PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Become a TRI

remlap
22nd May 2006, 16:17
I have loads of time, type ratings, and qualifications. I have been looking a positions in India. Many of the advertisements pay more for a TRI/TRE.

If I were interested in such a designation, how would I go about getting one? I have an ATPL.

Anyone care to share their thoughts?

FlapsOne
22nd May 2006, 17:35
JAR OPS 1.365 has the answers - a bit too long to post but here's some of it:

JAR–FCL 1.365 TRI(MPA) – Requirements
(See Appendix 1 to JAR-FCL 1.365)
(See AMC FCL 1.365)

(a) An applicant for the initial issue of a TRI(MPA) rating shall have:

(1) successfully completed an approved TRI course at an approved FTO or TRTO (see Appendix 1 to JAR-FCL 1.365 and AMC FCL 1.365);

(2) completed at least 1500 hours flight time as a pilot of multi-pilot aeroplanes;

(3) completed within the 12 months preceding the application at least 30 route sectors, to include take-offs and landings as pilot-in-command or co-pilot on the applicable aeroplane type, or a similar type as agreed by the Authority, of which not more than 15 sectors may be completed in a flight simulator; and

(4) conducted on a complete type rating course at least 3 hours of flight instruction related to the duties of a TRI on the applicable type of aeroplane and/or flight simulator under the supervision and to the satisfaction of a TRI notified by the Authority for this purpose.

[The requirements above are fulfilled if the applicant hold a JAR-FCL licence, have been issued a specific authorisation in accordance with Appendix 1 to JAR-FCL 1.300 and complies with JAR-FCL 1.370.]

(b) Before the privileges are extended to further MPA types, the holder shall have:

(1) completed, within the 12 months preceding the application, at least 15 route sectors, to include take-offs and landings as pilot-in-command or co-pilot on the applicable aeroplane type, or a similar type as agreed by the Authority, of which not more than 7 sectors may be completed in a flight simulator;

(2) satisfactorily completed the relevant technical training content of an approved TRI course at an approved FTO or TRTO (see AMC FCL 1.365); and

(3) conducted on a complete type rating course at least 3 hours of flight instruction related to the duties of a TRI(MPA) on the applicable type of aeroplane and/or flight simulator under the supervision and to the satisfaction of a TRI(A) notified by the Authority for this purpose.

etc etc .............................

remlap
23rd May 2006, 00:23
That was a wonderful repsonse. Thank you.

Regards,

Remlap