PDA

View Full Version : Deenethorpe or Bakersfield Near Corby

007helicopter
14th May 2006, 18:12
Can anyone let me know if Deenethorpe or Bakersfield are both generally open, phoned the number in pooleys for Deenenthorpe several times this week with no answer.

Want to land at one of them this Tuesday (fixed wing) for an exhibition at Rockingham.

Any information appreciated on getting PPR, or runway information about Bakersfield.

Thanks

Duncan

helicopter-redeye
14th May 2006, 18:37
I've used Deenethorpe in the past. Called the number in Pooleys (Estate Office) and got permission.

Just a long, straight runway with a road the one end.

Try their annoying website. http://www.deenepark.com/index.htm There is an email address at the bottom plus fax numbers. NB NOTE this is a link to the estate who own the airfield. They were the people who granted me PPR

h-r;)

S-Works
15th May 2006, 07:23
I live in deenethorpe about 300m from the runway but actually keep 2 of my aircraft at Spanhoe 3 miles away which technically is closer to Rockingham anyway.

Give Carl a call at Windmill and fly into Spanhoe 01780 450205.

We have fuel and a warm welcome.

BX

007helicopter
15th May 2006, 07:37
Thanks guys - will check both options

Duncan

007helicopter
15th May 2006, 09:43
[quote=bose-x]I live in deenethorpe about 300m from the runway but actually keep 2 of my aircraft at Spanhoe 3 miles away which technically is closer to Rockingham anyway.

Give Carl a call at Windmill and fly into Spanhoe 01780 450205.

Looking at Spanhoe my geography is not great in this area but it looks further away from Rockingham ?

Also Deenethorpe still not answering and thanks for previos link, but they are nothing to do with the airfield though.

Ta

Duncan

Cutoff
15th May 2006, 12:15
I assume that you will need a taxi / car to get you to Rockingham, in which case all three are about the same distance from Rockingham, I would also suggest Spanhoe, great airfield, with some facilities too.

007helicopter
15th May 2006, 15:25
Thanks guys got it sorted now, planning spanhoe

Duncan