PDA

View Full Version : North Weald May 7th

Fournicator
23rd Apr 2006, 17:38
Am likely to be stuck at North Weald on 7th May, was wondering if anyone from that locality had any great ideas for how to spend my day, or even fancied offering a spare seat on some kind of aviation activity to me. Well, there's no harm in asking........

Ta in advance.

F

AerBabe
23rd Apr 2006, 18:43
Will you have a car? If so, there's the secret nuclear bunker at Kelvedon Hatch, Duxford's 30 minutes drive away, there's also the DeHavilland Museum near St Albans. I don't have my diary to hand, but if that date is a weekend, the North Weald Airfield museum will be open. There's also a museum in Waltham Abbey. Hanningfield Reservoir is a lovely place to go walking and there's an aviation scrapyard nearby. You could also go walking in Epping Forest.

Any of that interest you?

markflyer6580
23rd Apr 2006, 18:59
If so, there's the secret nuclear bunker at Kelvedon Hatch,

Its not much of a secret now is it? :E

Fournicator
23rd Apr 2006, 19:19
Sadly no car - flying in on the friday, out again on the monday, no chance of using that aeroplane over the weekend. Already have plans for the saturday, seeking inspiration for sunday, other than guilt-tripping some friends of mine in cambridge to come down and entertain me!

But thanks anyway for the suggestions so far!

TheKentishFledgling
23rd Apr 2006, 19:36
Its not much of a secret now is it? :E

Not since some bright spark put up this sign.....

http://www.uk-roads.org.uk/gallery/albums/userpics/10004/secretbunker.jpe

:}

tKF

chevvron
24th Apr 2006, 11:48
I think Fournicator's secretly hoping that AerBabe will look after him!

Boingy
24th Apr 2006, 14:56
I upset her once... Ooopsie.

Fournicator
24th Apr 2006, 16:10
Damn, my cunning subterfuge has been rumbled.........

AerBabe
25th Apr 2006, 16:17
I upset her once... Ooopsie.

Oh yes ... what did you do?!

Fournicator
25th Apr 2006, 18:04
So whaddya reckon then Aerbabe? You got the, ahem, equipment, to take me to heaven and back in a couple of weeks' time?

AerBabe
25th Apr 2006, 18:49
Not at the Weald I don't. And I'm working that weekend. Sorry. :(

Fournicator
26th Apr 2006, 11:12
Oh well, with my heart now truly broken I guess I'll just have to mope about and kick small children for fun.

Kolibear
26th Apr 2006, 11:31
If you are at a loose end & want a little job to do, you could always wash my aeroplane for me.

Boingy
26th Apr 2006, 15:22
Oh yes ... what did you do?!

Exactly what every other newly qualified ppl does when they learnt at an airfield where you are told what to do and when to do it. I thought great blast of too north weald i've done an hour in a 172 easy... Yeah then the usual trick of just doing what I want, backtracking without asking that sort of thing!

I now behave ! They even let me into Farnborough without getting to arsey!

AerBabe
26th Apr 2006, 19:56
Oh well, with my heart now truly broken I guess I'll just have to mope about and kick small children for fun.

Hey ... that sounds worth taking the day off for!

Did you come in on the same weekend last year? If so, I was the one in charge of a group of several blue furry things.

Kolibear
27th Apr 2006, 09:01
I was the one in charge of a group of several blue furry things

They are called 'Rabbits', and they are normally brown.

But its nice to know what you spend the rest of the day doing - a professional rabbit-herder!

:ok:

AerBabe
27th Apr 2006, 18:30
I know you're from Essex, Kolibear (when are you going to change your username again?), but you really are quite silly sometimes.

Blue rabbits = smurfs.

Fournicator
27th Apr 2006, 18:33
Aerbabe,

I wasn't there last year, but if we're both talking about the same weekend then I suspect that the chap I'm flying down with was there last year.

That was all very cryptic, wasn't it.........

AerBabe
27th Apr 2006, 18:40
Complete the rest of the following sequence:

LOP... :suspect:

SkyHawk-N
27th Apr 2006, 21:01
LOP? http://www.ansi.okstate.edu/breeds/swine/britishlop/index.htm ?

Are you being rude AerBabe? :E

Fournicator
27th Apr 2006, 21:11
Priceless.

chevvron
28th Apr 2006, 12:46
Hm, let Boingy into Farnborough did they? Hope he didn't get lost in the taxiway system.