PDA

View Full Version : Bad habbits

hingey
16th May 2006, 20:53
I have a mortal fear of developing bad habbits whilst hour building towards CPL. Whilst I have already been told to spend my hours building honing my all-round flying skills and airmanship, what bad habbits are there to beware of? Any particulars that people pick up?

Cheers.

h

DeeCee
16th May 2006, 21:18
Sorry, really couldn't resist this, but learn to spell 'habbits' as 'habits'.

bladewashout
16th May 2006, 22:06
Too much ppruning when the sun is in hiding can be habit forming between those hours in the air...

BW

Cutoff
17th May 2006, 07:33
I would advise that you do not forget to do thorough checks, use the checklists and practice doing briefings as well, now I realise that you will not do this on every flight, but consider doing these properly as part of first flight of the day checks, this goes for Navaids to, check them and remember to ident them also check both radios.
Also get used to doing cross countries by stopwatch, map and compass (if you are not already that is), also you will not do overhead departures, pick a point on route, close to your departure, but en route and start your timings and headings from there, this is how you will depart on a CPL x country, same goes for the arrival, if the airfields you are flying from permit it, do downwind or base leg joins not overheads - all meant to represent efficient commercial operations.

As per your PPL practice PFLs, steep turns, glide and flapless approaches, and also nail the PFL.

Good luck