PDA

View Full Version : 121.50

WorkingHard
21st May 2006, 10:07
Interesting views on this thread - http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=226786 -
It has really surprised me how some of the heavy metal drivers view the GA community. Some rae just as defensive of us and I am pleased to see that. It is well worth reading.

Saab Dastard
21st May 2006, 10:34
I've been following the thread on R&N with great pleasure!

75% of calls on 121.5 are inadvertent or erroneous commercial calls!

1% of total airtime is taken up with practice / training calls by GA. So that's 99% that isn't.

Can't see that there is much to discuss! ;)

SD

Cathykt
21st May 2006, 10:44
Hoping and praying never seems to work in aviation!Still end up flying thirteen hour days with no hotel booked at the end of it!!

Flybywyre
21st May 2006, 10:53
I've also been following that thread but have now got bored with it. I did have one concern though, that being some GA members reading it may be put off from making practice pan calls. Don't be.
D & D are quite happy with practice pan calls, as one of them pointed out to me it is practice for them as well.
Regards
FBW
PS However chatting on 121.5 is extremely frowned upon :=

Lower the Nose!
21st May 2006, 15:13
If I am lost in the US I would call Center ('Centre' if you prefer!) or Flight Service. Is there no UK equivalent?

tmmorris
23rd May 2006, 19:28
London Information - but as D&D on 121.5 can autotriangulate your position based on comparison of VDF readings there's no earthly reason not to call them first. And anyway they encourage it, whatever the heavy metal drivers say.

Tim