PDA

View Full Version : AeroPearl/Pearl Aviation

spini
27th Apr 2006, 02:10
I wonder if someone could advise me of the ex CP of Pearl's contact number as I am not able to contact him on his mobile number.I have heard a rumour that his job was advertised, without his knowledge, whilst he was on leave and he has been treated pretty shabbily by the organisation since. I would like to confirm the details with him directly, as if this is so, it says a lot for the way the said Pearling organisation is now treating hard work and loyalty from its employee’s.

Spini

InTransit
27th Apr 2006, 09:11
That's not completely true. It was known that at the end of his leave period, he would not be returning to Pearl as the CP. In regards to his treatment since his departure, I can only say that Management don't do much to endear themselves.

onaclearday
28th Apr 2006, 00:27
spini
Your info was pretty acurate.
InTransit
Your info was not quite correct. Inaccurate rumours do tend to surface when communication is lacking.

Although he had applied to AeroRescue for a position in Perth, the ex CP was coming back to Darwin but was told he was not required.

Re the contact, The ex CP is in South Perth and in the internet white pages.

Although unable to post the sordid details regarding the issue, anybody contemplating a career with, or planning any negotiations with the said organisation, would be well advised to contact the ex CP for some facts about his departure. He has advised he would be only too happy to discuss it.

Its VERY SCARY

ringin
29th Apr 2006, 13:08
Deathly silence on this post given that a number of people know the truth. Wonder why?

Richo
30th Apr 2006, 07:09
Too close to home, is my guess ringi.

Those who have been there are shocked at the way things have gone over the last year or so. Good people bieng treated very shabily indeed, they get rid of the ones that tell the truth, a truth that managment don't want to hear.

You know it is writen in the survivors stoy of the TITANIC that " There was a deathly silence as the great ship sliped beneath the waves". From my point of view that silence is very similar.

Get your vests on boys, this is not one of Geoff's wet drills.

Richo

ringin
30th Apr 2006, 11:09
Info from the inside is that there have been a number of management changes in the last year or two but the number two in the Paspaley chain is really in charge.

So is he calling the shots and "managing" the puppets?

Heard there is a hidden agenda.

Now what is your offer.....................................??

Not me. :uhoh:

Ramrod
30th Apr 2006, 12:04
What effect is this having on the AeroRescue operation? All this upheaval can’t be good.

prussian blue
30th Apr 2006, 12:16
I hear those guys as well as the other operations are working to fill impossible gaps in their staffing, hang in there guys, hopefully sanity will prevail.

RequestHigher
30th Apr 2006, 14:21
Sounds like it's time to create another management position or two. Thats been the solution in the past hasn't it? :}

AustinPowers
30th Apr 2006, 16:21
They are doing Just Fine in all aspects

Austin :ok:

anthonyjohnson
1st May 2006, 07:17
Hi Guy's looking at the aerorescue threads in pprune ,can anyone assist me ,who to conntact to keep the aerorescue jobs (in australia) for australians ,who should i contact , gov't??? I am looking to pressue perl to keep jobs for australians as it a aussie govt contract ,pilots ,maint and backenders ,,,,--tony p.s if you dont agree with my stance i do not want to hear from you ok

maxgrad
1st May 2006, 09:30
OK I'll bite
How many Ausie drivers want to fly 100 to 200 hrs a year?
Why are they asking for any interest anywhere?
Gee let me think

anthonyjohnson
1st May 2006, 09:51
i do so please dont waste my time --it would be good if the moderator could kick you out-
aussie aussie aussie

maxgrad
1st May 2006, 10:37
OK so far one
All I'm saying is the contractor may be struggling to find suitable applicants.
I actually agree with you but so far the contractor, Pearl. seem to be struggling to locate Ausie's.

Speak to the contractor concerned, put your application in,(if not already and that will be one less outsider in)
Get your mates to apply and that will be more Ausies in.........You do only have Ausie friends don't you:E

O/S has a multitude of Aus expats in the ranks, Get a grip and get on with it.

Hugh Jarse
1st May 2006, 10:47
The "hour builders" will have a problem with it, while everyone else will give an arm and a leg to do 100 hours a year.:} :}

It just depends which category you fall in to.....:8

There won't be any shortage of applicants.

Dashunder
1st May 2006, 11:22
and, there isnt any shortage of applicants.

TOPC
1st May 2006, 11:43
Apparently as a captain you will be offered 62K.Maybe an extra 6K flight pay .There is a 35K + Bond for 3 years. For maybe a $75k job...Maybe... ?
The average Sunnies/Eastern Dash Captain will easily earn way more than that with allowances and extra incentives,/ booked overnights plus coffee an lunch served by a lovely flighty.
A Dash captain will be doing possibly 600hrs pa plus ...BUT .He will be current,
Wont be required to fly low level in sh%t weather in the middle of the night to accomplish the mission. Be on call for hours..To save someone who really didn't mean to trigger the ELB. He wont be asked to do extra duties .Will be looked after by some form of crewing , and engineering.. etc To make matters more confusing, this is a startup rescue service.
I would have thought this would be a REALLY WELL PAID position (100K+) considering the responsibilities social sacrifices and duties required to uphold such a high standard.
But hey .....what do I know.I thought pay should reflect total effort to any employer.:ugh:

AerocatS2A
1st May 2006, 12:45
I agree with your sentiment AJ, Australian flying jobs should be for Australians, and overseas flying jobs (in the UAE for example) should be for Australians too :} .

anthonyjohnson
1st May 2006, 13:45
hi all thanks for opinions but can anyone tell me the answer to my orig question ? the idea is to pressure perl to take aussie crew's train them and pay them good rates not take o/s guy's and pay them minimum - call me old fashioned but that is what all industry should be doing exp for govt appointed contracts ie improve aust's international skill level

Richo
1st May 2006, 14:06
Same as I have heard Dashunder.

No shortage of applicants from Aust., but aslo no shortage of turn downs when they hear the conditions.

30K for between 4 and 6 months as an FO, very restricted overnight allowances (if at all) and reducing base crew numbers from the contract.

Unbelevable from what was once a great company.

PS AJ your approach makes you seem like a backwater hick. Was that your intention?.

richo

anthonyjohnson
1st May 2006, 15:44
from what i can understand you guys only want the jobs for aussies if they are over the top paid (ie pre the war days) .

I just recon that for a govt contract the jobs should go to aussie's ,its a new type so ofcource some o/s trainers but why should we just sit back and see jobs go to expats who will take a much cheaper pay rate just to get in the door when ther are plenty of guys looking for work and aussie applicants ,its not just drivers there are mechanic positions and backenders (radar etc) i am sure that the contract pays enough to allow training up a skilled aussie workforce looking for long term employment .

again i ask who should I contact in govt to "let them know" that perl is taking o/s guys ahead of aussie nationals.??????

anthonyjohnson
1st May 2006, 15:53
hi guys

looking for some FACTS about the aerorescue ops as a applicant ,is it true that they will prob be taking overseas guys with ratings rather than train up aussie guys because the o/s bloks will take less ??

also is this true for the backenders and mechanic positions ,a couple of us ga fellows in south east vic are looking to move to something with a bit of spice so to speak and I know our mechanic also applied ,just a bit worried about the situation 1st in getting a fair chance at the jobs and 2 is aeroresce a good outfit to work for?

any facts would be much appreciated

AJ

anthonyjohnson
1st May 2006, 16:37
hi i aint in the uae --SE VIC act- not worried about jetstar that dosent interst me its a commercial op so that is there choice ,

does anyone here work for perl/aerorescue ---comments for prospective crews?

AustinPowers
1st May 2006, 17:19
Hello Mr "AnthonyJohnson",

First of all it's NOT Perl...... It's Pearl !!
Every post of your's with the way you spell your words and argue leads to;

- you are a School Kid (have you done your home work Sunshine !! )
or
- you are a person in the aviation industry with alocohol problem

Get it Right....If you don't know how the Puck to spell the company name....leave them alone you cleverman :mad: :mad:

Austin

AustinPowers
1st May 2006, 17:30
fair chance at the jobs and 2 is aeroresce a good outfit to work for?

Get your language right and a spell check done even before you consider sending a resume to anyone sunshine !!
Also, do you think having a go on their reputation is going to help you much on the interview ?!?! Remember, it's a small Industry !!

Keep It Low And Steady

anthonyjohnson
2nd May 2006, 02:13
any facts would be much appreciated on the working conditions etc for crew at aerorescue and are they a good mob to work for?
AJ

anthonyjohnson
2nd May 2006, 02:20
Get your language right and a spell check done even before you consider sending a resume to anyone sunshine !!
Also, do you think having a go on their reputation is going to help you much on the interview ?!?! Remember, it's a small Industry !!
Keep It Low And Steady

hello austin --I have no opinion "yet" of the mob I have not had a go at them .

I am looking for info --do you work for them?

anthonyjohnson
2nd May 2006, 02:28
and from a previous thread
" Aerorescue looking for pilots from O/seas!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I see that Aerorescue(Paspaley) have advertised on climbto350.com for Dornier 328 pilots with experience on type from O/seas???(no mention of the requirement to be an Australian citizen)......So much for employing Australian pilots for an Australian goverment contract??......another company trying to take short cuts to save a few dollars, and in the proccess s.... the local pilots!!......maybee a quick call to the local MP is required...... "

so i am not the only one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anthonyjohnson
2nd May 2006, 03:18
onaclearday please check prvt message -cheers

maxgrad
2nd May 2006, 09:34
You have mentioned Pollies, instead of wasting bandwidth talking to us, please contact the NT Govt or Federal Govt. Use google to fing your target.
Many people on this site work for the contractor and others may have very close dealings with them. Read the info on this forum and others and work it out for yourself. If you are sincere in your statements get off your bum and source the info yourself.

Personally I think you are just stiring.

Your turn

AerocatS2A
2nd May 2006, 10:43
AnthonyJohnson, non-pilot flight crews are mainly Australian (all the ones I know are Australian, and I know a few now :))

If you aren't in the UAE, why did you have UAE as your location (before you changed it)?

anthonyjohnson
2nd May 2006, 11:22
I first signed onto pprune when visiting someone who works in Umm Al Quwain aero club -UAE -back in 2004 .My loc is now correct i work in SE VIC for a aircraft development company ,not many hours a month home most nights good life ,im looking for a change also ,when i did a serch on the net for aerorescure there were many threads on this site about the ops of aero and pearl most not very flattering

The positions are now open for essendon so i will apply asap so will my offsider (both for capt positions) and our mechanic might also as this job is going nowhere and it looks like the money has been cut of from the sponsor due to lack of resulty by the design team .

i was worried that aussies such as myself would be passed by because they can poch cheap o/s crews i will wait and see what happens B4 i stir that anymore as most people here recon thats fair !

So can anyone assist us on the current feel for the aerorescue set up 1st hand not just what athers have posted on this site

also any tech info on the do328 its aerorescue equip etc would be great

tony

anthonyjohnson
2nd May 2006, 11:28
hi rcho thanks for the advice i will take it onboard

what do you mean by reducing base numbers from the contract ?

tony

anthonyjohnson
2nd May 2006, 11:31
what6 vdo you mean by reducing base number from the contrcat richo

p.s thanks for the observation i will take it onboard

BPA
2nd May 2006, 11:49
Does anyone know what experience level the successful applicants have had?

I’ve applied, but nothing heard thus far. I have 6000+ hours, 5000+ command, 4500+ multi and 3000+ turbine, including substantial time above 5700kg.

I’m looking for a change, going from A to B and back again is getting boring.

Any information would be appreciated.

onaclearday
2nd May 2006, 13:40
anthonyjohnson.
Read your private message and can't help, I do not know the answers.

Re your comments regarding the nationality of the prospective crews, I think you had better check the nationality of the Executive General Manager and then ask yourself "am I going to win this"

prussian blue
2nd May 2006, 14:05
I know a lot of people are excited by the prospect of what this operation may offer, but try and guage the feel of it from the nature of this and other threads on the same subject, the T & C on offer are as bad as anything you will see and the (all too infrequent) flying couldn't compensate this. The whole company seems to be in a real state of flux and now does not appear to be the time to want in.