PDA

View Full Version : CFI(H) logging of hours

md902man
1st May 2006, 06:21
I was under the impression that a CFI was unable to log P1 flying time when their student is off flying 'solo'.

I know you're supervising flying but surely logging the flight time yourself is crazy. Seems one CFI(H) of a southern school seems to think this is correct.
If the CAA were to look into it, maybe they'd find other incorrect entries.

Somebody down south had better edit their logbook me thinks!

Whopity
1st May 2006, 07:29
You cannot log flight time when you are not flying! Common sense should tell you that.

flimflam
3rd May 2006, 21:15
I agree with Whopity.

Anyone who thinks that one can log pilot in command of an aircraft in flight whilst on the ground watching it fly, must be an incompetent feckwit, who clearly should not have a ppl never mind a grown up licence!:hmm:

Flingingwings
4th May 2006, 10:10
Flimflam,
The individual concerned is exactly that

Johe02
5th May 2006, 16:04
A supervised flight is a supervised flight. It doesn't say you have to be actually IN the a/c. .
:eek:
<ducks and runs for cover>

flimflam
5th May 2006, 19:58
A supervised flight is a supervised flight. It doesn't say you have to be actually IN the a/c. .
:eek:
<ducks and runs for cover>

Johe02. It doesnt actually say you can log it either!

We have a big problem if anyone out there actually believes it. But before I bite, can we have a head count of FI,s who are logging ground based supervision, together with their view on 'sole manipulator of controls...etc'.

FW. If you know this deluded feckwit, perhaps you could ask him/her to comment here.

kissmysquirrel
6th May 2006, 04:59
If it's who I think it is he wouldn't post on here. He is too far up his bosses backside to be able to use his hands. The nickname 'toenails' springs to mind. It's all you can see!!

Flingingwings, does he have a head like an orange on a toothpick?:ok:

Flingingwings
6th May 2006, 17:43
KMS,

I've heard this individual described more accurately.............
But you are thinking of the correct person :E
I'll PM you what I've heard.

FlimFlam.
Unfortunately I am aware of this individual, and his less than professional working practices. So are quite a few others! The individual thinks he's a big fish, albeit in a small pond, and acts accordingly. The reality is that he'll never progress any further. If this rumour regarding the logbook is correct then, based on what I've seen, this is at the minor end of the scale of things that this individual does.
Thankfully I'm not in contact with the individual, I really can't stand them :mad: or for that matter their boss (who IMHO is just as bad if not worse for allowing and hence condoning :mad: )

Even if I was in contact, they wouldn't post because they would see nothing wrong with their behaviour :{

Re your poll : Nope never have and never would record any student solo time in my logbook. Would never G-BIRO either.

flimflam
18th May 2006, 19:59
No takers on the poll then? :hmm: :suspect:

Flying Pencil
19th May 2006, 08:21
Have heard of a few people that like a bit of G-BIRO including the 'Crazy frog':E
For the record, if its in my log book i was in the aircraft!! It reflects what happened not what I would like to of happened.

FP

Flingingwings
19th May 2006, 11:03
FP,
I'd forgotten that nickname for him. Still makes me chuckle.
I think that the same honesty should also apply to CV's.
After all we both know 'Crazy's' is a work of art that any good childrens story teller should be proud of:E

You having a productive day??????

kissmysquirrel
20th May 2006, 07:46
Poll? What poll?

I wouldn't log time I haven't flown. The punishment if caught is possible £5000fine and/or up to two years in prison, is it not?
I spent quite a bit of cash over the last few years gaining licences/ratings etc and not about to lose it over a few hours here and there. Anyone who does is a T*T!

:ok:

MD900 Explorer
23rd May 2006, 00:02
Sounds like this "Crazy" has some double standards, maybe just like the outfit he works for...:D

Oh..if only somebody grassed this person up, the southern airs may be safe again....:E

Small snow balls make big snow balls if the ball is set rolling, and just for the record, he insists he is blond, NOT Ginger..:D

MD :=

cavortingcheetah
23rd May 2006, 06:03
:hmm:

It seems to me that this is the sort of offence which shouldn't get a second chance. It is such a blatant abuse of either common sense or the law or both as to be completely inexcusable. Any way you slice this, the person in question, if remotely guilty of such actions, has no business anywhere near aeroplanes or training schools. Small snowballs? Small fireballs more like!
It think it likely that were the CAA informed of this; not a lot would probably happen. They would demand proof and nothing other than a 'raid' on the flight school, seizure of logbooks and booking out sheets and comparisons thereof would do the trick. Would the CAA initiate such an appropriate action? Indeed, whom would you contact there in the first instance in order to file a report? Having made contact though, what the CAA could do would be to set a mole in place. A relatively experienced and objective flyer with some instructional experience, pretending to be an ab initio enthusiast, would perhaps be interesting? It sounds as though the whole flight school is pretty rotten and needs to be taken out?:E

md902man
24th May 2006, 17:12
So I read the thread on Rotorheads and someone has put a link to this thread re Fast. I think it tells a few of us who the instructor really is now. Interesting that they dont advertise on pprune yet it seems as though one of their employees is advertising their B47 for use. (the crashed one!!)

Moderators? Moderators?:E

The Nr Fairy
25th May 2006, 07:29
So has this alleged practice been going on since the individual concerned has been at the place, or since MG left ? Or have these things happened since they were bought ?

Alleged because of the big red banner at the bottom of the page.

md902man
25th May 2006, 08:33
Don't know who MG is. Only initials I know down there are DE, ML, IM. Maybe time for Mr CAA man to have a visit and check up on the individuals involved? Might just keep the skies a safer place?

Place appears to be a rumour mill!

MD900 Explorer
25th May 2006, 10:44
The Nr Fairy

Seems to have been happening for some time now. I don't think there is any relevance to when MG left.

md902 Man

Ah, my man you forget some people who used to work there, but because of ML and IM got the boot. specifically the ginger one, who seems to have temper tantrums and throw toys clean out of the pram, whenever things don't go his way, and then there is his boss who seems to be easily led by the path of least resistance. Nuff said, i could go on, and on and on, but really, like you said it is a rumour mill. :yuk:

To those who left FAST,under unscrupulous circumstances, you are in my thoughts, that you may get jobs with more honest employers. :D

Regards

MD :ok:

"Duck or Grouse" :=

kissmysquirrel
25th May 2006, 12:00
You wouldn't have perhaps been referring to myself and a couple of others who worked there a while back. I think we all left for the same reasons, having spoken to the others recently. You're not far from the truth mind!:D

It's always going to be hard to stay put when two members of staff are salaried and get every weekend off, and complain all of the time, and the others are on an hourly flying rate of only £40/hr, taxed at source (PAYE), and then also expected to be in work every day possible without pay for sitting on the ground if the weather's ****e! To those type of employers, I say go forth and mulitply!

It's just a trial lesson factory down there anyway. No prizes for guessing what the salesman for ther heli's used to be.:E

MD900 Explorer
25th May 2006, 12:50
KMS

Yes i would be referring to you and others.

Have fun in Aus.

Regards

MD:ok: