PDA

View Full Version : LHR-Concorde moving tomorrow

HZ123
4th May 2006, 07:40
For any of you photo guys the Concorde will be towed over to the BA shorthaul base sometime after 0600 hours Friday. It will be used for de-icing practice for the morning.

ThreadBaron
4th May 2006, 08:00
De-icing practice!!!:eek: What a come-down.

GK430
4th May 2006, 10:34
Why train de-icing operatives in May in the U.K.:confused:

Are B.A. setting up in the Falklands this northern summer!

sss
4th May 2006, 11:24
Why train de-icing operatives in May in the U.K.:confused:
!

cos they are busy in the winter maybe?

Skipness One Echo
4th May 2006, 13:43
De-icing? Seriously? God how long before it ends up on "Comet corner" or "Trident turn". All the precedents point to G-BOAB being a scrapper in under ten years. Money on it now.:* :*

Flightman
5th May 2006, 18:59
For any of you photo guys the Concorde will be towed over to the BA shorthaul base sometime after 0600 hours Friday. It will be used for de-icing practice for the morning.

We've had a record year for de-icing at LHR. I'd have thought they'd had all the practise they neeeded!

Seloco
8th May 2006, 07:08
We've had a record year for de-icing at LHR. I'd have thought they'd had all the practise they neeeded!
But they obviously did not have enough practice on slender delta-winged supersonic airliners, and who knows when one of those might turn up out of the blue?!

ALLDAYDELI
8th May 2006, 09:08
its parked right by the roundabout on Eastchurch Rd near the plane crossing. Good for tail-end photos.

moku
8th May 2006, 11:13
"CONCORDE 'Alpha Bravo' is to be moved to a new home at Heathrow due to on-going maintenance and building extension work at the airport.........
...... Her new home will be on a site much closer to the perimeter fence, next to the old East Church Road crossing gates.
This will enable people to have a closer look at her through the perimeter fence or when they are coming in for landing on the northern runway from the London direction.
As the aircraft remains airside it will not be possible to allow visits to the aircraft"

From the May 4th issue of BA News.

Hilico
8th May 2006, 11:48
I love thread titles with 'tomorrow' in them...not. This is why you won't find two dozen threads all entitled 'This month's AAIB reports' on Rotorheads - I've found that when tomorrow becomes today, that title is as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

HZ123
10th May 2006, 06:18
Reports from the front add that the a/c for practice is of little use as it is a poor representation of the modern a/c and provides little practical help to the trainees. There is also another rumour that the powers that be, want as much water poured onto it to eventually make it inpractical to move the a/c to a T5 site, the a/c already looks tatty and I cannot see BA paying out for another respray after the Cosford butchery?

BRISTOLRE
11th May 2006, 16:07
thats what I thought, different control surfaces and layout. Different from most subsonic aircraft.

Skipness One Echo
13th May 2006, 14:27
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1040910/L/

This will be the fate of Concorde G-BOAB very soon. The BA collection at Cosford is being (mostly) scrapped. BA have no interest in G-BOAB's preservation as let's face it they already have Concordes at at East Fortune / Manchester / Filton / Brooklands / Duxford and Yeovilton already. So why bother with BOAB when it get's in the way....