PDA

View Full Version : SEP requirement

MJR
23rd May 2006, 09:39
Hi Peeps,

In order to retain SEP validity for SEP flying does the 1 hour flying with an instructor have to be on a SEP aircraft?

cheers

MJR

foxmoth
23rd May 2006, 09:52
No - this can be replaced by a test on any other aircraft, most airline pilots use their OPC/LPC in the sim on the type they are flying for this.:ok:

DFC
23rd May 2006, 10:48
If it is simply a flight with an instructor then it must be in a SEP.

If on the other hand it is a Proficiency Check, Flight Test, IR renewal etc with an examminer it counts reghardless og type/class.

eg A 1 hour dual flight with an instructor in a multi will not count. A test of 1 hour+ to renew the multi rating would.

Regards,

DFC

Whopity
23rd May 2006, 14:43
If you hold both a SEP and a TMG Class rating, the 1 hour with an instructor can be in either class SEP or TMG!

Captain Jock
23rd May 2006, 16:36
Remember that unless you did a single engine proficiency check with an examiner you will still have to have done a total of 12 hours in a single engine aircraft in the 12 months immediately preceding the expiry of your SEP rating.

172_driver
23rd May 2006, 21:15
Remember that unless you did a single engine proficiency check with an examiner you will still have to have done a total of 12 hours in a single engine aircraft in the 12 months immediately preceding the expiry of your SEP rating.

Is it so?

JAR-FCL 1.245 states that you need to do a Proficency Check within the three months preceding the expiry date of the class rating.

or

Fly at least 12 hours within the 12 months preceding the expiry date and fly at least one hour with a FI.

I have no experience of these rules really but as far as I understand, if you do a PC and the examinier says you do okay, then there is no requriement that you have to have done 12 hours of flying within the last 12 months?

Whopity
23rd May 2006, 21:21
Quite right, but the question was about the 1 hour flight with an Instructor not about Proficiency Checks with an Examiner. As you stated its EITHER OR! 12 hours inc 1 hour with FI or: PC with Examiner (and no 12 hours)

172_driver
24th May 2006, 17:45
Ah sorry. I misunderstood Captain_Jock's post I believe.