PDA

View Full Version : Good days out around Wycombe?

Stall Inducer
2nd May 2006, 15:53
I'm looking for a good day trip out of Wycombe within around 1 hour flight time in a 172. I'm aware of Duxford and Cosford, would anyone know of any other good air museums, restaurants or places of interest in the area?

Johnm
2nd May 2006, 17:46
Sandown Restaurant and seaside,

Kemble Bristol Museum and Delta jets and AV8 restaurant and Ultimate High

Compton Abbas great location, reasonable restaurant and birds of prey.

Brooklands
3rd May 2006, 12:49
SI,
If you're including Duxford, then you ought to include Old Warden as well. Be aware though, that if you want to go on a flying day, you need to book a slot well in advance to ensure that there's parking space for you.
Old Sarum is also worth a visit - you can walk from the airfield to the fort, which is well worth an afternoon's exploring.

There are plenty of airfields within about 1 hour of Wycombe: just draw a circle 75nm diameter centered on Wycombe. If you stretch to 1.25 to 1.5 hrs then you can get to Le Touquet or even the Channel Islands.

Since you're flying 172s from Wycombe I assume you're a member of the Air Centre, so we may well run into each other (I'll be there this Sunday).
Brooklands

m5dnd
3rd May 2006, 21:23
Or.. Try Fairoaks and a cab to ........ Brooklands.... Museum that is !!

See You there sometime ??..

M5DND

Stall Inducer
5th May 2006, 18:16
Thanks for all the info, now I just need to decide, I'm flying down from Teeside but taking the folks for a day out when I get down south. We went to Duxford a couple of years back so will try somewhere new this time. Thanks for all the suggestions.