PDA

View Full Version : The Lynx Crew - Home

FJJP
18th May 2006, 16:53
It's what the British Military do to perfection - honour the dead.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/nolavconsole/ukfs_news/hi/newsid_4990000/newsid_4993700/bb_wm_4993772.stm

I shed a tear

God bless you all, rest in peace

Brian Dixon
18th May 2006, 22:17
Welcome home.

May you all rest in peace.
At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, we will remember them.

With respect.
Brian

(Thank you for the link FJJP)

PPRuNe Pop
18th May 2006, 23:14
Thank you JR. I needed to see that.

God bless them and keep them.

RIP

Spotting Bad Guys
18th May 2006, 23:16
Just a quiet word of thanks for the job done by all the service and civilian personnel involved with today's ceremony. You honoured our fallen comrades and upheld the bonds of service and courage.

SBG

Captain Airclues
18th May 2006, 23:54
I have just watched the full 35 minutes. As a father who lives in fear of his youngest son being flown home in a flag-draped coffin if this futile 'war' is allowed to continue, I found it very emotional.

I wonder if Mr Blair has watched this video? Did he shed a tear, as I did?

Airclues

mutleyfour
19th May 2006, 07:16
Thanks FJJP, was scrabbling around last night on the news channel hopinf to see the full thing. Unfortunately the system at work wont allow me to watch it but I shall catch it tonight.

M4 out

MarkD
19th May 2006, 11:41
Glad to see the UK still allows the public to view repatriations broadcasted in a respectful manner unlike the US and now Canada. If the public are disturbed in any way by this, it should only be in realising what a massive sacrifice these people and their families have made.

mutleyfour
19th May 2006, 11:59
Mark, Whilst yes it is shown nationwide and has been since the beginning of the Conflict there does seem to be a measured decline in its television time. Last nights BBC coverage of the event was less than 30 seconds or so whereas just a couple of years ago it was shown live on all the major channels.

Are we seeing a slow withdrawal of the fact, just like our cousins over the Atlantic?

Glyn Coney
19th May 2006, 19:32
I was very saddened to hear of the loss of 5 servicemen and woman, I can only hope there will be no more, but somehow I don't think so. Tony and his cronies should hang their heads in shame. So to should the BBC, their coverage in the evening was disgraceful. grc 925

dolphinops
19th May 2006, 19:49
Likewise, I was disgusted by the BBC1 coverage.
Are there any more elections due or something?

Blairs "respect agenda". Do me a favour!!