PDA

View Full Version : Bring Back the Collar and Tie poll thread!

FlyingRat
19th May 2006, 18:15
Four or five people as to get rid of it and it just goes!!

Bring it back.... :ouch:

rmcdonal
20th May 2006, 00:23
Start your own.:} :oh:

Kaptain Kremen
26th May 2006, 12:39
I think they should wear something smart, a collar and tie is one option.
So...er, what do others think?:}

Mad Girl
26th May 2006, 13:09
I'm a student - a paying punter - the customer!!!

My instructer wears a white shirt, dark trousers and leather flying jacket.

Quite frankly - I don't care what he wears as longs as....

- He teaches me well and consistantly.
- He kicks me (gently) when he thinks I'm not doing the best I can.
- Encourages me when I'm trying, but struggling and totally pi:mad: ed off at my lack of progress.
- Pats me on the head when I've done it right.
- Makes me laugh (at myself or him) to diffuse any remaining stress from the workload.

You guys have much more relevant things to talk about which would also be of interest to us students.

Keep it real please.

Kaptain Kremen
26th May 2006, 13:36
ooooooooh! ! Get you! You're missing the point of the joke love.
You are right about the instructor needing to do his job well, not focusing on his attire. I'm an instructor, I know.
You have begun the topic again by your reply.....the whole point of the thread starting point!
Keeping it real
KK:}

OpenCirrus619
26th May 2006, 14:15
I'm a student - a paying punter - the customer!!!

ooooooooh! ! Get you!

KK, You say you are an instuctor. Presumably you would like the industry that puts bread (however little) on your table to prosper / expand. I realise that there are many threats / pressures (tax / airspace / "development of airfields" / ....) that make this less than likely - but do you really need to p**s off one of the few entrants to the market.

Even if someone has missed the point of your "stimulating" post I don't think it gives you the right to "dis" them. :*

MG, Totally agree with what you said. :D :D

OC619

P.S. I'm fully expecting another "oooooooh!" - which I shall ignore.
P.P.S. I won't even bother with the "love" :eek:

Mad Girl
26th May 2006, 14:25
Thanks OC619.:D

All I know is that if KK had been my instructor, his true personality(!) would have shown itself after a few of my blunders and I'd have kicked the condescending pr:mad: ck in the nuts and found myself a nicer human being to teach me.

Opps sorry - never have liked male chauvinist pigs!!!

Any one for a nice little chat on spinning, stalls, steep turns etc.
Student blunders, anecdotes etc etc etc

Kaptain Kremen
26th May 2006, 16:06
right...sorry mad girl. Really. i have re read my post - harsh. didn't even sound like me.
My manners went around today while i went off the end on my own, so, again sorry. :(
My point was that we are serious about our work and have important things to discuss,( "You guys have much more relevant things to talk about which would also be of interest to us students.")
but can still 'waste time' on fun threads too. Still, no excuse for my manners.
OC619 thanks for the much needed:*

anyway, happy flying MG.
Humble KK

PS I don't wear a tie

rmcdonal
26th May 2006, 21:51
I'd have kicked the condescending pr ck in the nuts Im sure I have taught you somewhere in the past.:}
PS. I don't own a tie.

badgerpuppy
29th May 2006, 21:52
how about a discussion on wearing hi viz jackets?

top gun finished some time ago on sky one and i need something else to send me to sleep it didn't work this time.

Bp