PDA

View Full Version : BA Pilot Shirts

Pin Head
21st May 2006, 21:53
Is it possible to buy these shirts? My current airlines shirts are not the ideal size and a change is needed.

Slavedriver
21st May 2006, 22:20
I kept my old ones, how about £50each? :}

Dr Illitout
22nd May 2006, 07:04
Is it the shirt thats the problem or the ample frame you are trying to squeeze into it?:\

Rgds Dr I

Rainboe
22nd May 2006, 08:05
Someone was wearing identical shirts- I think they came from LXDirect very recently. They are only just white pilot shirts with epaulettes, short or long sleeved. Lots of suppliers have them.

FullWings
22nd May 2006, 09:50
Whatever you do don't buy BA shirts, (or for that matter, any other part of the uniform) the quality is appalling. The first month the collars try and saw your neck off and then the buttons start dropping. Just when you think you've beaten it into submission the collars 'bubble up' and become un-ironable. And don't get me started on the jackets... :mad:

doubleu-anker
22nd May 2006, 11:52
Amy and Navy. They are cheap and quiet good quality.

banana head
22nd May 2006, 12:30
FullWings - The Jacket, with the mysterious pockets into which we can't put anything! and not to mention the Trousers that become see through after a few visits to the dry cleaners! :D
In fairness though, the old shirts, which were also sold to Joe public through BA stores were OK. I'm not so sure they are still available though.....

PS - I'm told the tailor in SIN will sort out your Jacket with a fine set of pockets without charging the entire contents of your wallet :ok:

Hand Solo
22nd May 2006, 12:34
Can he also sort out the lining in the jacket sleeves that detaches after the first month and comes out wrapped round your fist every time you put the jacket on?

ChocksAwayUK
22nd May 2006, 12:40
Wasn't it designed by Julien MacDonald? Would've expected better quality...

TopBunk
22nd May 2006, 13:18
Wasn't it designed by Julien MacDonald? Would've expected better quality...

What has the designer got to do with the production qulity? Not a lot as MacDonald has found out (as did whoever it was beforehand). Money is the key, and with BA, save a couple of quid of a uniform is too big a temptation to the bean counters - even if it costs them more in the medium term due to the high volume of replacement items required.

MacDonald is allegedly not heppy with BA as he sees them as besmirching his reputation.

ChocksAwayUK
22nd May 2006, 14:30
Ah.. wondered if something along those lines was the case.

Jinkster
23rd May 2006, 10:36
I bought mine from ebay!!

White, short sleeve, 2 pockets but no fasteners (just open).

Brilliant and very comfortable!

Jinkster