PDA

View Full Version : Have you been there before?

Fuji Abound
19th May 2006, 13:37
Have you been there.

Just for a bit of fun, here are some scant details of a few places I have enjoyed going. Can you guess which “airports” they are?

1. The sheep are all around on short final, but never on the strip. They are also available frozen when you pay your landing fee - and very good they are too.

2. This is a healthy place to go but be careful taxing before you park. If you ignore the center line you are sure to find a wing in the hedge.

3. You can leave your bike at home, you will end up with some boxes of soup and perhaps a cheese or two.

4. If you are coming from down south you might see a Tiger every few years or so and a fast jet or three, you wont pronounce the local bases name correctly, but if you follow the bridge and then turn by 90 degrees you are sure to find the airport on the banks down below.

5. You have made a watery crossing. You can see the middle of all three runways but not the end. They look awfully short from up here and they don’t seem very far below. You have a nasty feeling you had better get this one right.

big.al
19th May 2006, 13:40
No. 5 sounds like St Marys (Scilly Isles) but I haven't been, so it is a guess...

stiknruda
19th May 2006, 13:45
#1 sounds like Jaime at Headcorn fleecing someone with a landing fee

Bahn-Jeaux
19th May 2006, 13:54
No3, Le Touquet by any chance ?

IO540
19th May 2006, 18:31
I can think of a few places where upon landing it is apparent that everybody has the same DNA :O

Fuji Abound
19th May 2006, 20:05
Ah - that would be airports in Kent. The CSA has given up because not only is all the DNA the same but they cant find any of the addresses.

1, 3 and 5 all correct!

IO540
19th May 2006, 22:38
I had the Scilly Isles in mind, actually. Or the Isle of Man.

PPRuNe Radar
19th May 2006, 23:14
4. Sounds like Dundee, but ain't been a Tiger Meet at Leuchars for aeons :)

Fuji Abound
20th May 2006, 07:36
Correct.

A bit obscure maybe, but Tiger Woods was at St Andrews last year over which you fly in bound form the South.