PDA

View Full Version : EMIRATES 777

puff m'call
12th May 2006, 16:55
Emirates 77-300ER sitting on the ground on SIN for a couple of days now looking rather sorry for it self, anyone know what's wrong with it?

Look rather new, A6-EBN i think.

haughtney1
12th May 2006, 17:40
No crew to fly it perhaps??

donpizmeov
12th May 2006, 18:22
I think it suffers from that Boeing problem of having flight controls that move all by themselves and at the wrong time.

Don

Schnowzer
13th May 2006, 06:23
The advantages of the world's biggest force feedback gaming joystick!

wengman
13th May 2006, 09:23
I think it suffers from that Boeing problem of having flight controls that move all by themselves and at the wrong time.

Don

Only an Airbus pilot would say something as ridiculous as that.
At least we actually have controls that move

vfenext
13th May 2006, 10:27
Another bunch of juveniles who think they fly a better aircraft than everyone else. In the real grown up world everyone knows that the best aircraft to fly is the one that PAYS the MOST. You give a guy a Boeing or an Airbus to fly and suddenly he acts like a sales rep, ridiculous.

crazypilot
13th May 2006, 16:06
Had some serious problems with the rudder and Boeing engineers were called out. It's one of the new 773ERs too. Haven't heard any further news though.

harpy
13th May 2006, 18:41
Originally posted by Silberfuchs: "Its seriously worries me that such infantile comments, willy waving, and ignorant rantings flow so easily from those that we trust to sit in the front of our airliners."

You are making the same mistake that many others make in assuming that these peurile posts are from airline pilots. Don't assume that all contributors to this forum are what they claim to be.

Vorsicht
14th May 2006, 10:08
Jayzus Don

You got a few bites out of that one. You are the best fisherman i know.

Hats off

A345
14th May 2006, 22:36
A6-EBN in SIN suffered uncommanded rudder movement..not an indication fault but actual occurance..boeing wants to do some research before fixing it..

donpizmeov
15th May 2006, 02:34
Bugga Vorsicht, your not suppose to know that!!!! :E

Wengman, I could possibly even have more time on 777s than you. But as stated the flight contols were moving around when they were not meant too.
Think you guys need to get a hobby.

Don

QNH1013
15th May 2006, 06:02
Could it have something to do with the aircrafts TAC? That would move the rudder wouldn't it? Maybe it moved the rudder when it shouldn't have?
Just guessing. Thought only the classic 737 had a history of uncommanded rudder movement. Not heard of this problem with the 777's history so hopefully this is just an isolated aircraft incident.

BusyB
15th May 2006, 07:58
Any similarity to the Malaysian 777 out of Perth? That was flying with an allowable defect Boeing say is now not allowed.

BusyB
4th Jun 2006, 09:20
Any further news of what exactly the problem was?:confused:

Apologies for this not going into ME Forum, I searched for it and didn't realise when I wrote that the default was Rumours and not the original forum.

Warlock2000
4th Jun 2006, 13:27
"er....whats it doing now................?" :ugh:

....another Boeing pilot who doesn't understand flight control laws! :rolleyes: :ok:

spudskier
5th Jun 2006, 03:11
Wow, Thanks to all, I haven't laughed this hard at a thread in a LOOOOOONG time!!!

Loose rivets
5th Jun 2006, 03:56
I stuggle to believe that such mindless nonsensical people are allowed to breed.

Yeh, 'cmon guys, it's enough to make anyone stuggle :}

maui
5th Jun 2006, 04:11
Warlock

Thats the beauty of the Boeing philosophy.

YOU DON'T NEED TO KNOW ABOUT CONTROL LAWS

It behaves like an aeroplane, not a computer. It is designed to be operated by the dummies that most of us are.

Maui

MrBernoulli
5th Jun 2006, 12:17
Must admit, when I hear Airbus chaps talk about their aircrafts controls I begin to buckle under the science of it all. Thank goodness the 777, now that I have got the electric cockpit idea tucked away, is pretty normal to fly.

Flip Flop Flyer
5th Jun 2006, 12:46
So, Bernoulli, you'd have problems operating an aircraft as normal, if given a direct heading to an alternate?

Usual protective gear applied

x12
7th Jun 2006, 19:23
Flight control 'LAWS' ay ?

Well warlocky, i think you will find that they are a set of rules made by Scarebus to explain to people how to operate their aircraft, not as you say "LAWS" and they certainly don't apply to any other type of aircraft in the sky and likewise the majority of the world's pilots have no need / wish or otherwise to understand the :

"FLIGHT CONTROL LAWS"

Headgear on................:rolleyes:

BusyB
7th Jun 2006, 21:09
Well, I'm quite overcome by the professionalism of all on this thread. As someone with 3+ years on the 777 I was really asking a simple question. Obviously not simple enough!!:rolleyes:

MrBernoulli
11th Jun 2006, 18:39
Sorry, Flip Flop Flyer, run that by me again? Apologies for the late reply, I have been busy ....... er ....... busy studying the ADIRU.

Dash-7 lover
11th Jun 2006, 22:52
Busy B

Yep I agree with you. All this waffle and still none the wiser!