PDA

View Full Version : I really hope this is the right decision!

Dop
28th Apr 2006, 13:40
Augh! I've been waiting for five months to do my test, with weather blocking every scheduled attempt. The forecast is good for tomorrow, but I think I'm going to have to cancel.
Came down with a cold last weekend, which stopped me flying then. Still not entirely over it as my nose is still stuffy, and I'm not feeling quite right.
So I'm cancelling the lesson I'd booked for today, and the test I'd booked for tomorrow because even if I felt better tomorrow I haven't flown for four weeks which is not an ideal time between practice and test!

The one weekend when it was liable to go ahead, and I have to cancel it because of a cold!
Then again, I guess it's better to get annoyed about it than fly when I'm not entirely well.

Confabulous
28th Apr 2006, 14:57
You'v done the right thing Dop, any cold or other sinus problems should ground you straight away. Also could affect your balance and any simulated IMC flight. Have read a few horror stories of pilots landing with blood coming out of their ears after decending rapidly with a cold.

Besides, as you say, 4 weeks between flights is not ideal when doing a GFT. I had a 6 week gap between my second and third lessons, and the degradation was pretty obvious - it really shocked me.

Try going up with a friend, taking a few days off to get a few hours done, to get you back into things :{ :ok:

dublinpilot
28th Apr 2006, 16:06
Right decision dop.

The examiner wouldn't be very impressed if you turned up with a cold!

The good news is that with the summer weather starting to arrive, finding a good day to do it, should become easier.

Best of luck ;)

dp

Gertrude the Wombat
28th Apr 2006, 21:54
Yup. Best to wait several days after you think you are better from a cold - I didn't wait long enough once and had two painful ears on the descent leaving me barely able to hear the radio.