PDA

View Full Version : UK VFR-Chart online or download...

acuba 290
16th May 2006, 11:31
i just going to check with PPL-Confuser Navigation Part and don't have a map of UK to see some questions. Is it possible to find this map online somethere? UK VFR CAA chart?

dublinpilot
16th May 2006, 11:52
Not a chance.

You'll have to purchase a copy from the usual sources. You'll have to purchase a copy once you start cross country flying anyway.

As the charts have just been updated, that will cover you for the next year.

dp

MyData
16th May 2006, 11:56
With the PPL Confuser there is no need to look at a chart. All information is contained within the appendices.

acuba 290
16th May 2006, 12:30
With the PPL Confuser there is no need to look at a chart. All information is contained within the appendices.

thanx, i did't know that

Aussie Andy
16th May 2006, 13:02
Happy to post you an out-of-date chart if that helps (or bring into London if you work in the City?)

Andy :ok:

acuba 290
16th May 2006, 16:28
Happy to post you an out-of-date chart if that helps (or bring into London if you work in the City?)

Andy :ok:

thank you very much;)

acuba 290
19th May 2006, 16:24

i think i need a chart for PPL-Confuser, otherway i can't answer some questions. There is no charts in appendix and information i s not enought

Aussie Andy
19th May 2006, 16:27
I think for one or two of the NAV questions you need a half-mil chart.

acuba 290
19th May 2006, 17:42
I think for one or two of the NAV questions you need a half-mil chart.

off course! Thanx again for your great help! Hope I'll get it tomorrow or on monday

Jinkster
20th May 2006, 18:37
IS there any out of date old VFR charts online? Would be great - save me scanning an actual chart to put in a document.

acuba 290
20th May 2006, 19:46
IS there any out of date old VFR charts online? Would be great - save me scanning an actual chart to put in a document.

i have not found yet

MyData
20th May 2006, 20:56
Acuba

Can you post the question here? I have edition 5 of the Confuser and, at first, thought I might need a chart. But after re-reading the question I realised I didn't.

If a chart is needed in the latest edition then that is poor form.

You DO need a chart for the actual exam - but this should be provided by your flying school.

acuba 290
21st May 2006, 00:31
Acuba

Can you post the question here? I have edition 5 of the Confuser and, at first, thought I might need a chart. But after re-reading the question I realised I didn't.

If a chart is needed in the latest edition then that is poor form.

You DO need a chart for the actual exam - but this should be provided by your flying school.

ok, for example question n 26:

refer to your chart
At position N5300 W00245 at an altitude of 2000ft on the Barnsley Regional QNH you are in the:

and there is a 4 possible Areas. How can i know what is located there if i don't have a chart?

ans so on in other questions...

Flying Robin
21st May 2006, 12:02
If you take a closer look at the 4 answers to Q26, you should quickly realise that there is only one possible answer, without reference to any charts

(Hint: There is no such thing as "Shawbury Airbourne Interception of Aircraft Area", which is answer A)

MyData
21st May 2006, 12:42
Acuba

I stand corrected, to some degree...

In my Edition 5 of the Confuser, at the front of the Nav section it does state:

"To work through the navigation section, you will require an ICAO 1:500,000 Navigation Chart edition 23 or later..."

But it doesn't say WHICH chart.

You should already have your own chart of your local area. The questions for the Northern chart, as pointed out by Flying Robin should be answered without reference to a chart.

I note that in the next two questions in Ed. 5 there are references to chart symbols. The location of these on a chart is irrelevant and you should be able to identify and understand them on your own local area chart.

acuba 290
21st May 2006, 13:40
they mean in Confuser chart of England

Flying Robin
21st May 2006, 18:57
they mean in Confuser chart of England

or more specifically, the Southern England and Wales 1:500,000 chart, current edition is #32. This will be needed for some of the questions that involve plotting a route, such as questions 29 - 48, which involve a route from Shoreham to Wattisham. When sitting the exam, you should be provided with a chart by the FTO, or whoever you are sitting the exam with.

IO540
21st May 2006, 21:38
If a chart is required it will be provided. It is likely to be an out of date one too, because the question may assume a magnetic deviation which has changed sufficiently to make you pick the next multiple choice answer if you used a current chart :yuk: So they have to provide you with the appropriate ancient chart.

acuba 290
21st May 2006, 22:49
yes, i will get chart for exams at the school, but now i just need it for training with Confuser