PDA

View Full Version : Which school to choose for cheap FI rating?

wingbar
1st May 2006, 18:58
Dear All,

I need to start an FIC instructor course fairly quickly, and I am considering EFT in Florida and possibly Leeds school of flying.

Does anyone have any opinions on either one?

I have a JAA FATPL(a).

Also does anybody know of any instructor courses starting shortly?

Any help much appreciated,

WB:ok:

sps1013
1st May 2006, 20:21
If you feel like staying down at East Midlands Airport, try East Midlands Flight Instructor School (advertised in FLYER).

He can probably fit you in quite quickly. Rates are one of the best in the country.

sps

peeteechase
1st May 2006, 21:21
I would recommend Ravenair at John Lennon International.

http://www.ravenair.co.uk/

Had an excellent course a few years back and just about to renew my rating with them. Ask for Primo Lonzardi, top guy.

ATB,
ptc

2nd May 2006, 08:49
Check the prices at Aerofan, Madrid, i did my FIC there and i was very happy with what i got for my money.

Some Brits have done their FIC there, they have british instructors, and the course is done in english.

Check the forum for previous threads, this has already been discussed, about Aerofan and other schools.

the cost was of 4300 euros when i did it , don't know the actual cost, but they have a price list in their web.

FlyingForFun
2nd May 2006, 08:49
I am considering EFT in Florida and possibly Leeds school of flyingHave had good experiences at both of them.

I did my CPL at EFT. If you have a look in the Wannabes forum, the reference thread contains a link to the diary I kept. Generally very pleased with the training I got all round, although I have no experience of the FIC there.

I'm at Leeds Flying School now. I did my IRI course there last year, and I'm just finishing off my MEP CRI course now. You will do your training with Stuart Anderson, an extremely experienced pilot and instructor who just gets on with the job without any fuss.

FFF
---------------

wingbar
2nd May 2006, 10:36
Hi there guys,

Thank you very much for all of that information. I shall be considering Leeds as it's within communtable distance from where I live, and competitively priced. I am also looking closely at EFT in the states as well.

WB

18greens
8th May 2006, 21:33
Check your PMS