PDA

View Full Version : Airworthiness Directives

Readability5
23rd May 2006, 14:10
Does anyone know of a website where I can get back dated AD's?

I'm in a group that has recently bught a PA28 and can only find 3 AD's on the CAA and EASA web site. These are 2005-0032, 2005-0034, 2005-0035. I'm new to this ownership lark but all these AD's have repeat schedules to them, so I assume there must be older AD's somewhere that we should be adhering to. I'd like to cross reference our log book to make sure we're getting them all!

R5

smarthawke
23rd May 2006, 14:26
R5

Your aircraft and its equipment all have ADs: Piper, Lycoming, Sensenich plus every other item may have them (radios, electrical switches etc). This is what you should have been charged for on your Annual, no 5 minute job to check through the list and make sure that they have all been done, previously complied with or not applicable.

Not only are EASA (CAA) ones due but also those of the country of origin, mostly in the USA in your case.

Have a trawl through:

http://www.faa.gov/aircraft/

Go to the Airworthiness Directive bit - site is down at the moment as it often is.

Longbow55
23rd May 2006, 15:45
Readability, Contact me after 28 May, and we can meet up, or you can tell me all your info, airframe, engine, ect, and I can look it up with my AD program. I carry this on a laptop so pretty easy. It would be best to do this with airplane to make sure we cover airframe, engine and all accessories to include avionics.
Oh forgot one thing, this will be a comlete database on all US/FAA AD's, there might be a straggler or two issued by the UK/EU? Plan on an hour or so just to get the list andprint it out, then you get to weed through what is applicable. avarage for first time, about 3 hours on a basic plane like the PA28, I assue Warior or Cherokee?