PDA

View Full Version : G-INFO Owners' addresses gone

Kiltie
29th Apr 2006, 15:54
I see the CAA Aircraft Registration search facility G-INFO no longer lists the owner's name and address.

This is good news. I wasn't comfortable with my details being listed in an unsecure website. I wonder if the CAA have given in to pressure or if it was a Data Protection Act issue.

Does anyone see this move as unfavourable?

Jodelman
29th Apr 2006, 17:15
Not all addresses have gone, some are still there. Is it that if you have had your insurance checked, your address is given?

Kiltie
29th Apr 2006, 18:00
Perhaps so. I have never been approached by the CAA for verification of my insurance details.

rotorcraig
29th Apr 2006, 18:23
Not just addresses - looking up all the R22s that I fly on G-INFO I can now see that they are "Owned" but it no longer specifies by whom.

It previously used to distinguish between those owned by my flying school, and those on leaseback from private owners.

RC

BlueRobin
30th Apr 2006, 11:01
Looks to be a gremlin in the system. Addresses are back.

Flybywyre
11th May 2006, 13:24
Good. I can't see why anyone would be worried about this, I'm not :ok:
Regards
FBW

HGFC1
11th May 2006, 13:54
Good. I can't see why anyone would be worried about this,
I can, it's called The Data Protection Act and it looks to me as if personal details are being disclosed which may possibly be in contravention of this Act.

Flybywyre
11th May 2006, 14:56
I can, it's called The Data Protection Act and it looks to me as if personal details are being disclosed which may possibly be in contravention of this Act.
How many times has anyone reading this been thwarted by some "jobsworth" quoting the above crap as a reason for not divulging some useful information when you require it ?
For example when asking for the telephone number of a fellow member of the flying club etc, etc
It is complete and utter B:mad: s
and is always quoted by people who have never read the DPA.
Apart from that there is the common sense (or lack of) issue. Do you really think it would be on there if it was in contravention of the DPA ?? :ooh:
:mad:

Mike Cross
11th May 2006, 15:44
I think you'll find you're barking (or should that be ranting) up a mythical tree. The addresses are there. I hear it was just a temporary abberation.

Mike