PDA

View Full Version : Medical

dbounford
16th May 2006, 14:13
Can anyone tell me how long the medical examination at Heathrow takes please? Thanks a lot.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
16th May 2006, 14:30
Depends what needs doing... The basic medical with eye test shouldn't take more than half an hour. However, if the AME is a chatty sort.. and you need an ECG and audiogram you could be in for a while. My record was about 2 hours!

dbounford
16th May 2006, 15:43
Not sure what will need doing, is it not the same for everyone then? Thanks for the info

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
16th May 2006, 16:03
I presume from your last post that it's an Initial Medical? That may take a while as you'll have an ECG and Audiogram as well as the eye-test and physical with the doc, etc.

Renewal medicals vary because different tests maybe required depending on age or time since the last medical.

Nothing to fear - they're nice people there.

tired-flyboy
16th May 2006, 16:05
If its your first medical, you'll get:

ECG, blood pressure
LUNG Capacity
Diabetes test (pin prick on the finger) - could be a cholestrol check not sure :confused:
Pee in a pot,
Hearing,
Eye sight,
Cough and squeeze
Audiogram
that's about it...
you should have had an X-ray done and the results would have been sent to Heathrow or you'll have them with you.

dbounford
16th May 2006, 16:09
Yeah it's the initial medical. How long am I looking for that then? Couple of hours or so? Thanks again

tired-flyboy
16th May 2006, 16:22
I would give yourself about 1hr to 1hr 30mins for the medical.

daz_20
17th May 2006, 09:15
Hi,

Had my initial medical monday for trainee atco, and it took 2 hours, but about 20-30 mins of that was waiting around. Advise getting there 15 mins early too, as there are 3 gruelling forms to complete.

Good luck