PDA

View Full Version : Embry-Riddle University Question

Alphopper
24th May 2006, 08:52
Hello to all.... just wondering if any PPRuner's have gone through the BSc program (at campus or just online) at ERAU? If so, how about sharing your experiences here online with us... a friend (pilot) of me is looking to enroll for the online degree program (ERAU: BSc in Professional Aeronautics).
Thankyou

100BMEP
17th Jun 2006, 22:53
Alp,
It is a great program. Expensive but worth every penny of it. I attended the off campus program in the 70's earning a BS in Profession Aviation. I am now in my 29th year at American Airlines :)
:ok:

skywerd
18th Jun 2006, 14:52
Hello Alphopper:
I am not an ERAU grad, but I fly with them all the time. I find that the ER grads are really sharp and very knowledgeable. The overall opinion of the industry at this point is that ERAU is very solid academically, but lacks a little something when it comes to the actual flying.
Additionally, a little heads-up here: When it comes to the younger ERAU grads, they are considered by some (most?) to be a little bit problematic. Attitude grande', but I attribute that as mostly a characteristic of being young, from families that can afford what they want when they want it and from hanging out on the beach wearing nothing but a Speedo and Ray Bans :\ .
Overall, like our friend has stated, a good product. These guys are everywhere and do a marvelous job in the long run. Just watch out for attitude...

100BMEP
18th Jun 2006, 15:55
Alp:
I agree with skywerd. I would suggest you only take the academics, not the flying portion. A lot of the grads I have flown with that went through the full program did have an attitude!