field is next to the motorway.... im not sure what the field next to the road is used for - i think it is a farmers field (sheep)

bilya
25th May 2006, 22:25
Plane was flying yesterday (Wednesday) in poor conditions... though within limits of C152. Instructor + student.

On finals, just after crossing the M25, it got a nasty windshear/rotor probably off the big hangars stupidly located right near the start of Runway 22. The gust turned the plane into a 90 degree bank. Instructor took over and managed to get the plane down in a relatively normal attitude. Both passengers walked away pretty unscathed (physically).

Plane is wrecked: wings both broken, fuselage broken about 2/3 of the way back, prop wrecked etc, undercarriage destroyed etc. But reassuring that both walked away...

About time that something is done about those hangars... but of course it won't be (because of the rental income).

TJF97
26th May 2006, 09:29
Who was the instructor?

What a/c?

TJF97